semin on the block?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: semin on the block?

In Response to Re: semin on the block?:
    In Response to Re: semin on the block? :    because of the salary cap donkey thats why hes on the block...and the caps are 1.8 over it...what im saying is nobody can put up 40 without being a competitor u clown...yup just started watching when i heard the Bs made the playoffs...thanks for playing
    Posted by mattjh

so they are 1.8 over, yet they've been signing guys like joel ward (and over paying for him btw) and do you know why? because they play a winning brand of hockey....they have a high compete level. 

are you saying that kovalev has an incredibly high compete level? no, hes just talented. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Interesting perspective on Semin:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/statistical-analysis-the-importance-of-alexander-semin/2011/03/03/gIQAx3Y31H_blog.html

Are you telling me you don't want Semin on the Bergeron line? Who would be better, because we're talking the likes of Peverly, Pouliot or Seguin in that 2nd line spot.

Go ahead and rent Semin for a year. What's to lose for a 1-year deal and let him walk as a UFA? The Bs have the $$, Washington can't take money back so it'll be a cheap deal for Boston, they need RW depth after the loss of Recchi and Ryder, and I don't see a better viable option. If he's a total bust, someone will still come calling at the trade deadline on this guy.

Oh, and he had the same #s as Horton last year, with 15 fewer games played. I remember people calling Horton and Ryder soft and it didn't seem to be an issue in the playoffs, did it? Different team = different standards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Interesting perspective on Semin: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/statistical-analysis-the-importance-of-alexander-semin/2011/03/03/gIQAx3Y31H_blog.html Are you telling me you don't want Semin on the Bergeron line? Who would be better, because we're talking the likes of Peverly, Pouliot or Seguin in that 2nd line spot. Go ahead and rent Semin for a year. What's to lose for a 1-year deal and let him walk as a UFA? The Bs have the $$, Washington can't take money back so it'll be a cheap deal for Boston, they need RW depth after the loss of Recchi and Ryder, and I don't see a better viable option. If he's a total bust, someone will still come calling at the trade deadline on this guy. Oh, and he had the same #s as Horton last year, with 15 fewer games played. I remember people calling Horton and Ryder soft and it didn't seem to be an issue in the playoffs, did it? Different team = different standards.
    Posted by asmaha

its a verifiable fact that he is soft though. I find it hilarious when people say "oh he scored x amount of goals he must be a tough as nails competitor" watch the game people

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Interesting perspective on Semin: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/statistical-analysis-the-importance-of-alexander-semin/2011/03/03/gIQAx3Y31H_blog.html Are you telling me you don't want Semin on the Bergeron line? Who would be better, because we're talking the likes of Peverly, Pouliot or Seguin in that 2nd line spot. Go ahead and rent Semin for a year. What's to lose for a 1-year deal and let him walk as a UFA? The Bs have the $$, Washington can't take money back so it'll be a cheap deal for Boston, they need RW depth after the loss of Recchi and Ryder, and I don't see a better viable option. If he's a total bust, someone will still come calling at the trade deadline on this guy. Oh, and he had the same #s as Horton last year, with 15 fewer games played. I remember people calling Horton and Ryder soft and it didn't seem to be an issue in the playoffs, did it? Different team = different standards.
    Posted by asmaha

Despite the talk that Semin doesn't compete on this board, he will be an extremely expensive rental.  You act as though the Caps will send him to the first team willing to accept him.  That is not the case, there will be high competition for him IF he is dealt.  The bounty, from a team like Toronto would start with Kadri/Bozak and include at least one more very valuable chip.  We would have to start with Spooner and/or Knight along with other chips in order to get him.  At that cost it better not be a one year rental.  Therefore if you trade for this guy, it is not simply because we have the cap room for 1 year.

On another note, I agree with MattHJ, you don't score like Semin does in the regular season or the playoffs like Semin does, if your not a competitor.  I'm not saying he has Bergie like intensity, but clearly the rumors of him dissapearing come playoff time are exagerated.  Players playing injured in the playoffs often get accused of being non-competitive, ala Joe Thornton, to me it is the exact opposite they look bad trying to do the best they can for the team.  Jumbo Joe did not wake up this playoff season a different man, with more drive, he merely went into the playoffs a little healthier.  I don't mind if you think Semin is to injury prone to go after, but unless you have sources inside the locker room, I will probably dismiss your questions regarding his compete level.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Who is the Bruins 2nd line RW in 2011-2012?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If the B's have an opportunity to get Semin? You have to be nuts not to inquire! The guy probably has the most lethal shot in the game right now as far as forwards go. Does he need a kick in the behind sometimes? Absolutely; but a couple of benchings by CJ would correct that. Put Semin with Bergy & get him to show what work ethic is & watch that line turn into one the most dangerous lines in the game!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If the B's have an opportunity to get Semin? You have to be nuts not to inquire! The guy probably has the most lethal shot in the game right now as far as forwards go. Does he need a kick in the behind sometimes? Absolutely; but a couple of benchings by CJ would correct that. Put Semin with Bergy & get him to show what work ethic is & watch that line turn into one the most dangerous lines in the game!!!
    Posted by nitemare-38

nite,

gotta think they would start with Marchand.  Semin could be one of the best one on one guys in the league. Problem is he is very soft and hardly ever looks like he is trying.  Washington still has needs and if Semin is dealt they must get a 2nd line capible player in return. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : nite, gotta think they would start with Marchand.  Semin could be one of the best one on one guys in the league. Problem is he is very soft and hardly ever looks like he is trying.  Washington still has needs and if Semin is dealt they must get a 2nd line capible player in return. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe if McPhee asks for Brad???? If I was PC & was told that's what it would take......The only thing McPhee would hear on the other end would be a click; followed by a dial tone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I would take semin as exactly a 1 year rental.. The Bruins have Cap space this year, getting back to the cup will be extremely difficult with the short off season..

Next year, we have a ton of UFA's/RFA's we need to reup..

Semin would be a solid addition if you look at him as purely production, hes not coming to this team as a leader, or to be the face of the franchise, if he could be had with out giving up a lot, (which he cant) I would take him, and see how he plays the year out..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : Shupe if McPhee asks for Brad???? If I was PC & was told that's what it would take......The only thing McPhee would hear on the other end would be a click; followed by a dial tone!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I know they need cap relief but Semin is a fantastic fwd. More pure skill than any of our fwd crew based of offensive instinct.  Heck I think he has better puire offensive ability than Ovie. 
    GMGM will not give Semin away.  In fact I bet they will land a top 6 fwd in return. 
    For some reason I see LA involved.  Maybe Semin/Schultz or Green for Brown and JJ. 
    They need to clear room and may ask the team wanting Semin to take Schultz or possibly Wideman as well.  And will want a top 6 fwd (think 2nd line center). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by asmaha

Asmaha, I challenged every poster who tried to make that claim of Horton. I always felt that he worked hard and played with some jam yet he was snakebit  for a large part of the season. Semin threw 27 hits last year in 65 games. Comparing him to Horton(or even Ryder) makes little sense unless speaking totally from a goalscoring perspective.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They could get Joe Juneau to play the bongos at a much cheaper cap hit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

They could get Joe Juneau to play the bongos at a much cheaper cap hit.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah Nas, that was one of the funnier "fights" I've ever seen. even Staal was laughing after it was over. Semin wearing  a pink shirt under his gear was the coup de gras.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : so they are 1.8 over, yet they've been signing guys like joel ward (and over paying for him btw) and do you know why? because they play a winning brand of hockey....they have a high compete level.  are you saying that kovalev has an incredibly high compete level? no, hes just talented. 
    Posted by thedauber1

no i didnt say anything about kovalev...if they werent in cap trouble semin wouldnt be going anywhere

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : its a verifiable fact that he is soft though. I find it hilarious when people say "oh he scored x amount of goals he must be a tough as nails competitor" watch the game people Posted by thedauber1

Who would you rather have in a game 7 Lucic or Semin ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : Who would you rather have in a game 7 Lucic or Semin ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I would take Semin.  He has game changing ability. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : no i didnt say anything about kovalev...if they werent in cap trouble semin wouldnt be going anywhere
    Posted by mattjh

wow, you really don't get it. If Semin is this godly player that they would love to keep, and the ONLY reason they are looking at moving him is the salary cap, then why did they go out on July 1st and spend 3 mill per year on Joel Ward? Why are they trading first round picks for Brouwer? Laich at 4.5 a year? Are you slowly starting to figure this out now? Semin isn't a winner 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattjh. Show mattjh's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : wow, you really don't get it. If Semin is this godly player that they would love to keep, and the ONLY reason they are looking at moving him is the salary cap, then why did they go out on July 1st and spend 3 mill per year on Joel Ward? Why are they trading first round picks for Brouwer? Laich at 4.5 a year? Are you slowly starting to figure this out now? Semin isn't a winner 
    Posted by thedauber1

ok daubs im going to have to respectfully disagree or this is never going to end...but admit it...you hate russian players

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : ok daubs im going to have to respectfully disagree or this is never going to end...but admit it...you hate russian players
    Posted by mattjh

pavel datsyuk might just be my favorite non-bruin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

IF Semin is traded, it will be because Washington needs to shed salary, to get under the cap.
    They will not be looking to take back salary, so they won't be looking for Marchand, who will probably end up being, just under a 4M cap hit.
    That leaves, prospects and/or draft picks. That means, Spooner AND Hamilton, or one of them, and draft picks.
    That's potentially, a lot too give up for an oft-injured 1-year rental, that was a no-show in this year's playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Couldn't care less where Semin went just as long as it isn't to the Bs.
    He's another regular season type guy who disappears when it matters.
    Delivers one mean happy slap though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

IF Semin is traded, it will be because Washington needs to shed salary, to get under the cap. They will not be looking to take back salary, so they won't be looking for Marchand, who will probably end up being, just under a 4M cap hit. That leaves, prospects and/or draft picks. That means, Spooner AND Hamilton, or one of them, and draft picks. That's potentially, a lot too give up for an oft-injured 1-year rental, that was a no-show in this year's playoffs.
    Posted by biggskye

4 million for marchand? are you on crack?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : 4 million for marchand? are you on crack?
    Posted by thedauber1

Nope. No crack, but thanks for your concern.
    I am just going by Lucic's 2nd contract, and the fact he has not signed a contract yet.
    I think if he were willing to sign for 3M or less, he would be signed by now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : Nope. No crack, but thanks for your concern. I am just going by Lucic's 2nd contract, and the fact he has not signed a contract yet. I think if he were willing to sign for 3M or less, he would be signed by now.
    Posted by biggskye

BIIIIG difference between those two. Lucic was not extended following his rookie season as Marchand is looking to be. He has had ONE successful year. my guess is 2 years between 2.5-2.8 per year, which is a healthy raise and what he deserves

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: semin on the block? : BIIIIG difference between those two. Lucic was not extended following his rookie season as Marchand is looking to be. He has had ONE successful year. my guess is 2 years between 2.5-2.8 per year, which is a healthy raise and what he deserves
    Posted by thedauber1

All I am saying, is that if he was willing to sign for that kind of money, I think the deal would have been done already.
    Why take a chance that someone throws out an offer sheet?

Sections
Shortcuts