semin on the block?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

semin on the block?

alot of injuries the past few years but a force offensively and would help keep the Bs in contention for years to come...great for the pp...not sure what kind of package it would take to get him....

Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press: The Capitals are rumored to be shopping Alex Semin around the league with the Canadiens, Predators, Maple Leafs, Flyers, Penguins and Sharks possibly interested. Jets Dman Zach Bogosian’s name has been linked to Semin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: semin on the block?

Paille + Spooner or Knight + our 3nd round draft pick in 2012

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do not expect Semin to be in a Capitals uniform at the start of the season. Some GM will give allot for an offensive talented player whom George McPhee does not like. Teams not at the cap floor yet Colorado, NYI, Nashville, Winnipeg, Ottawa and St. Louis should all be in on this.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block?:
    [QUOTE]I do not expect Semin to be in a Capitals uniform at the start of the season. Some GM will give allot for an offensive talented player whom George McPhee does not like. Teams not at the cap floor yet Colorado, NYI, Nashville, Winnipeg, Ottawa and St. Louis should all be in on this.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Toronto. This is the kind of player Brian Burke needs to keep the natives happy. He also has first round picks again at his disposal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

Let him stay there, lot's of skill, no heart or effort.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

lets pray he stays away from the bruins. Semin was built for the small market team, explosive, exciting, will sell tickets but not get you the cup.

and stanley, the caps would laugh at that package

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Semin is not what the Bruins need. His wrists get injured easily, which is why he misses a lot of games. He also has no intent on learning English, which makes you wonder how long he wants to play in the NHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

[QUOTE]Let him stay there, lot's of skill, no heart or effort.
    Posted by joebondo[/QUOTE]
    sounds like someone else the bruins traded for before he got here and proved everyone wrong

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

[QUOTE]lets pray he stays away from the bruins. Semin was built for the small market team, explosive, exciting, will sell tickets but not get you the cup. and stanley, the caps would laugh at that package
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

explosive and exciting is small market? so is ovechkin small market too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I think Ovechkin has enough drive and will to compete in the playoffs...semin doesn't compete, hes meant to sell tickets, but not compete - small market....get it now or does it need even more explanation 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : sounds like someone else the bruins traded for before he got here and proved everyone wrong
    Posted by mattjh[/QUOTE]

The Panthers and Capitals are/were FAR different teams, if Horton had been on the Caps since he was drafted, his rep may have been different. If you dont play hard for the prohibitive favories every year, you have no chance of trying hard on another team.  Semin is all flash and no physicality, no defense, he would drown in the Bruins system.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Frequently invisible and injured makes Semin a NO GO for the B's. period

What have the Caps done in playoffs during the last 3-4 years ?
    Ovie can't take all the blame and I recall that Semin was totally invisible

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think Ovechkin has enough drive and will to compete in the playoffs...semin doesn't compete, hes meant to sell tickets, but not compete - small market....get it now or does it need even more explanation 

problem dauber is that Semin isnt a marketable name.  He has been in the shadows in Washington.  I agree that if he went to a team like Winnipeg he would be a sensation.  But if he goes anywhere south-forget about it. 
    For some reason I can see the Kings wanting him.  I can see possible Brown or Richards going the other way.  The Kings want/need a pure goal scorer.

I hear what you are saying.  I don't think its gonna be a salary dump though. They need something for their 2nd line.

Not sure which one said washington has no heart.  I think that comes with playoff success.  But they added guys like Brauwer, Ward, Hammer, Halpren and resigned their heart and soul.

Washington is one tweak away in my eyes.  I do believe they gotta rid themselves of Semin.  He is the russian phil kessel

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : sounds like someone else the bruins traded for before he got here and proved everyone wrong
    Posted by mattjh[/QUOTE]

Leave kaberle out of this. Oh, wait...DOH!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I do not expect to see Semin in a Capitals uniform either, but only because, as they showed in the playoffs the last two years, that team has no balls.

[QUOTE]I do not expect Semin to be in a Capitals uniform at the start of the season. Some GM will give allot for an offensive talented player whom George McPhee does not like. Teams not at the cap floor yet Colorado, NYI, Nashville, Winnipeg, Ottawa and St. Louis should all be in on this.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

OatesCam I agree on his performance in the playoffs. He did not live up to his potential.  Caps in cap problems though as they are officially over going into the season if they dont make any moves. So if it is not Semin it will be someone else..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : explosive and exciting is small market? so is ovechkin small market too?
    Posted by mattjh[/QUOTE]

Ovechkin and semin don't belong in the same sentence :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

[QUOTE]I think Ovechkin has enough drive and will to compete in the playoffs...semin doesn't compete, hes meant to sell tickets, but not compete - small market....get it now or does it need even more explanation 

40 gs and 85 pts in 09/10 season sounds like a competitor to me...it needs more explanation guy..he isnt the one selling tickets in washington and that production would work in any market

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : 40 gs and 85 pts in 09/10 season sounds like a competitor to me...it needs more explanation guy..he isnt the one selling tickets in washington and that production would work in any market
    Posted by mattjh[/QUOTE]

oh okay. i get it. your new to hockey...just started watching in this years playoffs did you? fair enough. points don't equal a high compete level. if he is such a great competitor why would he be on the block?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : oh okay. i get it. your new to hockey...just started watching in this years playoffs did you? fair enough. points don't equal a high compete level. if he is such a great competitor why would he be on the block?
       because of the salary cap donkey thats why hes on the block...and the caps are 1.8 over it...what im saying is nobody can put up 40 without being a competitor u clown...yup just started watching when i heard the Bs made the playoffs...thanks for playing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I'm thankful (and confident) that Bruins management isn't stupid enough to bring in a guy like Semin. 

Now, with the Caps new goaltending, if they can manage to trade Semin and replace him with a 2-way, competes-in-the-playoffs type center, I think they become cup front runners.  I know they supposedly were for the last few years, but really, despite being #1 in the east a couple times, they never had much of a chance come playoff time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? :    because of the salary cap donkey thats why hes on the block...and the caps are 1.8 over it...what im saying is nobody can put up 40 without being a competitor u clown...yup just started watching when i heard the Bs made the playoffs...thanks for playing
    Posted by mattjh[/QUOTE]

You guys are using 'competitor' in different ways.  Semin disappears in the playoffs when the going gets tough, because he is not a competitor. 

As far as your cocky 'u clown' and 'thanks for playing' comments, they just make you look really bad man, because regardless of how long you have been following hockey, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Washington is almost $2million over the cap after signing Brouwer. Expect Semin to be moved by September for a bag of pucks.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : You guys are using 'competitor' in different ways.  Semin disappears in the playoffs when the going gets tough, because he is not a competitor.  As far as your cocky 'u clown' and 'thanks for playing' comments, they just make you look really bad man, because regardless of how long you have been following hockey, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]

i dont think 30 pts in 37 playoff games at plus 3  is the disappearing act its getting made out to be....2 out of 4 trips to the playoffs hes  been a ppg player...hes not physical and his team has choked in the playoffs but he'd be the best offensive player on the Bs and help the pp alot