Sens' Owner Blasts Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Sens' Owner Blasts Cooke

Grapes chimed in.  And no one dislikes cooke more then he does.   

I just feel bad for Karlsson.  Absolute joy to watch how he plays.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Grapes chimed in.  And no one dislikes cooke more then he does.   

I just feel bad for Karlsson.  Absolute joy to watch how he plays.  

Didn't he say no one intends to do something like that? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rich,

yeah he did.  Something like no human would attempt to do that and that it was a freak accident. He was more ticked they didnt wear more tape. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Grapes said it was accidental and I agree.  Melnyk ran his mouth out of frustration which is understandable but he should have known better. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

hang

agree completely.  If i lost my best player id be ticked as well.  alfie will be on the block.  And yes id love to grab him.   Ottawa Boston have familiarity in trading as well.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Gotta believe the Sens will be sellers pretty soon shupe given their injury situation.  He would be great on the PP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Gotta believe the Sens will be sellers pretty soon shupe given their injury situation.  He would be great on the PP.

He would be our mark recchi.  And yes great for the pp and mix in with pev and kelly.  I can see pitt and nyr all over him.   Id love Neil as well.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

You would think that the only way the Sens would trade Alfie is if he asked...similar to the Bourque situation (Ray, not Chris!)...no?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You would think that the only way the Sens would trade Alfie is if he asked...similar to the Bourque situation (Ray, not Chris!)...no?

im assuming he has no trade in his deal.  I dont think it would be like that.  Im assuming it would be " alfie, we have no interest in moving you, if you would like to play for a contender tell us who and we will do everything we can for you".  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He doesn't have a NTC according to capgeek but you're right, that's how it would probably go down...I'm not sure I see that happening though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He doesn't have a NTC according to capgeek but you're right, that's how it would probably go down...I'm not sure I see that happening though

They could get a very nice piece for alfie.  Im not sure i see alfie going though.  He seems like a guy that will retire a sen.  With the shortened season he could come back.  Especially with the olympics.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Shupe how about Mathieu Darche?  Can he still play?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe how about Mathieu Darche?  Can he still play?

Whats his deal anyway?   Did he get released?   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

UFA kinda doing the Pandolfo thing with Devils

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hes bigger then i thought.  Id like a bit more then him for the 3rd line.  

Can i mention again how much i cant stand glenn healey.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hes bigger then i thought.  Id like a bit more then him for the 3rd line.  

Can i mention again how much i cant stand glenn healey.   

Yes you can, with heavy emphasis on the CAN'T STAND.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The NHL network & Aaron Ward showed five different players in 5 different games doing the EXACT SAME THING COOKE did with a leg lift all on the same night. Cooke was a d - bag & deserved to be hung! He's changed his attitude & his game since his last supspension. I don't think this one had any intent. Ward proved it & Pang agreed. I think this was nothing more than an accident. Kind of like how a lot of us said Chara did nothing wrong on the concussed movie goer Patches. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

If any other Penguin forward does it I doubt this play gets talked about as being a dirty play. Cooke will be watched closely and questioned on every thing he does until the day he hangs them up because of his past stupidity.

I agree that if it were Malkin, there wouldn't be a question.  The thing to think about is whether Malkin would ever do something like this.  Guilty people end up in compromising situations.  Let me try to explain.

It hasn't happened before (that I know of) and there is a reason for that. 

I'm not going to say he did or didn't mean to do it.  I can understand some saying that he's reformed it's a freak incident and that there is no way he could have meant it.  I can also understand others saying that the devil is the devil even when he's acting like an angel, and while it couldn't have been pre-meditated, he knew full well where his skate was and where Karlsson's foot was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

If any other Penguin forward does it I doubt this play gets talked about as being a dirty play. Cooke will be watched closely and questioned on every thing he does until the day he hangs them up because of his past stupidity.

I agree that if it were Malkin, there wouldn't be a question.  The thing to think about is whether Malkin would ever do something like this.  Guilty people end up in compromising situations.  Let me try to explain.

I'm not going to say he did or didn't mean to do it.  I can understand some saying that he's reformed it's a freak incident and that there is no way he could have meant it.  I can also understand others saying that the devil is the devil even when he's acting like an angel, and while it couldn't have been pre-meditated, he knew full well where his skate was and where Karlsson's foot was.

This may be true, but if Cooke without looking can step down directly between Karlsson's heel and the back of his skate all the while jostling with him going into the boards then he must have unbelievable awareness and would likely have practiced doing it. If he was going into the boards with the express sole intent of gashing the back of Karlsson's leg then i guess i could agree with that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

This may be true, but if Cooke without looking can step down directly between Karlsson's heel and the back of his skate all the while jostling with him going into the boards then he must have unbelievable awareness and would likely have practiced doing it. If he was going into the boards with the express sole intent of gashing the back of Karlsson's leg then i guess i could agree with that.

Is it possible that he was trying to stomp on Karlsson's foot and this was the result?  I'm not suggesting he thought, "Nice, I'm going to sever his Achilles!" 

That being the result is sort of like killing someone when the intent was to maim.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Is it possible that he was trying to stomp on Karlsson's foot and this was the result?  I'm not suggesting he thought, "Nice, I'm going to sever his Achilles!" 

That being the result is sort of like killing someone when the intent was to maim.

For sure its possible and i guess thats where the two sides of the incident come into play, i just don't think Cooke intentionally did it but i can understand the people that do. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Grapes said it was accidental and I agree.  Melnyk ran his mouth out of frustration which is understandable but he should have known better. 

Agreed, the notion that he did this intentionally is silly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It kinda reminds of the McSorely thing, except that was so black and white.  Sometimes when guys are angry they do crazy things without even choosing or realizing it.  McSorely looked shocked at what he had done.  He went to chop Brashear with his stick and at the last minute he sent the chop head high instead of across the body.  A mental slip more than a premediatated attack to the head.

I wonder if Cooke did something similar.  That is, he looked like he was intentionally lifting his leg (which is odd), possibly in an attempt to kick out Karlsson's foot.  At the last minute he might have just had a lapse of reason and just stomped down instead.

Hard for me to believe the whole thing was intentional.  

Also hard for me to believe it was purely an accident.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

It kinda reminds of the McSorely thing, except that was so black and white.  Sometimes when guys are angry they do crazy things without even choosing or realizing it.  McSorely looked shocked at what he had done.  He went to chop Brashear with his stick and at the last minute he sent the chop head high instead of across the body.  A mental slip more than a premediatated attack to the head.

I wonder if Cooke did something similar.  That is, he looked like he was intentionally lifting his leg (which is odd), possibly in an attempt to kick out Karlsson's foot.  At the last minute he might have just had a lapse of reason and just stomped down instead.

Hard for me to believe the whole thing was intentional.  

Also hard for me to believe it was purely an accident.

Everyone knows Marty meant to hit Brashear in the shoulder with his stick and missed, c'mon Fletch ! ;p

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:I agree that if it were Malkin, there wouldn't be a question.  The thing to think about is whether Malkin would ever do something like this.  Guilty people end up in compromising situations.  Let me try to explain.

This may be true, but if Cooke without looking can step down directly between Karlsson's heel and the back of his skate all the while jostling with him going into the boards then he must have unbelievable awareness and would likely have practiced doing it. If he was going into the boards with the express sole intent of gashing the back of Karlsson's leg then i guess i could agree with that. [/QUOTE]

I don't think Ndamukong Suh pre-meditates he idiocy nor practices it. I also don't think Matt Cooke sits in the locker room nor the Pens practice facility thinking about it but his in-human nature takes over. It makes no difference if it was pre-meditated or not.