Seidenberg in for 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Seidenberg in for 4

4 years at 16 mil total with a no trade clause.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Seidenberg in for 4

Just saw that from Lebrun.

Nice.  Reasonable total and term for him - below what I expected, and exactly the term I expected.  Sets him up to be a bonus baby veteran if he wants to chase another Cup before he hands em up.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Cheaper than I thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Nice.  Reasonable total and term for him - below what I expected, and exactly the term I expected.  Sets him up to be a bonus baby veteran if he wants to chase another Cup before he hands em up.

Yeah, cant really complain about this.  But i wonder which defensemen now become a little more expendable with him locked up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, cant really complain about this.  But i wonder which defensemen now become a little more expendable with him locked up.

[/QUOTE]

boychuk. they like seidenberg on the right side anyhow. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

fair dinkum.
    There had to be some give and take there. Probably adding a 4th year allowed them to get in at the number they did.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

boychuk. they like seidenberg on the right side anyhow. 

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433343

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins

CapGeek hasn't updated yet, good deal for both is correct. So it's basically Iginla or Iginla's spot, a backup (probably Svedberg) and Bartkowski/Krug.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

Cap is going up so I guess the Joe Thornton or Paul Stastny watch will begin after the SCF ?...

Bring back Joe! Bring back Joe! Bring back Joe!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins

CapGeek hasn't updated yet, good deal for both is correct. So it's basically Iginla or Iginla's spot, a backup (probably Svedberg) and Bartkowski/Krug.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

Cap is going up so I guess the Joe Thornton or Paul Stastny watch will begin after the SCF ?...

Bring back Joe! Bring back Joe! Bring back Joe

Over my dead body!

Sandog, your losing your mind as you get older. Watch out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just looking at the trade again that brought him here - Seidenberg and Bartkowski for Weller, Bitz and the pick that became Petrovic. Both the D we got will be significant contributors this year especially Seidenberg, while the other three - Petrovic has played 6 NHL games and just got sent back to San Antonio, Weller's in the German league and hasn't played an NHL game since the trade, and Bitz last I saw was with the Chicago Wolves, but I don't think he's even in the AHL anymore.

Man that ended up being a sweet trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I would think that he would have been the most sought after D man on the UFA market behind Phaneuf, and maybe Boyle. Some teams might have targeted him above those two. How they got him for this term and money i'll never know. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Just looking at the trade again that brought him here - Seidenberg and Bartkowski for Weller, Bitz and the pick that became Petrovic. Both the D we got will be significant contributors this year especially Seidenberg, while the other three - Petrovic has played 6 NHL games and just got sent back to San Antonio, Weller's in the German league and hasn't played an NHL game since the trade, and Bitz last I saw was with the Chicago Wolves, but I don't think he's even in the AHL anymore.

You said it! The most significant piece we moved was Byron Bitz. Bitz has played 17 NHL games since then...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like this deal. He isnt what he was a few yrs ago.  But he is a nice steady dman who never scares me when hes on.  The year we lost to the caps he was awesome.  I hope he can remain healthy.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Like the move a big Denny Seidenberg fan.  I am glad he's staying for 4. If he falls off a little the bruins have a enough depth. So I am on board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Bring back Joe! Bring back Joe! Bring back Joe

Over my dead body!

Sandog, your losing your mind as you get older. Watch out.[/QUOTE]

Certifiable too many wine coolers!

Bring back Boyes! Bring back Boyes! Bring back Boyes!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Great observation Red. Chiarelli fleeced that deal. I bet it stings NAS to this day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Deals like this are one of the many reasons the Panthers are doormats. I think the Seidenberg extension is another very smart move by PC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Great re-signing.   PC got it right when he brought Seids here. Unsung hero in the 2011 run and, yep, he was the best guy on the ice for that 2012 Caps series.

As long as he stays healthy, it's a win all around.  

Sections
Shortcuts