semin on the block?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: semin on the block?

In Response to Re: semin on the block?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : BIIIIG difference between those two. Lucic was not extended following his rookie season as Marchand is looking to be. He has had ONE successful year. my guess is 2 years between 2.5-2.8 per year, which is a healthy raise and what he deserves
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

dauber,

If Marchand signs for under 3 million I will be shocked.  I agree wholeheartedly but with the rise in salary-and cap I don't see him signing under 3.  Someone said 4 million and I would tend to be somewhere in the middle of around 3million+.  His agent could draw up a very nice resume for his client.  Rookie or not he is getting paid.  The Bruins should offer 3 yrs 1st year 2.8(like you said). 2nd year (3.3). 3rd year 4 million. 
    I would then offer DK a contract similar but starting at 3.3-4-4.5. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : BIIIIG difference between those two. Lucic was not extended following his rookie season as Marchand is looking to be. He has had ONE successful year. my guess is 2 years between 2.5-2.8 per year, which is a healthy raise and what he deserves

Also,  I need what your definition of winner is.  And would you classify Hossa as a winner? 
    Semin is far from a warrior.  But remember these are rumors of trades we are hearing.  Similar to Stamkos-Parise "et al". 
    I call Semin the russian Phil Kessel.  Problem is, if Semin ever played like his skill dictates the Caps would win a cup.  I agree he has zero heart.  He is also on a team with a terrible leader.  I don't think Ovie is a great captain.  If he had Messier staring at him similar to Kovalev I think he would play to his potential. 
    I find a lot players like Jagr had a silver spoon and Mario to bail them out.  Jagr could be Jagr b/c he had Mario/Francis skating with the torch.  Put Jagr on a team minus those two leaders and he would be just like Semin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : Also,  I need what your definition of winner is.  And would you classify Hossa as a winner?  Semin is far from a warrior.  But remember these are rumors of trades we are hearing.  Similar to Stamkos-Parise "et al".  I call Semin the russian Phil Kessel.  Problem is, if Semin ever played like his skill dictates the Caps would win a cup.  I agree he has zero heart.  He is also on a team with a terrible leader.  I don't think Ovie is a great captain.  If he had Messier staring at him similar to Kovalev I think he would play to his potential.  I find a lot players like Jagr had a silver spoon and Mario to bail them out.  Jagr could be Jagr b/c he had Mario/Francis skating with the torch.  Put Jagr on a team minus those two leaders and he would be just like Semin.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

hossa plays a winning brand of hockey. he battles, he back checks, he picks up sticks . scoring or not he helps his team(s) win.

mattjh - respectfully disagree all you want. thats a fancy way of saying "i know i'm wrong but i won't admit it"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: semin on the block? : hossa plays a winning brand of hockey. he battles, he back checks, he picks up sticks . scoring or not he helps his team(s) win. mattjh - respectfully disagree all you want. thats a fancy way of saying "i know i'm wrong but i won't admit it"

nah dude just sick of reading your BS is more like it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

then answer me this...if the only reason the caps are willing to trade such a fierce competitor just because of the salary cap, why were they busy overpaying role players in the first week of free agency?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If a good team that spends money wisely trades for Semin Dauber, does that change your opinion.  I would Love to see how it would mesh with your arguments if the Red Wings dealt for him.  Speculating on why the Caps signed players in relation to what they are doing with Semin is hogwash.  These things do not happen in a vacuum.  If anyone guy had recieved 6.5 mil and then they gave Semin away on waivers with no return, you could resonably speculate the Caps thought the new player was more valuable to the team then Semin.  What you are doing now is trying to form your speculation into facts and it does not work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

We are on the outside, all of us, speculation is all we have, but everything adds up. Early playoff exit, much criticism of Semin. Everyone that watches the guy more than just the highlights knows hes soft. Washington knows they need to make changes, sure enough they go out and sign guys with high compete levels that play tough, winning styles, and then Semin goes on the block. Ya, sounds like hes an elite player. elite talent yes, elite player, no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"elite talent yes, elite player, no"

And that means allot because there are allot of elite players without Semin's talent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]We are on the outside, all of us, speculation is all we have, but everything adds up. Early playoff exit, much criticism of Semin. Everyone that watches the guy more than just the highlights knows hes soft. Washington knows they need to make changes, sure enough they go out and sign guys with high compete levels that play tough, winning styles, and then Semin goes on the block. Ya, sounds like hes an elite player. elite talent yes, elite player, no.

I guess to simplify my point.  You keep citing Washington's supposed attempts to get rid of him as the basis for your speculation that he is not respected as a big game, high character player.  If a good team like the Red Wings make a deal to grab him, does that provide a counter balance to your argument because a good team, with good scouts, did research and liked him. 

If he leaves Washington, the Capitals will be compensated He is not going to be a waiver wire pickup.  Given that criteria I would say he is earning his contract and is still a valuable player.  I am not trying to argue that he is elite.  At 6.5 million he is a clear step below the elite, but he is well worth his contract.  The only reason he would not be a good rental is the compensation it would take to pry him away from the Caps.