SEGUN!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stuartr29. Show stuartr29's posts

Re: SEGUN!!!!

That was fun watching him play, kid gave team shot in the arm when they really needed it most. Hopefully this will be a spring board to him playing regularly!!!!! Did the power play actually look good or was I dreaming.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Seguin has the best shot on the team. He should be on the power play and should play with Ryder. Our defense has to learn how to get the puck out of their own end and stop giving the puck away. If they can do that, they will win. Seguin has a great career ahead of him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I'll be the first to admit I didnt think he was all that ready for the playoff atmosphere. He has definitely proved me wrong....Much of my reasoning for why I thought that, was because of how he played in the regular season. Now I know CJ was teaching the the kid responsibility in his own end, which I completely agree with, but the reigns are off now. I think he has learned, for the most  part, his defensive responsibilities, which translated last night into some odd man rushes on the counter attack. In 2 games, the kid has shown his one on one offensive skills, that we didnt see once in the regular season. I cant think of one time where he took a defensman on and beat him in the regular season. Now in two games he has done it twice, both times for goals....I know many of you have said he is mismanaged, but everyone is referring to seguin and his managing to how Stamkos and JVR have been managed, which as you can see has worked brilliantly. I also feel for a kid of his age, being in his first year, was definitely feeling the grind of the regular season and the break off for a month has done him wonders. I definitely think he deserves to stay in the line up, but now what will the lines look like, because Seguin needs to play on the second or third line, but who do you move off those lines to the fourth line. Paille deserves to stay. He has played great....Im guessing Thorton gets removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BitterBruin. Show BitterBruin's posts

It's about time !!!  The best package of speed and offensive on the team and he had to sit throughout the playoffs and only get a chance to get into a game because Bergy was hurt.  It didn't even matter that the Bruins were 2 for 40 on the powerplay.  Ludicrous !! He never got a real shot during the year getting 5 minutes a game.  How are you supposed to have any confidence?  Julien's M.O. has always been defense first.  We all know how well that has worked out for him.  If Bergy comes back he should go back to his spot as second line center, keep Seguin with Ryder and Peverly and dump Paille replacing him with Kelly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Seguin played not only his best offensive game but also his best defensive game as he was where he was supposed to be almost every time and available for a breakout pass almost every time - This did not happen often this season.

CJ is not an idiot for not playing him, the kid stepped up, played well, and CJ started feeding him minutes. The offensive talent has been there all year but last night we saw a great overall game from the kid which is needed in the playoffs. CJ is not going to play him because he was a high draft pick like all of you would, he'll play him when he shows he's capable. Last night he turned that corner.

I hope the Bs management "mismanages" all our rookies like Marchand, Bergeron, Krejic, Lucic, and Seguin. If that's what mismanagement looks like, I can't wait until they get better at it because we're going to have 12 Gordie Howe's and 4 Bobby Orr's on our team.

Yeah, KDP was wrong. Yes, I was wrong. But besides flashes of brilliance on the offensive side, he was a liability in the defensive zone for most of the season, not because of lack of effort, but rather lack of thinking. Now that that part of his game came around and he stopped playing scared, you can take the reigns off. I don't fault CJ for not doing it before as the confidence and intelligence wasn't there.

After that game, he deserves more, key word being - deserves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joseph_K. Show Joseph_K's posts

BTW

I was thrilled to see Seguin get his chance, thrilled to see him excel and have been wanting to see him get the chance and respond as he did.

But even with that background, I was surprised to see him roll out there with three minutes left and a one goal lead--glad his D was solid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

And the solution when Bergeron comes back is to dump Thornton. Why people don't see that Paille is one of, if not our best, defensive forward is beyond me.

A 4th line of Paille - Campbell - Peverley would be a great defensive 4th line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigums. Show bigums's posts

In Response to Re: SEGUN!!!!:
    [QUOTE]who sits for this kid in game 3?
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate to say it because I love the way he plays and he plays hard 24-7 but Thornton has to be the guy. Paille is valuable with his speed and PK. And Cambell is huge for faceoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

he should have forced his way into the line up for game 3 time  to sit thornton  and drop Paille the 4th line leave the 3rd line of ryder, peverly, and seguin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hartt10. Show Hartt10's posts

In Joe Thornton's rookie season, he played 55 games.  He scored 3 goals and had 4 assists. He was a minus 6. That same season he played 6 playoff games, with 0-0-0 totals.

Sequin played in 74 games this year, with 11-11-22 totals. He was a minus 4.  In addition, he has played 2 playoff games and has 3-3-6 totals.

The point of all this is that Joe scored 16 goals during his second season, and has never scored less than 20 since then. 13 straight seasons of 20 plus goals, not to mention over 100 points 3 times.  All of the Sequin naysayers need to chill with the "Sequin is a bust" crap.  He is one playoff point away from equaling what Joe did during his 61 game (regular season and playoffs combined) rookie season, and he has only played two games!  Nothing is ever definite, but I feel pretty confident that this kid has the tools to produce a stellar career!  Last night was just the beginning!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]And the solution when Bergeron comes back is to dump Thornton. Why people don't see that Paille is one of, if not our best, defensive forward is beyond me. A 4th line of Paille - Campbell - Peverley would be a great defensive 4th line.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    I agree you can't take Paille out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

Agreed on Paille , he sigle handedly killed a penalty last night......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangential. Show Tangential's posts

Mismanaged all year long. You do not get drafted 2nd overall if you are as weak on the puck as he's been for months. He walked in the door confident and was a shell of himself within weeks. He was the best skater on the team since day one of training camp. If you can not utilize that as a coach something is wrong. Kevin Paul duJacobs has egg on his face as usual. The important thing though is that through all of this the kid somehow dug inside himself and regained his mojo and completely controlled an NHL playoff game. A little perspective. TB has won 8 in a row. The B's absolutely dominated 19:30 of the first period and were still down 2-1. Seguin stepped up when no one else was capable of putting the puck in the net against the best goalie in the playoffs so far. He's special and had to do something unbelievable just to hopefully be put in positions to succeed in the future. Here's hoping Claude figured it out. I'm assuming he did because the kid was getting burn at the end of a one goal game, which actually doesn't play well to his skill set.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

You all hit on great points.  But my favorite part is this kid on the half wall and his potential to work with Kaberle from that position.  It was an awesome goal that Ryder got working from those two, but this is not an isolated incident.  We all saw the magic Savard worked off that wall.  Most of us thought Krejci would step right into that role.  From my vantage point he has never been competent in doing so.  Seguin plays with Savard like poise off that wall and has a mean shot to add another dimension.  I'm not saying he is currently as good as Savard, but he is the best we have at that position and I believe he has the potential to be better then Savard from that position eventually (not this postseason).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I guess the second coming of "Scotty Bowman", Guy Boucher , wasn't prepared or couldn't make a "in game adjustment" to counter our baby boy. How did he get that scar anyway ? Dueling !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangential. Show Tangential's posts

Agreed on the half wall. He created both of Ryder's goals. One aggressively stepping into the shot on net and the other with a nice little pass to Kelly in the slot. It's amazing what can happen when the puck isn't sent back to the point every single time. Nice dirty work from Ryder on both of those goals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I will feel bad when Sean Thornton sit ! I love him and he gives 120% even when he is sleeping. Ryder is a stiff but he does have a chance to score when he takes a shot. I think "Trooper" Thornton is the odd man out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Sandoggie is dancing. I know it's only one game, but maybe the "Segzy Fanboy" stuff can finally stop now. The kid just had his debutante ball.

Before game 1 Julien said something to the effect of "it's all about results now". Well, I guess 19 sent the message and CJ recieved it.

The book on this kid was always that he was a fast learner, hard worker, easily coachable, and up to challenges. 4 checkmarks right there. He looked good in the D zone and hit well. It's only a start, but the kid still has a lot to learn. Anyone who says he was mis-handled is not paying attention. He's been handled very well. He will make mistakes and still have defensive lapses,  it comes with being a kid.

My wife was saying last night "do you think he could get the hat-trick". My response was, "they are up by 3 goals...if he gets more than 3 shifts I'll be amazed". Needless to say, I was not amazed.

How many #19 Jerseys you think they sold at the pro shop last night?

Lastly, When 37 comes back, it's gotta be Thornton who sits. Who else could it be? Please don't say Recchi, He'll sit when Claude regrows his hair.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

What's the hardest type of player to find in the NHL? It's a GOAL-SCORER or a SNIPER? These guys are "difference-makers," they can be relatively quiet all-game, then suddenly use their talents to make that one "game-changing" dynamic play, that helps their team win a game. 

Last night, in the Eastern Conference Semifinals, Tyler Seguin showed the hockey world that he is that rare type of a player, - a "GOAL-SCORER, who can single-handidly help his team win a game. In the 2nd period alone, Tyler Seguin had 4 points,(2 GOALS, 2 ASSIST) no Bruin player has ever done that, EVER.

As any Bruin fan knows, the one missing ingredient for this team, so many times in the postseason, has been their true lack of a "GOAL-SCORER."

Last night, the B's found out in the second period, they actually have THAT MISSING INGREDIENT, - A "GOAL-SCORER," and his name is Tyler Seguin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Awesome, awesome performance by the kid! Finally we see the tip of the potential iceberg. His speed, his touch, and his sublime nose for the net were obvious last night! I don't understand the he's "flipping the bird" to the coaching staff, management, his 3rd grade teacher stuff though. How can you argue with the results? Maybe, just maybe, it was the handling he's had that got him to this point?
    Go Flippin' B'S!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]You all hit on great points.  But my favorite part is this kid on the half wall and his potential to work with Kaberle from that position.  It was an awesome goal that Ryder got working from those two, but this is not an isolated incident.  We all saw the magic Savard worked off that wall.  Most of us thought Krejci would step right into that role.  From my vantage point he has never been competent in doing so.  Seguin plays with Savard like poise off that wall and has a mean shot to add another dimension.  I'm not saying he is currently as good as Savard, but he is the best we have at that position and I believe he has the potential to be better then Savard from that position eventually (not this postseason).
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

All the more reason to give Seguin PP time. Plus, the kid is not afraid to shoot unlike Savard and Krecji who almost always look for the past first....If CJ gives him serious PP time the kid will likely be the B's leading scorer by the end of the playoffs....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUN!!!! : All the more reason to give Seguin PP time. Plus, the kid is not afraid to shoot unlike Savard and Krecji who almost always look for the past first....If CJ gives him serious PP time the kid will likely be the B's leading scorer by the end of the playoffs....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  And I want to be very clear on this.  I don't care as much whether it is unit 1 or 2 but I think he absolutely should be on the PP with Kaberle.  In an ideal world it would be on Unit 1 and Chara would be on the other side of Kaberle.  All of a sudden you have a very versatile weapon in your hands.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUN!!!! : Absolutely.  And I want to be very clear on this.  I don't care as much whether it is unit 1 or 2 but I think he absolutely should be on the PP with Kaberle.  In an ideal world it would be on Unit 1 and Chara would be on the other side of Kaberle.  All of a sudden you have a very versatile weapon in your hands.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Yep...now if only CJ and, more importantly, Ward can see it the same way.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Seguin was asked last night if there was anything that was said on the bench or in the locker room that was memorable. His response was that Thornton came up to him when the playoffs began and told him to the effect "'Look, kid, if we're going to the Cup, you're going to get opportunity to play just because injuries are part of the game, and have fun with it and enjoy the ride and take it all in and use it as a learning experience".

Other parts of the interview that were interesting was the fact that Seguin noted that his friends and family have been chiming in on the lack of playing time but he seems to be taking it a lot better than some fans and people close to him.

Love Thornton and what he and Recchi bring to the locker room, but Thornton still sits if Bergeron is back game 3.

Sections
Shortcuts