Sens Acquire Bobby Ryan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Sens Acquire Bobby Ryan?

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:

If PC can grab Iggy, the B's are a better team than the one that just went tot the SCF's.

The same slow looking iggy.  I would love him for the record but he looked slower.  Chicago beat us with speed.  I want iggy. No part of ryder.  Put mason raymond on that 3rd line and we are cooking.  

Agree shupe I don't want Ryder either but I'm surprised to hear you have turned on your boy Iggy.  IMO he's an upgrade over Horton and Jagr so I'll take him for the right deal.

[/QUOTE]

I would love him.  But he looked slow when things got fast.  The right deal is likely 2-3 yrs.  Probably 5 million.  Rask wont allow for many upgrades.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If PC can grab Iggy, the B's are a better team than the one that just went tot the SCF's.

The same slow looking iggy.    I want iggy. No part of ryder.    

Agree shupe I don't want Ryder either but I'm surprised to hear you have turned on your boy Iggy.  IMO he's an upgrade over Horton and Jagr so I'll take him for the right deal.[/QUOTE]

I would love him.  But he looked slow when things got fast.  The right deal is likely 2-3 yrs.  Probably 5 million.  Rask wont allow for many upgrades.  [/QUOTE]

I thought the Bruins were too slow ?

How could the speed of the ECF be too fast for Iginla ?

Tuukka and Iggy would make for some great local commercials.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]  

The same slow looking iggy.    I want iggy. No part of ryder.    

Agree shupe I don't want Ryder either but I'm surprised to hear you have turned on your boy Iggy.  IMO he's an upgrade over Horton and Jagr so I'll take him for the right deal.[/QUOTE]

I would love him.  But he looked slow when things got fast.  The right deal is likely 2-3 yrs.  Probably 5 million.  Rask wont allow for many upgrades.  [/QUOTE]

I thought the Bruins were too slow ?

How could the speed of the ECF be too fast for Iginla ?

Tuukka and Iggy would make for some great local commercials.

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Iggy looked fresh as a daisy and was a big pickup for the pens.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hope PC was in on this.  Seems like they could have put together a comparable deal.

what the bruins probably lacked was the young, 22 year old NHL ready forward the sens sent the other way. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Silverberg was one of the Sens best players on most nights. Deal seems fair. 

[/QUOTE]

Seems a little aggressive, dez.  JS had 10 goals in 48gp.  Paille had the same. 

In the Sens games I watched, Zibanejad jumped out from their young guys. 

[/QUOTE]

I watch a lot of Sens games Crowls and came away impressed with Silverberg on most nights. I will be surprised of he doesn't score 25+ next year for the Ducks. He's got decent size and a smooth stride along with a quick release. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Way to go PC...who needs scoring when we can just muck it up along the boards to stick to "Bruins style" hockey

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

I would like to know if PC tried to get Ryan for Seguin. I know it's moot now and maybe the cap numbers just didn't add up, but I feel like boston could have put together a better package than Ottawa did, and the return might be better than what they got from Dallas 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Way to go PC...who needs scoring when we can just muck it up along the boards to stick to "Bruins style" hockey

Yeah, it's barely ever successful...........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to burythehabs' comment:

I would like to know if PC tried to get Ryan for Seguin. I know it's moot now and maybe the cap numbers just didn't add up, but I feel like boston could have put together a better package than Ottawa did, and the return might be better than what they got from Dallas 

Eriksson is way better than Bobby Ryan. He outscored him and also plays world class defensively. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin makes too much.  Bruins wanted to deal off money.  They got back a decent top 6 on a cheaper cap hit.  

ducks trying to lower cap.  as much as i like ryan going to ottawa i like what the ducks got in return.   Also have hillier they can dangle.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Eriksson is way better than Bobby Ryan. He outscored him and also plays world class defensively. 

[/QUOTE]

Way better is a stretch dez.   Different players.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I stated, he's world class defensively and he outscores Ryan consistently. What other guages should we use? Neither of them hit enough for that to be a factor. They're in the same division this year so we can decide after seeing them head to head for much of the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Your good points are appreciated, thanks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Your good points are appreciated, thanks

Just opinions in the end. Yours is always welcomed as well. Cheers!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, it's barely ever successful...........

[/QUOTE]

You have to score more than the other team to win. You truly aren't going to deny that the Bs offense is worse today than it was prior to offseason are you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I stated, he's world class defensively and he outscores Ryan consistently. What other guages should we use? Neither of them hit enough for that to be a factor. They're in the same division this year so we can decide after seeing them head to head for much of the season.

[/QUOTE]

not trying to argue but one gets about 20 hits a year to the other 150.  I can use the hits as major advantage with ryans power fwd gm.  World class defensive players usually arent a minus for half their yrs either.  Bobby ryan has never been a minus.   

again, different players but hes not way better then bobby ryan.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not trying to argue but one gets about 20 hits a year to the other 150.  I can use the hits as major advantage with ryans power fwd gm.  World class defensive players usually arent a minus for half their yrs either.  Bobby ryan has never been a minus.   

again, different players but hes not way better then bobby ryan.  

[/QUOTE]

Hang your hat on +/- if you'd like. Eriksson is world class and most of the hockey world knows it. The rest of them use +/- to decide. Like I said, we shall see when they play each other head to head. 6 times this year. Then it will be much, much clearer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The right deal is likely 2-3 yrs.  Probably 5 million.  Rask wont allow for many upgrades. 

Bruins have $12M with Savards LTIR to spend. That is with Svedberg's money already figured in. Plenty of money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

KPD was tweeting that "comparable" to land Ryan would have been Marchand, Boychuk & a 1st. 

KPD has a new whipping boy...Marchand.

I wouldn't do Marchand for Ryan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

lisa dillman @reallisa 5m

Boston was not in on Bobby Ryan, just going after Alfredsson first, and then Jarome when DA went to Detroit.

Thought this was interesting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

KPD was tweeting that "comparable" to land Ryan would have been Marchand, Boychuk & a 1st. 

KPD has a new whipping boy...Marchand.

I wouldn't do Marchand for Ryan.

Me neither Crowls. Marchand will be one of the league's best bargains for the rest of his contract.