Sens GM Murray Diagnosed with Cancer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sens GM Murray Diagnosed with Cancer

As per TSN:

The Ottawa Senators announced on Monday that Bryan Murray was recently diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement, the club said that its president of hockey operations and general manager will begin treatment for the condition immediately.

"Mr. Murray's treatment schedule may require him to be away from the Senators office periodically," read the statement.

"During his periodic absence, assistant general managers Pierre Dorion and Randy Lee will be responsible for managing the Ottawa Senators hockey operations department."

Murray, 71, became the seventh general manager of the Senators in June of 2007. He had been head coach of the team since 2004 and guided the Senators to their lone appearance in the Stanley Cup Final during the 2006-07 season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Sens GM Murray Diagnosed with Cancer

71.  Hard to believe.  Makes a guy feel old to think back to some of his earlier incarnations - I still think of him as the head coach in Washington - the first guy to take them to the playoffs, the first guy to win a playoff round, and the guy who brought in Scott Stevens, Mike Gartner, Bengt Gustafsson, Dave Christine, Bobby Carpenter, and later guys like Kevin Hatcher, Michal Pivonka, and Calle Johanssen.  He always seemed to get a lot out of the offensive prowess of his defense.  And if you look at what that did for his career - GM of three recent expansion franchises, took two of them to the Finals.

Probably under-rated in terms of his career.  Hope he pulls through for his sake.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It's a shame to hear this but we all know that cancer plays no favourites. I hope for the best and wish him a full recovery.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

71.  Hard to believe.  Makes a guy feel old to think back to some of his earlier incarnations - I still think of him as the head coach in Washington - the first guy to take them to the playoffs, the first guy to win a playoff round, and the guy who brought in Scott Stevens, Mike Gartner, Bengt Gustafsson, Dave Christine, Bobby Carpenter, and later guys like Kevin Hatcher, Michal Pivonka, and Calle Johanssen.  He always seemed to get a lot out of the offensive prowess of his defense.  And if you look at what that did for his career - GM of three recent expansion franchises, took two of them to the Finals.

Probably under-rated in terms of his career.  Hope he pulls through for his sake.

[/QUOTE]

Dave Christine? lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep.  Dave Christine.  Great player....

I love that old Stephen King novel, Christian, by the way.  That one with the car?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The best of luck to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bummer! Cancer has ravaged my Dad's side of the family.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bummer! Cancer has ravaged my Dad's side of the family.

[/QUOTE]

My mothers side in my case....

I really had a soft spot for those 80's Washington teams. As Book listed, some really good players, and, of course, the John Druce phenomenon. What was no to love?

Good luck Bryan....you have my respect!

Sections
Shortcuts