Semin to the Cane's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Semin to the Cane's

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401505

1 year 7 million.....OUCH!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Semin to the Cane's

Damn. There's really no one on that team that I like.

They added Staal and now Semin but their defence is still questionable. In a weak division like the south they should have a decent shot at getting back into the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Where is Carolina getting all this money from? Must be new investors. They are fast becoming top-heavy in their forwards.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Semin to the Cane's:
    [QUOTE]Where is Carolina getting all this money from? Must be new investors. They are fast becoming top-heavy in their forwards.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Even with this signing, they're only spending 3M over the cap floor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Semin to the Cane's : Even with this signing, they're only spending 3M over the cap floor.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

LOL!. You are right. Having a $70 million cap ceiling does change things that would have been incomprehensible just a few years ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

just goes to show, if you have the talent, there will always be a job for you.

So much for that lucrative KHL offer huh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Damn, SE is starting to look more balanced across at least 4 of the 5 teams. Not good news for Winnipeggers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Semin to the Cane's:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Semin to the Cane's : Even with this signing, they're only spending 3M over the cap floor.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Yah just looked at CapGeek so it's right near where Rutherford usually spends at about $7M above the cap floor. Right on pace once they get a 7th Dman and maybe some more help on the grinder lines.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Alex meet Jordan, Jordan meet Alex.
    Alex meet Eric, Eric meet Alex.
    Alex meet work ethic, wor-  .... where'd Alex go?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Alex meet Jordan, Jordan meet Alex. Alex meet Eric, Eric meet Alex. Alex meet work ethic, wor-  .... where'd Alex go?
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Went to the bar for a shot of vodka and a cigar lit with hundred dollar bills.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Wow. Canes are going to be good.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

That is a ridiculous price to pay even if it is one year. I just get aggravated with some of the latest contract signings. Just makes me want more of these teams to fail and miss the playoffs. Its starting to turn into european soccer with the contracts being dished out....speaking on the financial side of things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]That is a ridiculous price to pay even if it is one year. I just get aggravated with some of the latest contract signings. Just makes me want more of these teams to fail and miss the playoffs. Its starting to turn into european soccer with the contracts being dished out....speaking on the financial side of things.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

It's one year from a team that's not even close to the cap limit. What's the big deal? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

I was thinking what do the cains have to lose with this? Maybe getting semin on a one year deal will have him playing motivated for the next contract but then I thought it didn't work that way this year for him so who knows?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Semin to the Cane's : It's one year from a team that's not even close to the cap limit. What's the big deal? 
    Its not a big deal. Its just ridiculous. Semin doesnt deserve it, because the organization low balls all the other team mates and Semin lucks out and gets a contract he doesnt deserve. Whatever. Cap floor is as much as a joke as the rest of the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

pretty good deal for the Canes. They'll actually have some legit goal scoring. 

Once again, it's pretty brutal that Semin is resigned to keep signing one year deals in the NHL. The guy just needs to show a little bit of consistency and he could be getting paid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Overpaid as far as I'm concerned. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Overpaid as far as I'm concerned. 
    Posted by amazinglarry[/QUOTE]

Artificial by Necessity.....WELL PUT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Semin is like the proverbial hard-throwing lefty reliever
    Some sucker will always overpay.

Alex Semin makes as much as Zdeno Chara and 2 million more than Bergeron. Is this a great universe or what?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Alex meet Jordan, Jordan meet Alex. Alex meet Eric, Eric meet Alex. Alex meet work ethic, wor-  .... where'd Alex go?

Well done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

7 million? Is Scott Boras now representing NHL players? Who the heck were the Canes in the running against for his services that got the amount this high?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Toronto Sun: Friday, July 06, 2012 06:46 PM EDT

EYEING SEMIN, SORT OF:

The Carolina Hurricanes would consider offering a deal to enigmatic free-agent winger Alexander Semin -- but it would be a short contract.

"We would look at Semin on a short-term basis," Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford told the News and Observer. "We wouldn't want to get locked in to anything because we've all heard the stories about him. We do like his skill level. It could be that we could bring him in for a year, get to know him and go from there in terms of considering something longer-term."

Rutherford got the "short-term basis" portion he mentioned and he will get to know him and those stories he's heard but to the tune of $7 million?  It's good to be Alex Semin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The price is too high. It's a clear cut case of artificial in-semin-ation.

Bah dah bum. I'll be here all week folks. Please...try the veal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]The price is too high. It's a clear cut case of artificial in-semin-ation. Bah dah bum. I'll be here all week folks. Please...try the veal.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Ha! Nice one.