Sens & Habs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Sens & Habs

Wow that wad awesome.  It was like ok we took your cr ap in the media from you, we let white cross check the heck outta us.  Well guess what.  We are up 4-1.  You are getting it.  Cowan has just entered my new favorites joining the likes of Neil.  Whoever doesnt want this guy.   I love him the more i watch him.  He makes a difference every game.  

Greatest thing ive seen in a while.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

My issue with Gallagher is more one of personal disappointment.  I developed such a grudging respect for him this year, as he was such a pain in the neck against the Bruins.  All over the place and I really like his game.  I hated the move last night by both he and Subban of seemingly ducking confrontations all night (rightfully) only to jump the two smallest players on the Sens, out of the blue, during a meaningless 3rd period.  I'm fine with fighting out of frustration, but it just seemed like they wanted to get kicked out of the game for fighting without taking any risk of getting punched.  Subban continuing to wail away while Turris was on his back with both linesmen in there was very low class.

Subban and Gallagher both need to be better than that given their overall talent and importance to their team. The antics they displayed last night need to be beneath them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

My issue with Gallagher is more one of personal disappointment.  I developed such a grudging respect for him this year, as he was such a pain in the neck against the Bruins.  All over the place and I really like his game.  I hated the move last night by both he and Subban of seemingly ducking confrontations all night (rightfully) only to jump the two smallest players on the Sens, out of the blue, during a meaningless 3rd period.  I'm fine with fighting out of frustration, but it just seemed like they wanted to get kicked out of the game for fighting without taking any risk of getting punched.  Subban continuing to wail away while Turris was on his back with both linesmen in there was very low class.

Subban and Gallagher both need to be better than that given their overall talent and importance to their team. The antics they displayed last night need to be beneath them.

Gallagher i have hope for.  Pk is a tool.  he wont change.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I'd disagree with that. PK's changed his game quite a bit this year alone. PK received both deserved and undeserved criticism when he came into the league; his tendency to play an individualized game was by far the biggest part of the deserved criticism he received. But that's been much rarer this year than in the 2 previous ones. He reverted back to it last night in a big way, but I don't think that necessarily mean he can't change; I think he's already displayed that he does have that ability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Good stuff Kennedy. Theyre a good young team, they certainly have the foundation to be good for the coming years, but right now so much depends on Price. It looks like in this series, if he's not stellar, they will struggle to win.

He will have to be at least as good as Anderson. If he isn't, they lose. And that's been the way games 1-3 have gone (although I think given the play of the entire team last night, he'd have had to approach Tim Thomas 2011 levels to give them any hope whatsoever).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'd disagree with that. PK's changed his game quite a bit this year alone. PK received both deserved and undeserved criticism when he came into the league; his tendency to play an individualized game was by far the biggest part of the deserved criticism he received. But that's been much rarer this year than in the 2 previous ones. He reverted back to it last night in a big way, but I don't think that necessarily mean he can't change; I think he's already displayed that he does have that ability.

No, no he hasnt.  Hes a tool.  He will always be a tool.  He wont change as this has been his makeup his entire life.  Your tiny small sample doesnt out weigh his entire life.  I have seen nothing to indicate anything different.  Even the best a$$holes have off days.  Pk time and time again is a tool.  You can give me one example for my 99 outta a 100.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Your tiny small sample doesnt out weigh his entire life.  

I agree, he is a tool on the ice. But dont pretend you know his life dude, I mean, come on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hockey life.  I could care less about his social life.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I also loved in the 1st min of the gm when Subban went for the big hit and Condra saw it coming and avoided it then clipped him in the face. Probably should've been a penalty but I still loved it.

We had literally just turned on the game and that was the first thing we saw! I had a feeling then that it was going to be an exciting game. I agree about the Sens. Obviously I want the Bruins to go all the way..but if they don't the Senators are going to be my second choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No reviews from last night.  Two repeat offenders delivered elbows to conacher and not even a review.  League is a joke. I hope Neil destroys these two next game.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

No, no he hasnt.  Hes a tool.  He will always be a tool.  He wont change as this has been his makeup his entire life.  Your tiny small sample doesnt out weigh his entire life.  I have seen nothing to indicate anything different.  Even the best a$$holes have off days.  Pk time and time again is a tool.  You can give me one example for my 99 outta a 100.  

I'm curious as to how someone can dislike a player so much, yet spend as much as time watching him ("his whole hockey life") as you claim to do.

Be honest: just say you don't like the guy and that won't ever change (A-OK with me--I said my piece; I'm not gonna try to convince you that you should like or respect him) without trying to come off like some expert who not only claims to consistently watch Subban's current Habs games this year, but also would have us believe you have been watching him since Belleville even before he was drafted. While I can't say for sure, I'd be willing to bet you're not spending your time watching OHL games (as there are about 7 people here who do actually watch or know much about junior hockey, and that became painfully obvious during the OMG RIENDEAU!!!!!! discussions).

And no, viewing highlights and looking at clips on YouTube isn't "watching a player".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

No reviews from last night.  Two repeat offenders delivered elbows to conacher and not even a review.  League is a joke. I hope Neil destroys these two next game.  

Shupe - There were several elbows directed at the head that should have resulted in suspensions, but the league continues to bend over to the Habs. So much for the rules. Wonder how many games a Bruin, or anyone else would have gotten for a couple of those incidents. I hope Neil and Kassian pound a few Habs into the ice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Shupe - There were several elbows directed at the head that should have resulted in suspensions, but the league continues to bend over to the Habs. So much for the rules. Wonder how many games a Bruin, or anyone else would have gotten for a couple of those incidents. I hope Neil and Kassian pound a few Habs into the ice.

Wait and see what the Leafs will get away with in the rest of the series

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[/QUOTE]
    Agree 100%. Once an a-h always an A-h. His ego is too big to be a team first guy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

By far, the most entertaining series in the first round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you sound like a Canucks fan everytime you say these things right? I agree with those that are saying how confusing it must be for a player. AF & the B's must be scratching their heads about Bourque not getting at least a phone call. The Gallagher non call I always thought it was an automatic 1 game for getting an instigator within 2 mins left in the 3rd, but he was saved because 1). he never rec'd an instigator. 2) there was 2:02 left in the 3rd, he wasn't at the 2 min mark. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

nite, I think it's the last 5 minutes, and didn't I hear that they had an instigator on the board for him and they took it down (which makes it look like they realized they would be handing him a one game suspension and changed their minds)?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

The Habs will always get away with murder in the NHL. I don't get how half those guys last night don't get a phone call and Bourque omg if he doesn't get suspended it's time for a new Sheriff to take over the reins. I don't understand how this game got this out of control. The refs should be fired or replaced. Just ridiculous if you ask me. I would put my life savings if those were Bruin's players that did all that stuff suspendtions would be on half our players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm curious as to how someone can dislike a player so much, yet spend as much as time watching him ("his whole hockey life") as you claim to do.

Be honest: just say you don't like the guy and that won't ever change (A-OK with me--I said my piece; I'm not gonna try to convince you that you should like or respect him) without trying to come off like some expert who not only claims to consistently watch Subban's current Habs games this year, but also would have us believe you have been watching him since Belleville even before he was drafted. While I can't say for sure, I'd be willing to bet you're not spending your time watching OHL games (as there are about 7 people here who do actually watch or know much about junior hockey, and that became painfully obvious during the OMG RIENDEAU!!!!!! discussions).

And no, viewing highlights and looking at clips on YouTube isn't "watching a player".

Do you come here often?  You realize how much props i give this guy.   I have seen enough of him including some of his junior hockey.  I watch a pile of quebec major junior.  I watch a pile of minor hockey from timbits to midget.  Point is i watch a lot of hockey.  

If you think he had a small relapse you are kidding yourself.  You believe what you want. Im not trying to convince you.  i will go by what nhl players, coaches and heck his own team mates say about him.  

i was hard as heck on marchand.  Luckily hes surrounded by strong leaders.  pk has not had this. The closest pk subban had was gill.  And hes not there anymore.  

i would love to chalk it up to immaturity but he isnt a kid or a rookie.  i havent seen this great transformation you speak of this year.  I see the exact same thing since he played junior and beyond.   Last night was his cherry on top moment.  

im not claiming to be an expert, are you?   Going one or two games doesnt mean hes changed his ways.   Hes a tool.  a highly skilled tool.  if i were a hab fan id be disappointed in those actions.   Hes gutless, dirty, dives and acts like a fool.  He has not changed.  

Back to youtube clips i go.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is a pretty unwelcome response, Kennedy.  Defending a player based on merit is fine.  Being a fan of the hated opposition and attacking one of the most well liked posters here for expressing a well-educated opinion on that player is not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

By far, the most entertaining series in the first round.

I guess -- if lack of respect for the game is what you are looking for. Grab a cup of coffee, stay up late and check out the Sharks/Nucks or better yet Blues/Kings series. Insane hockey. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Much less shananigans in game 4 tonight. So far, Habs have control.....just under 5 mins. left in the 2nd, Habs up 2-0.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Much less shananigans in game 4 tonight. So far, Habs have control.....just under 5 mins. left in the 2nd, Habs up 2-0.

Habs tried to sit on a 2-0 lead going into the third... and lost 2-3 in OT. Priceless.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Literally, Price-less. He got hurt at the end of regulation and Budaj had to play OT.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Only one powerplay for the Habs tonight.  The refs obviously wanted them to lose.

Sections
Shortcuts