Sens' Owner Blasts Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Sens' Owner Blasts Cooke

I'd like to believe the incident was an accident.  Thing is I think anything that borders on questionable or suspicious Cooke's involved in will be scrutinized through the lens of his past.  Situations like this will make folks think he's reverted to type.  He'd probably have to win a Lady Byng like another former dirty player Stan Mikita did back in '67 and '68 for the word on him to be different - and that's not gonna happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I hate Cooke as much as anyone, but Melnyks comment sounds more like that of a hysterical, misinformed,  bi-polar adolescent than a hockey professional.

That kinda stuff makes me puke.  He's in the pro hockey business, had the benefit of replay, and the time to collect his thoughts, yet he still chose to come off as someone who hasn't a clue about his business.

There is absolutely zero evidence that there was any intent.  Before they go into the boards, it appears Cookes balance is altered, thus the leg movement.

When a player has committed as many flagrant, disgusting offences as Cooke, it's utterly simple to try and harpoon him on something this weak.  When he actually shows his former behavior...go for it.   This idiocy makes him look like the victim.

The Hab communities reaction to the Chara thing was tabloid.  Melnyks is at least 10 times stupider. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I'm sure someone who increased a company he founded by the billions is bi-polar. Nobody in Ottawa called 911 or issued an arrest warrant. Weak sauce!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/erik-karlsson-blames-matt-cooke-injury-not-really-161103118--nhl.html

Courtesy of Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, Karlsson said of Cooke:

"He knows exactly what he is doing out there. That is why I am sitting here with leg in cast." "I dont think he did it on purpose. He meant to hit me hard and knock me out.

"I still think it was a situation that could have been prevented." [On Cookes text message to Karlsson] He has been after me before." At least he reached out which I didnt expect. We're going to leave it at that."

Karlsson added that he didn't believe this would have occurred had it been another player other than Cooke hitting him.

One more, via Ian Mendes:

"I don't think his intention was to cut me with his skate. I refuse to believe that anyone would do that."

Cooke, who did not receive any supplemental discipline, reached out to Karlsson via text message. "He has been after me before," said Karlsson. "At least he reached out, which I didn't expect. We're going to leave it at that."

Didn't realize the Yard Ape could text...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/erik-karlsson-blames-matt-cooke-injury-not-really-161103118--nhl.html

"He knows exactly what he is doing out there. That is why I am sitting here with leg in cast." "I dont think he did it on purpose. He meant to hit me hard and knock me out.

"I still think it was a situation that could have been prevented." [On Cookes text message to Karlsson] He has been after me before." At least he reached out which I didnt expect. We're going to leave it at that."

Karlsson added that he didn't believe this would have occurred had it been another player other than Cooke hitting him.

"I don't think his intention was to cut me with his skate. I refuse to believe that anyone would do that."

Cooke, who did not receive any supplemental discipline, reached out to Karlsson via text message. "He has been after me before," said Karlsson. "At least he reached out, which I didn't expect. We're going to leave it at that."

San, he probably had Siri do it for him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

San, he probably had Siri do it for him [/QUOTE]

LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

LoL!

[/QUOTE]

It probably went like this.....Cooke gives instructions into his phone.. " Siri..tell Erik Karlsson , I didn't intend to hurt you ". Siri replies back.. F@ck you , ..everyone knows your a $cumbag !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

LoL!

It probably went like this.....Cooke gives instructions into his phone.. " Siri..tell Erik Karlsson , I didn't intend to hurt you ". Siri replies back.. F@ck you , ..everyone knows your a $cumbag !

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! I don't care who you are...that's funny right there!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Bit of a mixed message from Karlsson, eh San?  When he said Cooke "knew what he was doing," was he referring to the general style of play from Cooke or that specific incident?  He also thought this wouldn't have happened if it were some other player hitting him.  In the other end of it Karlsson said he didn't think Cooke's intention was to cut him?  He's holding Cooke responsible but not entirely?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Bit of a mixed message from Karlsson, eh San?  When he said Cooke "knew what he was doing," was he referring to the general style of play from Cooke or that specific incident?  He also thought this wouldn't have happened if it were some other player hitting him.  In the other end of it Karlsson said he didn't think Cooke's intention was to cut him?  He's holding Cooke responsible but not entirely?

I remember when the email of Colin Campbell basically admonishing the referee for calling a penalty on son Greg but not the "little faker" came out. Everyone that had or has, in some way or another, an NHL stamped on there paychecks defended Colin. Not a peep from the players..

I believe players from the big four sports are constently being drilled by clubs PR staff to "tow the company line". I think what you saw was Karlsson about to really speak his mind but he caught himself.

Stern making sure everyone comes to the game with a dress code. Goodell putting the hammer down on Rothlisberger etc. It's all about how the masses or public percieve the leagues so that advertisement dollars keep rushing through and into the coffers.

I'll bet you the person for Ottawa that handles the press briefed Karlsson right before the press conference. If someone told me that Bettman personally called Erik right before, I would not shocked.

And so it goes Cooke is free as a bird with that F***** smile on his face.