Seguin's progression = Krecji out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out?

In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out?:
    [QUOTE]Nothing should happen THIS YEAR.  I'm really liking our current line up.  Let Seguin play on the wing and put up 40 goals for now.  I don't like the idea of any of Bergeron, Krecji, or Seguin playing on the third line because for any one of them it is a waste of their talents.   I don't get how anybody can still content that Bergeron is a "perfect" third line center because to me it is pretty clear that he is much better than that.  You can play him on a third line and he will give you 50-60 points, or you can play him with some talent and he can give you 70-80 points.  That line was absolutely dominant last night despite only potting one goal.  They consistently pinned the other team down in their zone and created high quality scoring chances.  Some good bounces and Seguin could have had another hat trick and Marchand pots on as well.
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]
    Who cares what label his line is give? It doesn't matter as long as he's playing as many minutes as he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji played a solid game last night as his recovery improves. Seguin is playing very well as Bergeron's wing, and learning defense in every game. Leave it until we see some collapse, which may not be for the next few years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Kreji played a solid game last night as his recovery improves. Seguin is playing very well as Bergeron's wing, and learning defense in every game. Leave it until we see some collapse, which may not be for the next few years.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Good call Bogie. If it ain't broke........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pitzer04. Show pitzer04's posts

I'd deal Krejci for Iginla after he gets his 500th and we are approaching the trading deadline if Seguin can keep up this pace.

Lucic Seguin Horton Marchand Bergeron Iginla is a pretty killer top 6 and would leave opponents with a lot of bruises over a 7 game series for the next few seasons.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

Krejci belongs with Lucic and Horton. They have great chemistry. Seguin can play with Bergie and Marchmont.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think that with bergeron centering marchand and seguin, they have the potential to be a 100 goal line. as good as any line in the nhl. small sample size, i know, but speed/skill/youth of this line is undeniable. geez, poor bruins, 2 #1 goaltenders, 2 #1 lines... what a quandry. i like this teams chances of being good for a long time- you know a dynasty. why not the bruins? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin = one of if not the best 2 way line in hockey, why would you want to break it up? So Seguin can center the "first" line? There is no first line on the Bruins. There are 2 A lines, one B line and a 4th line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

They will try to sign Krejci at the right price. If they can't then they will say he didn't want to be here and all you clowns will boo him everytime he comes back to play here and call him soft. That's the typical drunken Bruin fan reaction......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

The more C's we have the better it is. The way i see it is that the B's trade Krecji then the B's have an injury at C. Who will play C then?? Just keep everyone we have thats it. If there anything to fix its not trading away Krecji.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I wonder how much of Seguin's "progression" this year has to do with putting him on a line with 2 guys who can compliment him in speed and skill?

Anyway, I see a team with 2 first lines that I would not fiddle with one iota.  I agree with Dez' observation that the objective numbers do not back up an assertion that DK is demonstrably better offensively, although it sure looks that way when DK is on one of his hot streaks.  Bergies superb 2-way play makes him tough to beat though.  No way I move any of these 3 guys.

"DK-Berg-Seg-Chara-best goaltending tandem in the NHL" is a core I don't touch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SEABASS2013. Show SEABASS2013's posts

Absolute BS they better not lose Krecji he is the real deal and should be locked
    up, playoff performers who are young should not be traded for anything!

PC get it done!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You build on Krecji, Bergeron, Seguin, not delete one...you sign DK as fast as you can before his stock rises.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]I'd deal Krejci for Iginla after he gets his 500th and we are approaching the trading deadline if Seguin can keep up this pace. Lucic Seguin Horton Marchand Bergeron Iginla is a pretty killer top 6 and would leave opponents with a lot of bruises over a 7 game series for the next few seasons.  
    Posted by pitzer04[/QUOTE]

That is the exact type of deal the Bruins should NOT make. I love Iginla but he is 34 yrs old & has 2 years left on a 7 million/per yr contract. Like Krejci, he has also got off to a slow start this season with 8 points.

This type of deal is as shortsighted as they come. You don't trade a 25 yr old player trending upward in his career for a 34 yr old player trending downward. You have already proved you can win a cup with the 25 yr old who led your team in points in the Stanley Cup run. Plus, you end up taking on more salary.

I would hope Peter Chiarelli is a lot smarter then to even consider such a thing.
    Add to the fact that Seguin isn't even playing center yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]I've heard Krejci's contract is probably going to be about $4.5 per year.  If that is the case, I'd sign him to that today. There's only a debate for me if we were talking about like $6 million. Krejci and Bergeron is the core of this team.  To not have both of them for the next 3-4 years would be a mistake.  Seguin is a nice bonus player to have.  His contract is going to be a tough decision.  If he is going to be like Doughty and want to get paid like the best player in the league on his second contract, I'm saying no.  Seguin needs to be signed for an intermediate contract.  Then the dynasty will be complete.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

If that is true the Bruins should/would have signed him a long time ago. That deal would be an absolute steal for the Bs.

Who knows? The last contract he signed was a team friendly one. I am thinking somewhere around 5.5 million- 6 million is what he deserves in this current market.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : In my opinion, all the players need to be on the same page.  We know we are just barely good enough to win a championship as it is.  If we want to continue playing winning hockey, no one can accept that much of a raise.  Eventually I'd even talk to Chara about restructuring.

Can't happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : In my opinion, all the players need to be on the same page.  We know we are just barely good enough to win a championship as it is.  If we want to continue playing winning hockey, no one can accept that much of a raise.  Eventually I'd even talk to Chara about restructuring.
    "we know we are just barely good enough to win a championship as it is"...what the heck does this mean? i've never read a line of text and had NO IDEA what it meant. this is the first, congratulations

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No sense to mess with the KLH;Bergeron; or Kelly lines. Focus on defense, but make sure any change is better than Kamfer who IMO could replace either Corvo or Boychuck. Then focus on the Campbell line. Since Paille and Campbell carry that line, start inserting young players like Sauve, Arneil and Pouliot. That way replacements learn Claude's system and provide some added skill on a look see basis. In addition, Chara has a few poor habits like holding the puck too long; making long passes when a short , quick pass is better; misplaying the puck at the opponents blue line; as accomplished as he is, these problems need more focus and change. Mc Quaid keeps improving , and after the Isles game we could easily say ' who needs Thorny"; Seidenberg is the most consistent , with Ference right behind him for consistency. That leaves Boychuck and Corvo as the area needing an upgrade in quality. Timmy and Tuuka are in a class along with Kreji and Bergeron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So Seguin gets a hat trick and we no longer have a need for the guy who led the playoffs in scoring?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : I mean the absolute 100% effort that is needed when you watched our playoff run last year.  We aren't the kind of team that is so stacked, that it is easy for us to win.  That is what I'm saying. Realistically, I think we should sign Krejci whatever it takes.  If Chara's contract is where it's at and that's the best it can be, I'm fine with that.  I've said many times, this team is very likeable.  Signing a player from another team that is supposedly good, doesn't guarantee anything.
    huh? we are all waiting patiently for your list of teams that are so stacked it is "easy for them to win"- you should give them a call, and inform them it should be WAY easier to win in the nhl. this is how basketball works... two or three talented guys, you win a title. not hockey my friend- it's a team effort, talent or no talent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

First of all Seguin's progress has nothing to do with Krejci.  There is a chance after next season (a year and a half away) that we may have to move some one due to the cap, but why would we move an important part of our team before then?  Krejci has said he likes playing in Boston, is well liked by his team mates, and is still an RFA.  Unless his contract demands are way out of line there is no reason not to keep him.

If a trade comes along that PC just can not refuse then and only then you trade him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Talk of trading Krecji right now is premature at best. It was the first night I really saw him moving his feet and doing what we all love. Lets chalk it up to a slow starter like Iginlia.

By Joe Haggerty
    CSNNE.com Bruins Insider

All is right in the NHL world again after a topsy-turvy start to the season that included horrendous opening months for the final four teams in last year’s playoffs: The Vancouver Canucks, the San Jose Sharks, The Tampa Bay Lightning and the Boston Bruins. All four seemed to follow the self-fulfilling prophecy of a Cup playoff hangover, but all have now begun playing well as the playoff race begins to take shape in November.

There’s still work to do, however, as upstart teams like the Edmonton Oilers, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild and Toronto Maple Leafs continue their surges. Everybody is regressing toward their mean now, but there’s little margin for error for last year’s top dogs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]They will try to sign Krejci at the right price. If they can't then they will say he didn't want to be here and all you clowns will boo him everytime he comes back to play here and call him soft. That's the typical drunken Bruin fan reaction......
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]
    Maybe you shouldn't have hit the bottle so early in the day. BTW, isn't there a Kessel poster somewhere that you're due to be whacking off in front of?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

No changes please.

DK had a fab game last nite.

LOVE his empty netter..pure hustle and deadly eye

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : If that is true the Bruins should/would have signed him a long time ago. That deal would be an absolute steal for the Bs. Who knows? The last contract he signed was a team friendly one. I am thinking somewhere around 5.5 million- 6 million is what he deserves in this current market.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    Too much cash for an RFA. He shouldn't get any more than Bergeron makes (5 per) unless you think some other GM will sign him to an offer sheet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The only problem with this was Bergeron signed his current contract when his value was low. He was coming off concussions and a moderately good season. The contract was considered by many to be a risk and PB might have been one hit away from career over.  You wouldn't get Bergeron for that money today, and it's tough to expect Krejci to take it because Patrice signed cheap.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin's progression = Krecji out? : Too much cash for an RFA. He shouldn't get any more than Bergeron makes (5 per) unless you think some other GM will sign him to an offer sheet.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]