Seidenberg puts the hammer down!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Re: Seidenberg puts the hammer down!

Classic German ground and pound! Heard one post game report noting that Lupol left due to an upper body injury and Armstrong left with a "nose issue"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

DONT POKE THE GERMAN!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Part of the beatdown.

Maple Leafs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

LRH, now that is an objective post.  Yet I need to remind you the Bs had trouble with the Leafs last year.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2012/03/dennis-seidenberg-pops-colby-armstrong-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-in-rare-fight-for-defense.html

at the 40 second mark you can see the blood pour out onto the ice. I definitely looks like Dennis took McQuaid or Thornton aside for advise. Grab, adjust, balance, plant, set, throw repeat...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I heard that Armstrong's nose got smashed up, which would certainly explain the blood.  Seidenberg did actually look like he knew what he was doing.  Armstrong throws lefts and Seidenberg kept the left hand completely tied up the whole time while managing to keep his right hand free.  That was very surprising.

On Lupul, it looked like the shoulder to me.  Separation?  Torn labrum?  Who knows.

The Chara hit on Connelly looked bad and I was hopeful that Connelly didn't hit his head, since the guy has had enough concussion problems for a career.  On the replay it looked like Chara tripped over Boychuk's stick, so I don't think there was any intent to hit him there.

Grabo kills us.  Every time.  He and Seguin love this rivalry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

one of the funniest things i've ever seen. lucic.... hell no. mcquaid.... not in my lifetime. seidenburg.... this is more like it.... what just happened, my nose hurts, i want my mommy. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Just speculating...I 'm in Maine, so nice to have Bruins highlights on before Habs and Canucks for once, anyway, whatever Boston station I was watching reported that Armstrong suffered a concussion. I checked TSN and all they said was that he expected to be out for next game. Regardless, who cares, it's Colby Armstrong!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

my opinion of the chara hit is that connolly did a complete 180 before z hit him. this one's on connolly if you ask me. haven't watched the replay today, but from watching it last night, that was my first impression. i'll go back and check it out, i may be back eating crow. love me some crow early in the mornin'.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg puts the hammer down!:
    I heard that Armstrong's nose got smashed up, which would certainly explain the blood.  Seidenberg did actually look like he knew what he was doing.  Armstrong throws lefts and Seidenberg kept the left hand completely tied up the whole time while managing to keep his right hand free.  That was very surprising. On Lupul, it looked like the shoulder to me.  Separation?  Torn labrum?  Who knows. The Chara hit on Connelly looked bad and I was hopeful that Connelly didn't hit his head, since the guy has had enough concussion problems for a career.  On the replay it looked like Chara tripped over Boychuk's stick, so I don't think there was any intent to hit him there. Grabo kills us.  Every time.  He and Seguin love this rivalry.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Not defending hitting a guy in the numbers like Chara did there but it also appeared to me when I was watching the game that Connolly turned at the last minute. Not smart on Tim's part turning his back to Chara in the corner right before big Z is about to engage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seids showed the toughness that runs through this Bruins team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

From what I've seen, the Bruins are definitely the toughness team in the league both in terms of number of players that bring that element to that game and the overall size of the players.

That's what makes it tough to play against them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

What the ...  why no shots of Armstrong after that fight?  He looked like he was bleeding profusely.  I can understand if they don't want to show the guy bleeding, but at least tell us the guy is hurt - or not. Did he get knocked out of the game after that fight?  I don't think I saw him after that.
    Posted by BadHabitude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4NsxmXOn1jM

That video you get a pretty good view of Armstrong after the fight - his nose was busted up good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

just watched it again on sportsnet. connolly was facing chara when they were about 5 feet from each other, skating towards each other. connolly does a complete 180, turning his back to Z, at the moment of contact. this is on connolly, he put himself in that position, full well knowing a 6'9" 265 pd man was headed his way. sure call it boarding, but there is zero malicious intent. or should i say PREDATORY intent!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg puts the hammer down! : Not defending hitting a guy in the numbers like Chara did there but it also appeared to me when I was watching the game that Connolly turned at the last minute. Not smart on Tim's part turning his back to Chara in the corner right before big Z is about to engage.
    Posted by jaywall

I think it was alittle bit of both, Connolly turned but Chara could have held back.

Having said that, I find Chara, despite his size and strength, one of most resposible players out there and certainly not a dirty player.  His size, more often then not, results in hits that look dirty but really more a function of mis-match in sizing.

If he was, there would be a lot of hurting going on.  He's simply a freak of nature on skates.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Chara deserved the penalty but probably nothing more.  Regardless of the hit or who was involved I was hoping Connelly wasn't hurt as he has had a brutal run of concussions and injuries.  

I am just so tired of seeing good hockey players, from whatever team, get knocked out with concussions.  Glad that he appeared to be okay.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Seidenberg puts the hammer down!:
    That was awesome so cool Dennis pounded Armstrong and the takedown!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

See "Panzerkampfwagen"..........

Now available with hockey skates!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Lupul left the game because he needed a new panty liner. And Armstrong thought he could play big-boy hockey. It turns out he was wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Lupul left the game because he needed a new panty liner. And Armstrong thought he could play big-boy hockey. It turns out he was wrong.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

The price is wrong Bobby boy. The price is wrong!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

we were at the game and that was so sweet/justice for that pu^ke Armstrong trying to pick the lesser of several evils....guess who got punked there..whatadork

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Lupul out 3-4 weeks (separated shoulder).  We're done like dinner........

Thanks Boston......really......hopefully we tank and get a higher pick in the end.

Lupul is (was) arguably the Leafs MVP this year.

Good news story, his turnaround from serious injuries; but still didn't get thru the whole year without another injury and from Krecji of all players.

Tank.......tank..........tank...........tank....................please

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg puts the hammer down! : I think it was alittle bit of both, Connolly turned but Chara could have held back. Having said that, I find Chara, despite his size and strength, one of most resposible players out there and certainly not a dirty player.  His size, more often then not, results in hits that look dirty but really more a function of mis-match in sizing. If he was, there would be a lot of hurting going on.  He's simply a freak of nature on skates.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I agree. It's not like Chara held back at all costs or anything, he did engage. It is definitely not a suspendible offense like some other distraught Leaf fans are screaming about today:

"Chara is a goon!!"

"That dirty Krecji put Lupul out for the regular searson!!"

"Just like Seidenberg to be the third man in on a fight and take out an unaware Army!!"

Sometimes it gets a little nauseating how people can grieve in such irrational ways.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg puts the hammer down! : I agree. It's not like Chara held back at all costs or anything, he did engage. It is definitely not a suspendible offense like some other distraught Leaf fans are screaming about today: "Chara is a goon!!" "That dirty Krecji put Lupul out for the regular searson!!" "Just like Seidenberg to be the third man in on a fight and take out an unaware Army!!" Sometimes it gets a little nauseating how people can grieve in such irrational ways.
    Posted by jaywall

yeah,  an what if Crosby plays the Bruins on Sunday .... what then?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Krejci will have to goon it up with Sid the kid. Can't have him out there skating. Send in the clown! ha.

Sections
Shortcuts