Seguin's progression = Krecji out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Seguin's progression = Krecji out?

Not that I dislike Krecji... absolutely not. He's one of the most under-rated "feeder" in the league but Seguin's 1st center position will be his very shortly. Bergy on 2nd line is perfect (and he's such a complete player), then Krecji who dosen't deserve to play on 3rd line (not at $5-6 millions per year !), so what do we do ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out?

In Response to Seguin's progression = Krecji out?:
    [QUOTE]Not that I dislike Krecji... absolutely not. He's one of the most under-rated "feeder" in the league but Seguin's 1st center position will be his very shortly. Bergy on 2nd line is perfect (and he's such a complete player), then Krecji who dosen't deserve to play on 3rd line (not at $5-6 millions per year !), so what do we do ?
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE] Yes,let's get rid of last year's points leader in the playoffs and a guy who always plays well in the big games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

we wouldn't be having this discussion if Ryder were still here. That's the reality.

This team is getting nothing from Caron/poliout, therefore we think Krejci is expendable.

but there is nothing to worry about with the Berg/Marc/Segs line playing the way they are, they can afford to left KHL get up to speed and have the third line just be another grinder line (even though you have to respect the way Kelly is playing offensively this season)

IMO this team will be looking at wingers before the deadline if caron/poliout don't improve, we won't be looking at trading Krejci unless those other things are too cost prohibitive. And even then... i would be surprised we dealt him unless the return was significant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

For whatever reason it appears a good many Bruins fans don't like Krejci. Whether it is because they want "their guy" to be getting top minutes or they are not fond of European players. Maybe it is just his passive, low key, cerebral style.

All I know is this is a Bruins team that does not have a lot of creative offensive players. Seguin is developing nicely and has the most raw skill of the bunch. But David Krejci has had a tough start but it appears he maybe heating up as he usually does.

It also surprises me because over the years we have seen numerous very good regular season performers (Thornton, Savard) who pack it in come April and are unable to take there game to the next level. Krejci has continuously shown he gets better when the games get bigger both offensively and defensively. That is a great trait to have.

So people can complain all they want about his style. People say he is soft but that is a crock. The guy has always played hurt & has rushed back from injuries at times where he probably would have been better off taking his time. His cerebral style plays a part in him getting hit because he is a puck possession guy. He is also a guy who has a very fair contract and one of the few Bruins who have signed over the past few years to a team friendly contract.

Some Bs fans would like to see this guy traded. I would listen to offers for any player and everyone is available depending on the price. But I certainly would expect a big return for this guy because he has done it when it matters most. Lead playoffs in scoring on a Stanley Cup winning team. Carried team offensively in his 1st season after Savard broke his back. Team was absolutely lost when he gt hurt in Philly series in 2010.

The guy has proven himself over and over again and doesn't get the press or credit he deserves & is hugely underated by some including fans and media. But when the time comes in big games there he is at the front of the line playing lights out.

I am a huge fan of David Krejci's game. He is not my favorite player on the Bs. That belongs to Bergeron. But sometimes fans like to pit there favorites against other favorites which I don't understand. The better players you have the better chance you have of winning. There is tons of room on this team for players like Bergeron, Krejci & Seguin. The more skill the better.

Instead of looking to get rid of a player who has proven he has "it" come playoff time because he had a bad October why not show some loyalty to him like he has to the Bruins (Contract wise) and give him some rope because of the body of work he has showed in the past.

Sorry for the long post but it bothers me how little respect this guy gets yet there are others who are on the team who have also had tough stretches (Including Bergeron) who are let off the hook much more then Krejci.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out?:
    [QUOTE]For whatever reason it appears a good many Bruins fans don't like Krejci. Whether it is because they want "their guy" to be getting top minutes or they are not fond of European players. Maybe it is just his passive, low key, cerebral style. All I know is this is a Bruins team that does not have a lot of creative offensive players. Seguin is developing nicely and has the most raw skill of the bunch. But David Krejci has had a tough start but it appears he maybe heating up as he usually does. It also surprises me because over the years we have seen numerous very good regular season performers (Thornton, Savard) who pack it in come April and are unable to take there game to the next level. Krejci has continuously shown he gets better when the games get bigger both offensively and defensively. That is a great trait to have. So people can complain all they want about his style. People say he is soft but that is a crock. The guy has always played hurt & has rushed back from injuries at times where he probably would have been better off taking his time. His cerebral style plays a part in him getting hit because he is a puck possession guy. He is also a guy who has a very fair contract and one of the few Bruins who have signed over the past few years to a team friendly contract. Some Bs fans would like to see this guy traded. I would listen to offers for any player and everyone is available depending on the price. But I certainly would expect a big return for this guy because he has done it when it matters most. Lead playoffs in scoring on a Stanley Cup winning team. Carried team offensively in his 1st season after Savard broke his back. Team was absolutely lost when he gt hurt in Philly series in 2010. The guy has proven himself over and over again and doesn't get the press or credit he deserves & is hugely underated by some including fans and media. But when the time comes in big games there he is at the front of the line playing lights out. I am a huge fan of David Krejci's game. He is not my favorite player on the Bs. That belongs to Bergeron. But sometimes fans like to pit there favorites against other favorites which I don't understand. The better players you have the better chance you have of winning. There is tons of room on this team for players like Bergeron, Krejci & Seguin. The more skill the better. Instead of looking to get rid of a player who has proven he has "it" come playoff time because he had a bad October why not show some loyalty to him like he has to the Bruins (Contract wise) and give him some rope because of the body of work he has showed in the past. Sorry for the long post but it bothers me how little respect this guy gets yet there are others who are on the team who have also had tough stretches (Including Bergeron) who are let off the hook much more then Krejci.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    Is this the same post from another thread? It was long enough the 1st time. We get it. You like DK and wishes he got the respect of Bergeron. What you're forgetting is that DK comes up in trade "rumors" and Bergeron doesn't, due mainly to where they both stand contractually. DK's contract is up at the end of the year so his name is bound to come up more often. I expect to hear more rumors of Boychuk moving than Ference, for instance. It doesn't mean I'm saying Boychuk is less important, I'm just speaking practically.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

some valid points in there Newfie, notably about losing Krejci in the philly series, and him carrying the offense in the cup run.

But just remember that most of us know that Krejci is a great player, and respect him, even if most of us look at our third line center and pity having to play with such a lack of talent. Seguin is our future #1 Center, Bergeron is our #2 because he's bound to Marchand, unless Marchand falls off the face of the earth which i doubt will happen.

That leaves either Seguin or Krejci as our #3 center. Neither one is suited for that role. That is, unless we get another winger capable of playing with a talented center. 

Thats the debate in a nutshell, no one is looking at krejci as without value, we just think its possible to bring someone in that would be a better fit for the team. (Especially with our organizational depth at center, and Krejci deserving of a long-term deal)

anyways, I don't think it will be an issue, I think its easier to find good wingers than good centers, and we'll prob grab a good winger as long as the team keeps rolling.

However, if this team misses the playoffs, or is way out of the race, that could be bad news for Krejci

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Seguin's progression = Krecji out?:
    [QUOTE]Not that I dislike Krecji... absolutely not. He's one of the most under-rated "feeder" in the league but Seguin's 1st center position will be his very shortly. Bergy on 2nd line is perfect (and he's such a complete player), then Krecji who dosen't deserve to play on 3rd line (not at $5-6 millions per year !), so what do we do ?
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]

Initially,you wait it out until you know Seguin is ready to be the # 1. The Bruins are in no panic right now to move David Krejci nor should they be. Seguin is making great strides in his progress now but I certainly don't feel he is ready to become a # 1 Center both offensively & defensively at this point. It is coming but the time is not here yet so need to rush Krejci or Bergy out of town.

Now I will give another scenerio that I am sure many here will not like. In the event Seguin develops as the # 1 & Krejci signs for say 5 million per. Could the Bs not look at moving Bergeron? I realize most here love Bergeron including myself.

But lets look at it from a neutral perspective without having our "individual player" blinders on. Seguin seems a lock for the number 1 within the next couple of years. Krejci is a better offensive player then Bergeron & more creative offensively & has a history of elevating his play in big games. So does Bergeron but in more of a shutdown role. Given the fact they both maybe making the same money could it not be an option to move Bergeron?

Seguin becomes the # 1, Krejci becomes a very good # 2 & the Bruins go out & get a lock down # 3 with size who can kill penalties, strong on faceoffs & play a very good defensive game. But more importantly comes much cheaper then what Bergeron is going to cost you. So you get 2 offensive centerman & a traditional shutdown defensive # 3 for cheaper money.

I am certainly not contemplating trading either Bergy or Krejci at this time. But inevitably it will become to expensive for all 3. But that is down the road.

If Krejci is looking for crazy money (6 million +) then that certainly changes the scenerio. But thus far his history has been that he has been very fair with his contract demands.

I love Bergy but if I am running the team you have to look at all options & take your personal bias out of it. I am not sure trading Krejci over Bergeron would be the correct thing to do. Both are very important but you have to wonder if Bergy's skillset is more replacable then Krejci's.

I hope this doesn't become a Bergy vs Krejci arguement as that is not my intent. But I think a good arguement could be made either way for which direction the organization should go down the road. Rather then just automatically saying Krejci should go I think Chia would be doing himself a disservice if he didn't look at all aspects of potential moves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

So by your logic, Jordan Staal should have been traded a long time ago. Why should they have 3 centers capable of being 1st or 2nd liners?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Initially,you wait it out until you know Seguin is ready to be the # 1. The Bruins are in no panic right now to move David Krejci nor should they be. Seguin is making great strides in his progress now but I certainly don't feel he is ready to become a # 1 Center both offensively & defensively at this point. It is coming but the time is not here yet so need to rush Krejci or Bergy out of town. Now I will give another scenerio that I am sure many here will not like. In the event Seguin develops as the # 1 & Krejci signs for say 5 million per. Could the Bs not look at moving Bergeron? I realize most here love Bergeron including myself. But lets look at it from a neutral perspective without having our "individual player" blinders on. Seguin seems a lock for the number 1 within the next couple of years. Krejci is a better offensive player then Bergeron & more creative offensively & has a history of elevating his play in big games. So does Bergeron but in more of a shutdown role. Given the fact they both maybe making the same money could it not be an option to move Bergeron? Seguin becomes the # 1, Krejci becomes a very good # 2 & the Bruins go out & get a lock down # 3 with size who can kill penalties, strong on faceoffs & play a very good defensive game. But more importantly comes much cheaper then what Bergeron is going to cost you. So you get 2 offensive centerman & a traditional shutdown defensive # 3 for cheaper money. I am certainly not contemplating trading either Bergy or Krejci at this time. But inevitably it will become to expensive for all 3. But that is down the road. If Krejci is looking for crazy money (6 million +) then that certainly changes the scenerio. But thus far his history has been that he has been very fair with his contract demands. I love Bergy but if I am running the team you have to look at all options & take your personal bias out of it. I am not sure trading Krejci over Bergeron would be the correct thing to do. Both are very important but you have to wonder if Bergy's skillset is more replacable then Krejci's. I hope this doesn't become a Bergy vs Krejci arguement as that is not my intent. But I think a good arguement could be made either way for which direction the organization should go down the road. Rather then just automatically saying Krejci should go I think Chia would be doing himself a disservice if he didn't look at all aspects of potential moves.
    Speaking of taking the player love blinders off, your blanket statement that DK is a better offensive player than Bergeron isn't supported by their career numbers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]So by your logic, Jordan Staal should have been traded a long time ago. Why should they have 3 centers capable of being 1st or 2nd liners?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Jordan Staal is a selke nominee, and he's also huge. He's a MUCH better defensive center then both Seguin and Krejci. The comparison is constantly made, but it's invalid. Pitt can afford to put him on that line because he can single-handedly carry it. Krejci is a blend in the background fascilitator. 

Two totally different kinds of players. But yes, the bruins and the pens have three quality centers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]So by your logic, Jordan Staal should have been traded a long time ago. Why should they have 3 centers capable of being 1st or 2nd liners?

Can't speak for the original poster but I agree with you that it should not be an issue right now.

But I do believe down the road it can become an issue due to financial restraints in the future & perhaps that was the OP's point.

All 3 are young & financially it is not an issue right now. The team has been successful & are in good cap position. I don't see either losing there trade value anytime soon so I think you hold onto all 3 for the time being & assess where you are at capwise & development wise in the next year or two.

In the meantime you have 3 very good centers, a stud defensive prospect who is developing in Hamilton, the best defensive defenceman in the league in Chara & very good young goalie on the horison. All this while coming off a Stanley Cup.

This team is in very good position right now & should be in no rush to get rid of any of there core players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Seguin's looking pretty good on the wing. DK was the leading scorer in the playoffs.

Not sure why you need to change anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Jordan Staal is a selke nominee, and he's also huge. He's a MUCH better defensive center then both Seguin and Krejci. The comparison is constantly made, but it's invalid. Pitt can afford to put him on that line because he can single-handedly carry it. Krejci is a blend in the background fascilitator.  Two totally different kinds of players. But yes, the bruins and the pens have three quality centers.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

On more than half the NHL teams today, Staal is easily a first or second line center. I agree with you about his defensive skills but he has put up several 20+ goal seasons (29 in his rookie year). He may be a "casualty" of playing on such an offensively gifted team.

If your argument was based on cap management, you may have a point. Seguin will eventually command big money so maybe a choice will have to be made at some point. For right now, I want to see the 6 most talented players on the top 2 lines. If that means having Seguin play wing, then I'm all for it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : On more than half the NHL teams today, Staal is easily a first or second line center. I agree with you about his defensive skills but he has put up several 20+ goal seasons (29 in his rookie year). He may be a "casualty" of playing on such an offensively gifted team. If your argument was based on cap management, you may have a point. Seguin will eventually command big money so maybe a choice will have to be made at some point. For right now, I want to see the 6 most talented players on the top 2 lines. If that means having Seguin play wing, then I'm all for it.

I don't understand how Jordan Staals offensive abilities, or his ability to play #1 #2 (which he did last season when crosby AND malkin were out) somehow detracts from my argument (didn't I clearly describe Staal as a dominant player?). My point is that Staal has skills that Krejci doesn't, and those skills enable pitt to place Staal on a line without much help. Krejci does not have those skills.

I'm glad you're aware of the Salary cap issue, as DK is looking for a new deal and Seguin will be off his rookie deal next season. each post doesn't need to be a compendium of every issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Speaking of taking the player love blinders off, your blanket statement that DK is a better offensive player than Bergeron isn't supported by their career numbers.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Would you not agree Bergeron looked much better offensively early in his career?

Would you not agree that Bergeron compiled many of those early career offensive numbers before his injury & while the team was terrible and had very little other then Bergeron/Boyes to produce the offence? Remember the Dave Lewis days?

I am going by what my eyes tell me. I believe Krejci is the better & more creative offensive player the past 2 years regardless of what there career numbers say.

Bergeron is the better defensive player, faceoff man & shutdown center. All I am saying is that those qualities maybe a little easier & cheaper to replace then a potential 80 point 2nd line center. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : On more than half the NHL teams today, Staal is easily a first or second line center. I agree with you about his defensive skills but he has put up several 20+ goal seasons (29 in his rookie year). He may be a "casualty" of playing on such an offensively gifted team. If your argument was based on cap management, you may have a point. Seguin will eventually command big money so maybe a choice will have to be made at some point. For right now, I want to see the 6 most talented players on the top 2 lines. If that means having Seguin play wing, then I'm all for it.
    Ron, Seguin has the ability to be a big time goal scorer from the wing. I'm with you on this. I'd rather see him on Bergeron's right than see him centering the 3rd line. This team is 1 Horton away from having the 3 line attack we saw in May and June. Don't fool with it now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Would you not agree Bergeron looked much better offensively early in his career? Would you not agree that Bergeron compiled many of those early career offensive numbers before his injury & while the team was terrible and had very little other then Bergeron/Boyes to produce the offence? Remember the Dave Lewis days? I am going by what my eyes tell me. I believe Krejci is the better & more creative offensive player the past 2 years regardless of what there career numbers say. Bergeron is the better defensive player, faceoff man & shutdown center. All I am saying is that those qualities maybe a little easier & cheaper to replace then a potential 80 point 2nd line center. 

Bergeron's dip in numbers is due to his under-utilization on the Power Play in Claude's system as opposed to D.Lewis (as well as the Bruins drawing much fewer penalties under julien), as well as being relied on to shut down opposing lines. He has not had the benefit of excellent wingers, and Marchand/Seguin blow away any combo he has had.

Im not getting to far into the Seguin as a wing/center,a s I've beat this drum many times. Just siffice to say that Centers have more value than wings, and you lose value with Seguin at wing because he can't touch the puck as much, and needs a fascilitating center rather than being that center.

It feels great to put Seguin on the wing, but your mind is tricking you into thinking it's an efficient use of his skills. If you're gonna pay him the money he'll demand, he better be playing center.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : I don't understand how Jordan Staals offensive abilities, or his ability to play #1 #2 (which he did last season when crosby AND malkin were out) somehow detracts from my argument (didn't I clearly describe Staal as a dominant player?). My point is that Staal has skills that Krejci doesn't, and those skills enable pitt to place Staal on a line without much help. Krejci does not have those skills. I'm glad you're aware of the Salary cap issue, as DK is looking for a new deal and Seguin will be off his rookie deal next season. each post doesn't need to be a compendium of every issue.

I'm also aware that Staal played top 2 center positions last year. I'm not trying to detract your argument, I'm trying to make my own based on your comment of how the Staal comparison doesn't make sense. 

I sense you're getting irritated but I'm basically saying Staal also posesses skill to fill the top 2 spots on most teams. So therefore, the situation in Pitt is similar to ours.

Furthermore, the 2 team's centers are much more comparable that you seem to think. Crosby & Malkin are obviously much more talented than Seguin & Krecji but wouldn't you say Bergy and Staal are similar in playing style? Excellent 2 way players with above average offensive skill set. That would put us in the same exact position as Pitt. 2 solid offensive centers and one excellent defensive center.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Would you not agree Bergeron looked much better offensively early in his career? Would you not agree that Bergeron compiled many of those early career offensive numbers before his injury & while the team was terrible and had very little other then Bergeron/Boyes to produce the offence? Remember the Dave Lewis days? I am going by what my eyes tell me. I believe Krejci is the better & more creative offensive player the past 2 years regardless of what there career numbers say. Bergeron is the better defensive player, faceoff man & shutdown center. All I am saying is that those qualities maybe a little easier & cheaper to replace then a potential 80 point 2nd line center. 
    You go by your eyes. I'll go mine (and actual hard facts) when I say Bergeron has as much offensive upside as DK. Did you notice he scored at a much higher clip last year when he centered Horton and Lucic during the games DK was hurt? Do you really believe he would've still outscored Bergeron last year had their roles been reversed? Not a chance DK puts up the same numbers with Rex and Marchand(who didn't start there) as he did with Horton/Lucic. You're basically saying DK is a better scorer because he's put in a better position to do so. Speaking of role reversals, that's what I think seperates the 2 players. Bergeron has proven he can play in DK's role. I don't think the same can be said about DK replacing what Bergeron does.....but that's just my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]Staal also posesses skill to fill the top 2 spots on most teams. So therefore, the situation in Pitt is similar to ours. [/QUOTE]

True, but only because Staal and Krejci have offensive upside. The same thing doesn't work in reverse. Neither Crosby, Malkin, Krejci, or Seguin should be playing third line center, this is because they are not shut-down defensive centers, and in the case of Malkin and Crosby, are so frickn good offensively that they are placed with the best Pitt has to offer on the wing.

[QUOTE] wouldn't you say Bergy and Staal are similar in playing style? Excellent 2 way players with above average offensive skill set. 

Of course I would agree with that, but the problem is that Bergeron is playing so well, and so consistently well with Marchand, that you just can't break that line up. Bergeron would be a great fit on the third line, and then you could look at our centers just like Pitt (i agree with you there 100%). However, I just don't think you can break up Bergeron from Marchand, and that line has been so good, that they need to see #2 minutes.

I'm not getting irritated with you, you seem to know whats up. I bet we agree on this more than you think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Bergeron's dip in numbers is due to his under-utilization on the Power Play in Claude's system as opposed to D.Lewis (as well as the Bruins drawing much fewer penalties under julien), as well as being relied on to shut down opposing lines. He has not had the benefit of excellent wingers, and Marchand/Seguin blow away any combo he has had. Im not getting to far into the Seguin as a wing/center,a s I've beat this drum many times. Just siffice to say that Centers have more value than wings, and you lose value with Seguin at wing because he can't touch the puck as much, and needs a fascilitating center rather than being that center. It feels great to put Seguin on the wing, but your mind is tricking you into thinking it's an efficient use of his skills. If you're gonna pay him the money he'll demand, he better be playing center.

Very good point. I agree that Bergy would put up better numbers under a different coach as would other Bruins. Maybe it is the defensive role he is playing but I just don't see the explosiveness in his game now that I seen before the injury. I hope it returns & believe it still can return under a different role.

I also agree with you that Seguins best spot in the future is Center. He clearly has the most offensive skill on the team & I certainly hope the Bs don't waste that as a winger. The center is allowed to be more creative and have the puck more.

I think it is okay now because he is hot & has really brought a spark to Bergeron's line. But it is certainly in the organizations best interest for him to play center sooner rather then later so he can start the learning curve of playing a huge role as a NHL centerman in all 3 zones rather then be continually moved around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : True, but only because Staal and Krejci have offensive upside. The same thing doesn't work in reverse. Neither Crosby, Malkin, Krejci, or Seguin should be playing third line center, this is because they are not shut-down defensive centers Of course I would agree with that, but the problem is that Bergeron is playing so well, and so consistently  well with Marchand, that you just can't break that line up. Bergeron would be a great fit on the third line, and then you could look at our centers just like Pitt (i agree with you there 100%). However, I just don't think you can break up Bergeron from Marchand, and that line has been so good, that they need to see #2 minutes. I'm not getting irritated with you, you seem to know whats up. I bet we agree on this more than you think.

100% agreed. 

All that being said, we really have a deep team! And hard choices may need to be made in the next couple of years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : You go by your eyes. I'll go mine (and actual hard facts) when I say Bergeron has as much offensive upside as DK. Did you notice he scored at a much higher clip last year when he centered Horton and Lucic during the games DK was hurt? Do you really believe he would've still outscored Bergeron last year had their roles been reversed? Not a chance DK puts up the same numbers with Rex and Marchand(who didn't start there) as he did with Horton/Lucic. You're basically saying DK is a better scorer because he's put in a better position to do so. Speaking of role reversals, that's what I think seperates the 2 players. Bergeron has proven he can play in DK's role. I don't think the same can be said about DK replacing what Bergeron does.....but that's just my opinion.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Thats fine. We disagree on the offensive side of things. But I would add that I believe Marchand is a more skilled winger then Lucic is. I think Marchand was the Bs best winger throughout the playoffs and that includes Horton. I would also argue that Recchi was better in the playoffs then Lucic. As of right now Bergeron clearly has the teams most explosive winger on his line in Seguin.

Also, DK is not chopped liver in his own zone. He has struggled this season & is a -3 but if you look at his +/- numbers over his career they are really good. He has also killed penalties sucessfully in the past. So you maybe selling him a little short on the defensive side of things. I concur he is not as strong defensively as Bergeron but he is not a bad defensive player by any stretch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Very good point. I agree that Bergy would put up better numbers under a different coach as would other Bruins. Maybe it is the defensive role he is playing but I just don't see the explosiveness in his game now that I seen before the injury. I hope it returns & believe it still can return under a different role. 

If you're interested, I strongly recommened these. Someone listed them on these boards before and I thought it was awesome

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Thats fine. We disagree on the offensive side of things. But I would add that I believe Marchand is a more skilled winger then Lucic is. I think Marchand was the Bs best winger throughout the playoffs and that includes Horton. I would also argue that Recchi was better in the playoffs then Lucic. As of right now Bergeron clearly has the teams most explosive winger on his line in Seguin. Also, DK is not chopped liver in his own zone. He has struggled this season & is a -3 but if you look at his +/- numbers over his career they are really good. He has also killed penalties sucessfully in the past. So you maybe selling him a little short on the defensive side of things. I concur he is not as strong defensively as Bergeron but he is not a bad defensive player by any stretch.
    Nowhere did I say DK was bad at anything. I simply said he's not as good at it as Bergeron. Long story short, I'm in the camp that has no issues with retaining all 3 long term. I like the lines as they are right now. The 3rd line is also making things happen. This team is close to getting their groove back.

Sections
Shortcuts