Seidenberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Seidenberg

STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE ICE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Seidenberg

I love how the NBC guys put the onus on Seguin.  Seidenberg abandons his side to chase the puck and they're talking about him trusting Seguin to cover his man.

Maybe Seidenberg should be more responsible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg:
    [QUOTE]I love how the NBC guys put the onus on Seguin.  Seidenberg abandons his side to chase the puck and they're talking about him trusting Seguin to cover his man. Maybe Seidenberg should be more responsible.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    It was Ference who should've switched off once he saw his partner step up to force the play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

What r u talking about, if seids had stayed in the middle, then it would have turned into a two on one, because Draper still had the step on Seguin. You guys are always sticking up for Seguin, like he is the crown jewel of Boston. He needs to back check and get goal side of the player. Rookie mistake. Sieds probably saw Seguin and thought he would pick Draper up. Who knows, the game and plays happen so quick. It was just a great play by the wings. Go coddle Seguin some more....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]I love how the NBC guys put the onus on Seguin.  Seidenberg abandons his side to chase the puck and they're talking about him trusting Seguin to cover his man. Maybe Seidenberg should be more responsible.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  It is no way Seguin's fault that Detroit scored on that play.  Seidenberg completely left his side of the ice to chase the puck carrier, even though Ference and the other backchecking forwards had him contained.

I honestly don't know why Bruins fans are enamored with this guy.  I've seen a lot of people write that Seidenberg is the team's 2nd best d-man.  I don't see it.  In my opinion, he is the most frustrating player to watch in the Bruins' defensive end.  He collapses way too much and fumbles with the puck far to often.  Last year was a completely different story.  He proved to be the Bruins best puck-moving defenseman before his injury.  Maybe he hasn't fully recovered and that's why he has been playing so poorly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Seguin IS to blame. He's responsible. Period. That's hockey basic. Pick up the open man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seidenberg : i dont know what ference did, but any time he can be blamed, he will be blamed i guess...not even close to his fault
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    I'm not even placing blame there.It was a bang-bang play that the Wings executed perfectly.I'm just saying that once Seidenberg crossed over,Ference should've slipped in behind him to the other side.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That's exactly what I posted on the blog . 
    Ference is up on the blueline there,  his defensive position is to be on the otherside.
    Sure Seguin didn't follow his man but if Siedenbegr would have been in position that man would be covered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seidenberg : I'm not even placing blame there.It was a bang-bang play that the Wings executed perfectly.I'm just saying that once Seidenberg crossed over,Ference should've slipped in behind him to the other side.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ference had a man on his wing.  He couldn't slip across otherwise there would have been another man free going down his wing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin IS to blame. He's responsible. Period. That's hockey basic. Pick up the open man.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Do you not want this kid to be a player that can help the Bruins become more than an also ran in a couple of years? Why so negative?  Yes maybe some of us our easy on him because we want to see him do well but he is a 1st year player who has shown flashes of the skills that could make him a star.  Again why would you be so negative about a young player with potential? He is a kid and he is going to make mistakes but he is a key to the future.  You might hope that he has the ability to help put this team over the top in the future because barring a great trade this current addition has no chance.  Evidence is the last 2 games against Detroit.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]What r u talking about, if seids had stayed in the middle, then it would have turned into a two on one, because Draper still had the step on Seguin. You guys are always sticking up for Seguin, like he is the crown jewel of Boston. He needs to back check and get goal side of the player. Rookie mistake. Sieds probably saw Seguin and thought he would pick Draper up. Who knows, the game and plays happen so quick. It was just a great play by the wings. Go coddle Seguin some more....
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

Seidenberg had no business being in the middle of the ice in the first place.  Detroit's goal was the result of his decision to challenge the puck-carrier, who was skating towards Ference's side of the ice.  Ference and the other backchecking forward had that side of the ice covered.  He should have never left his position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

chara really pylon-ed that 2 on 1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Watch the play again people.

Seguin had just come onto the ice from a line change. The Detroit player who scored was on the bench when Seidenberg made his decision. The Detroit player jumped into the play off the bench, which was two feet from the blueline.

Seidenberg and Seguin never saw him, until it was too late.

The positioning of the Detroit bench had everything to do with that goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Watch the play again people. Seguin had just come onto the ice from a line change. The Detroit player who scored was on the bench when Seidenberg made his decision. The Detroit player jumped into the play off the bench, which was two feet from the blueline. Seidenberg and Seguin never saw him, until it was too late. The positioning of the Detroit bench had everything to do with that goal.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Not doubting you but I was under the impression that Seguin did not cover as Wheeler was on the ice.  BTW Seidenberg (number #4 at best) is an intelleigent defenseman so it would explain why he would move to the middle of the ice.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seidenberg : Seidenberg had no business being in the middle of the ice in the first place.  Detroit's goal was the result of his decision to challenge the puck-carrier, who was skating towards Ference's side of the ice.  Ference and the other backchecking forward had that side of the ice covered.  He should have never left his position.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Seids wasnt in the middle, he challenged the puck carrier, leaving Seguin and Draper in the middle. If Seids had stayed in the middle it would have led to a two on one with seguin back checking. Exactly what I previously posted. And Ference was wrapped up against the boards. He was out of the play anyway. I definitely think, had Seids stayed in the middle it would have benefited the B's. Like I said earlier, the plays happen so quick and maybe Seids thought Seguin would get back in time. Seguin will make mistakes, hes a rookie. Will he get better, heck ya. I really think they will work on his skating in the offseason. His foot work, needs work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seidenberg : Exactly, Seids wasnt in the middle, he challenged the puck carrier, leaving Seguin and Draper in the middle. If Seids had stayed in the middle it would have led to a two on one with seguin back checking. Exactly what I previously posted. And Ference was wrapped up against the boards. He was out of the play anyway. I definitely think, had Seids stayed in the middle it would have benefited the B's. Like I said earlier, the plays happen so quick and maybe Seids thought Seguin would get back in time. Seguin will make mistakes, hes a rookie. Will he get better, heck ya. I really think they will work on his skating in the offseason. His foot work, needs work.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]
    As soon as the lane to the net opened up,it became a race between Seguin and Draper.........Draper won the race-it happens sometimes.It was a well executed play by the Wings.Unless you're Howie Meeker,you don't have to find fault in someone on every play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seidenberg : As soon as the lane to the net opened up,it became a race between Seguin and Draper.........Draper won the race-it happens sometimes.It was a well executed play by the Wings.Unless you're Howie Meeker,you don't have to find fault in someone on every play.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yep, correct....Im not riding Seguin, it was just a great play by Detroit and for Eaves to notice the play when Seids moved towards him.