Semin. Really? Glad there was a lockout.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Semin. Really? Glad there was a lockout.

7 million for this guy.  Sure glad there was another lockout and then guys like this make 7m per.  What a joke.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Semin. Really? Glad there was a lockout.

He's had a pretty good year so far with the Canes (avg. point a game), but I agree.......waaaaaaaaaaay too much money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

He's had a pretty good year so far with the Canes (avg. point a game), but I agree.......waaaaaaaaaaay too much money.

What was the lockout for?   I just dont get it.  If he worth 7.  Bergie is worth 14.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's a point per game guy and they have the cap room. 

What are the alternatives?  They could let him walk and try to find another point per game guy at at lower rate. 

I think it's a fine deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What are the alternatives?  They could let him walk and try to find another point per game guy at at lower rate. 

Of course you do.  A point per game guy. Saw it in washington as well.  Is he a franchise type player?   The canes have no more room for anything else.  Perry and getz. Yes i get that.  Semin? No one wad even looking at him.  Now he plays with staal and gets 5 yrs and 7 million with the cap coming down.  i still have no idea why there was a lockout.  Complete joke. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If hes 7 million what is kessel worth?  They are both tied for 20th in scoring.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Of course you do.  A point per game guy. Saw it in washington as well.  Is he a franchise type player?   The canes have no more room for anything else.  Perry and getz. Yes i get that.  Semin? No one wad even looking at him.  Now he plays with staal and gets 5 yrs and 7 million with the cap coming down.  i still have no idea why there was a lockout.  Complete joke. 

I can understand those points, Shupe.  Part of the game isn't getting the best deal, but getting the player.  If a team wants a point-per-game guy, they're going to have to pay for him.  They end up paying less for Semin than guys like Perry and Getzlaf because he's not the complete package. 

Supply and demand.  Every team outside of Pittsburgh needs more offense.  The Hurricanes game Semin a one year deal to prove himself.  Considering the length of the deal, he must have shown Carolina's management something. 

I haven't see much of Carolina this year because...well...who would watch that team intentionally anyway.  I have seen plenty of Semin's skill, however. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If hes 7 million what is kessel worth?  They are both tied for 20th in scoring.  

At the time of the contract, Kessel's contract was considered high.  Today, it's fair.

As for the reason for the lockout, that was about revenue sharing and reeling in the crazy GMs with their insane lifetime contracts.  A $7M contract isn't insane.  How long ago was it that Marty Lapointe got his $5M/yr deal?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS- he has never proved anything.  He is a playoff magician for his disappearing act. Hes had two brutal heartless yrs.  he has never done ANYTHING to earn that contract.  And Lapointe at least was a playoff guy with a cup to brag about.  

Semin isnt a franchise guy.  Yes he has hands and a shot.  They didnt do anything for a very solid cap team.  Hes never done anything to earn that contract.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I understand your disdain for his well documented lack of heart, but his stat sheet is pretty impressive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Apparently after Dreger reported it on Twitter most of the responses totally thought he was joking. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I understand your disdain for his well documented lack of heart, but his stat sheet is pretty impressive.

Dont go all stat sheet on me.  8 goals 22 a in 30 games with eric staal.  His last two years brutal.  Every playoff year.  Brutal.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha man you really hate Russian born players Shup, "If it's not Canadian it's cr@p!" LoL

Seriously though I could care less, he's not in the Bruin's division and the Canes stink.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Ha man you really hate Russian born players Shup, "If it's not Canadian it's cr@p!" LoL

Seriously though I could care less, he's not in the Bruin's division and the Canes stink.

No. I love ovie.  And datsyuk. Take your yankee doodle and cram it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dont go all stat sheet on me.  8 goals 22 a in 30 games with eric staal.  His last two years brutal.  Every playoff year.  Brutal.  

Offense costs.  I'm not a Semin fan.  I certainly not a Hurricanes fan.  I'm not bothered by the deal because it's of reasonable length and not a max cap contract.  If they paid an extra $1.5M/yr for him, it's understandable to me.  The Hurricanes probably can't go out and get a free agent with the same offensive talent for $5.5M in the off season.  They probably don't want to trade anything to get it.  New contracts cost.

(I hope it's an awful looking deal for years to come.  Every bad contract is good for Boston.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I think Carolina will discover that Semin's decent year, was a result of a shortened season, and his playing for a contract.

His next good season, may be in 2016/2017.

Sections
Shortcuts