Re: Senators sign Cowan to Eight Year Deal

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[QUOTE]

NAS - not signed.  Senators put this on the table; Cowen has not accepted.  Maybe he thinks the term is insane?

Are you not entertained?!?!

Book, I was surprised when I heard the offer because I think Cowen would've been silly to accept it. That would be a great deal for the Sens. If they think he's worth the money for the first 5 years (22-27) then he'd be considered a steal in the last 3 years (28-30) of the deal. I see his game as being similar to McQuaid's but that he's a step above him in all aspects.

[/QUOTE]

Very good comparison.  I agree.  

[/QUOTE]

Cowen is big, strong and fearless. I really like his game. If you'd asked me before this thread how many points he had I would've told you the truth. I had absolutely no idea. You could've told me he had anywhere fom 5 to 50 and I still would've said he was good because he is.

[/QUOTE]

I would have told you the same thing dez.   Hes a fine young player who is gonna be a good one.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think cowen will be worth more then 3.5m per.  His ice time will increase this year.  He can play in all situations and is 22.  

8 yrs of 7m is gonna be hard to watch.  8 yrs of 20 plus minutes at 3.5 m much more easy to swallow. 

Huh and here I thought goalies could play in all situations...

Thanks Shup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I look at Larson in NJ and think that to date Cowen has been the better of the 2.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think cowen will be worth more then 3.5m per.  His ice time will increase this year.  He can play in all situations and is 22.  

8 yrs of 7m is gonna be hard to watch.  8 yrs of 20 plus minutes at 3.5 m much more easy to swallow. 

Huh and here I thought goalies could play in all situations...

Thanks Shup!

No problem San,