Seidenberg dazed & confused?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

Seidenberg dazed & confused?

I didn't notice this last night (this morning).  If you watch the replay, on the winning OT goal, Seids takes a healthy hit in the corner & loses a glove.  He starts heading back into the play, then turns to retrieve his glove, leaving Krug as the only D-man in front.  You have to believe he was really shaken up on the hit.  I apologize for the sports/war comparison, but the way he went back to retrieve his glove reminded me of the guy who had his arm blown off on Omaha beach & went back to pick it up in "Saving Private Ryan"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Seidenberg dazed & confused?

And he still had his best game of the playoffs. Seidenberg was to me the best Bruin on the ice, and made so many terrific defensive plays that thwarted Hawks opportunities, and rebounds. I'd rather look at Dennis as an indisipensible guy, not "dazed and confused."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

i think hes saying that on the hit he took he was dazed and confused not that he was playing that way...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I agree but what i saw was a bit of a trip putting him in a vulnerable position when he was hit, Definately lost his marbles for a few seconds and his reaction to the goal was actually none.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I understand the Private Ryan reference.  Not sure if it was a natural reaction to pro back for the glove. Funny, most times you see them leave ieh when they could easily pick it up. Did he interview after? Talk about it anywhere?  Just curious because it was definitely a little odd. 

On another note did anyone hear one of the analysts actually say that a defenceman has to be aware of which direction his blades are pointing, ie. the Ferrence goal, I missed it but my co-worker was telling me about that idiotic comment that one of them said...no idea if it was NBC, TSN, CBC...please enlighten me if you did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sask-Bs-fan. Show Sask-Bs-fan's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

I understand the Private Ryan reference.  Not sure if it was a natural reaction to pro back for the glove. Funny, most times you see them leave ieh when they could easily pick it up. Did he interview after? Talk about it anywhere?  Just curious because it was definitely a little odd. 

On another note did anyone hear one of the analysts actually say that a defenceman has to be aware of which direction his blades are pointing, ie. the Ferrence goal, I missed it but my co-worker was telling me about that idiotic comment that one of them said...no idea if it was NBC, TSN, CBC...please enlighten me if you did.

I am pretty sure it was CBC that made that comment about a defenceman having to always be aware of how his skates are angled. Like there is nothing else on their mind at that moment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Ridiculous statement, either PJ Stock or Ferraro. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I would've bet Healy for sure just because he hates Ference and also because he is a knob. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

it was Jones on NBC I believe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I would've bet Healy for sure just because he hates Ference and also because he is a knob. 

Forgot about Healy between the benches!  Although Jones does say some stupid things too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think a defenseman has to go back and get his glove, knowing he has to go back in front of the net at some point. A slapper to a hand while gripping a stick means season over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

In response to Billy-Chapel's comment:

i think hes saying that on the hit he took he was dazed and confused not that he was playing that way...

That's exactly what I was referring to, just the final play.  Does anyone know if Seids practiced today?  I'd hate to hear a surprise "out with an upper body injury" tomorrow night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I still think a guy who played 48 minutes deserves better than to have a thread devoted to being hit on a play. He played fantastic hockey, and I'll continue to reiterate that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I still think a guy who played 48 minutes deserves better than to have a thread devoted to being hit on a play. He played fantastic hockey, and I'll continue to reiterate that.

Wow, give it up.  I'm talking about a moment in time.  By no means am I ragging on Seidenberg.  The guy is invaluable.  For whatever reason, he started to go back into the play, then returned for his glove.  I have to believe he was a little shaken up from the hit, or he may have thought the puck cleared the zone, as he shot it up the boards as he got leveled.  Geeez, don't be so sensitive.  Is he a family member?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

He actually does that (retrieving a glove at questionable times) rather often. But he has been taking a beating this year. He doesn't look nearly as strong or solid as he did 2 years ago. Still playing well, just taking more of a beating now rather than giving one.

Sections
Shortcuts