Seidenberg-torn mcl/acl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Seidenberg-torn mcl/acl

Terrible news.

Assume PC can LTIR him to free up space if needed.  According to capgeek, he has $2.3M to work with.  Seems like he will want to pick-up a veteran d-man.  Sucks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Ouch, that sucks! I think we call up Miller and pray he continues to impress. He's better than Warsofsky in his own zone and can eat up some minutes. We won't lose him to waivers because he's probably not going back down. Hamilton seems to be close and will gets lots of ice time, which he can handle. If needed, PC will make a move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

bring back ferkuckle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Outside of the Bruins, I also watch a lot of Devils games... Andy Greene has been really good on an average team. Worth a look if NJ would part with him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

As per the B's,out for season.

Damn.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Agreed matt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think you run as-is for 2 months and assess. You need 8 NHL D for the playoffs. If the young guys continue to look good, it might be OK to stick with the current roster or pick up an old spare part. If missing the #2 D ends up as bad as it sounds, you make a bigger deal for a top-4 type rental at the bell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree with OatesCam, this is why the B's have depth. Great oppurtunity for Hamilton, Bartkowski,Warsofsky etc..Seidenberg will be missed, but I think the young guys will step up. I'm thinking Matt Bartkowski will take the spot and run with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

source?

50belowzero

That's a good enough source for me.

If someone didn't say it I was gonna. Good call NAS! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I agree with OatesCam, this is why the B's have depth. Great oppurtunity for Hamilton, Bartkowski,Warsofsky etc..Seidenberg will be missed, but I think the young guys will step up. I'm thinking Matt Bartkowski will take the spot and run with it.

What everyone is forgetting is the strentgh of Dennis. They say he's one of the strongest guys in the league physically. He's not an easy replacement at all! The young guys replacing a Boychuk, Ference, or McQuaid is one thing, but this is totally different. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

What everyone is forgetting is the strentgh of Dennis. They say he's one of the strongest guys in the league physically. He's not an easy replacement at all! The young guys replacing a Boychuk, Ference, or McQuaid is one thing, but this is totally different. 

I didnt say it was easy Nite, and whoever steps in for him doesnt have to play exactly like him, they can bring their own strengths  and I think Bartkowski is going to be a very good NHL defenseman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I think our D looks great... lots of depth there. But I don't think management will allow so much youth in the lineup come playoff time (unless no reasonable trade options are available.)

Isn't that what club brass did on the D last year? I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins had enough confidence in Bartkowski, Hamilton, Krug and Miller they bring in someone to augment THEM.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Didnt Thornton play defence in junior for a while? Lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I like the kids too, but think PC places a certain value on experience, see Wade Redden.  Wouldn't surprise me to see PC add a veteran, think he will.  Not a panic move, given the depth, but a move to sure things up.

Regular Season + Playoff games played:

Chara - 1222

Seidenberg - 684

Boychuk - 348

McQuaid - 264

Hamilton - 77

Krug - 56

Bartkowski - 50

Miller - 9

Warsofsky - 3

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I think our D looks great... lots of depth there. But I don't think management will allow so much youth in the lineup come playoff time (unless no reasonable trade options are available.)

Isn't that what club brass did on the D last year? I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins had enough confidence in Bartkowski, Hamilton, Krug and Miller they bring in someone to augment THEM.

I may not be remembering correctly, but our injuries happened after trade deadline so there was no choice but to let the young guys play. It December, so management definately has a choice on how to proceed now... I like our D depth so it will be interesting to see what choices PC makes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Devastating 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Chara out now too....ughhhh!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I think PC will make a move to bring in a veteran but I have no idea who that could be -- Gleason and Greene are at the top of my list. I doubt Phoenix would part with OEL or Yandle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to dc-bruins-fan's comment:

I think PC will make a move to bring in a veteran but I have no idea who that could be -- Gleason and Greene are at the top of my list. I doubt Phoenix would part with OEL or Yandle.

Maybe Sekera in Carolina?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Just as I write this, Glenn Healy adds, "Expect the Bruins to call the Rangers about Dan Girardi." Eliot Friedman adds that Girardi's contract situation could make him expendable. 

EDIT: Segment started with news that Bruins will go with what they have and see how it goes in the short term.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just as I write this, Glenn Healy adds, "Expect the Bruins to call the Rangers about Dan Girardi." Eliot Friedman adds that Girardi's contract situation could make him expendable. 

EDIT: Segment started with news that Bruins will go with what they have and see how it goes in the short term.

I can't see Girardi getting traded. maybe Del Zotto.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I can't see Girardi getting traded. maybe Del Zotto.

I know he's an ex-girlfriend & everything, but what about Mark Stuart? He & McQuaid could make things difficult for the opposition. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Everyone's so sure the B's are in the playoffs this year. I wouldnt be so assuming. Long way to go this season with key players out. Certainly doesn't look like a Cup year. Sorry Iggy.

Sections
Shortcuts