Sens v. Bruins Game Thread (02/04/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Sens v. Bruins Game Thread (02/04/13)

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

Hit of the game goes to Dougie Hammerton! Just wait till he packs on some muscle.

Good one, MD. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Just it's proximity to Montreal prompted the call, jm?  That's funny.  I'd prefer the Bruins don't repeat tonight's wide open style on Saturday

Got to agree with this.

I believe some D reinforcements of some kind are going to join the team by this time tomorrow to help out....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Wild night overall. 

Accurate or not -- 97 SOG -- I'm toast.

Go figure -- Buffalo players say godbye to a few guys over the last couple of days then go into Pitt and win 4-1 with Iginla netting only Pens goal.

Caps win -- Jets lose. Southeast division winner jumps 7 places in the standings. Caps 2 pts down but 2 games in hand.

HANG IN THERE PATRICE -- HOPE IT'S NOTHING HEAVY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Anyone else notice that Caron played well despite still being paired with Pando?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

CJ clearly not happy with the defensive performance tonight...can't blame him, way too many turnovers and lax coverage

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

CJ clearly not happy with the defensive performance tonight...can't blame him, way too many turnovers and lax coverage

I thought there was a lot of sloppy play too Hang. There were way too many times that players were weak on the puck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just finished watching the game on delay .  I can't believe this shiiit , Bruins finally get an extra fwd to bump Pandolfo out of the lineup and Bergeron gets hurt !  Just like Iginla joining Pens and Crosby gets hurt!

How many chances does Peverley have to get to finally score a timely goal ????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Anyone else notice that Caron played well despite still being paired with Pando?

Caron got stuck in, dez.  Saw a bit of speed on an attempted chip in and around an Ottawa D guy although he didn't get the puck in deep.  Also noticed some long-striding hustle on a backcheck.  Nothing fancy.  Just a solid effort from him tonight.  Doesn't appear reluctant to get in the mix regarding scrums.  I don't recall him doing anything glaringly wrong.  That's a good sign. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I thought there was a lot of sloppy play too Hang. There were way too many times that players were weak on the puck.

How about with 45secs left Krejci trying to hard with fancy pass instead of just getting the puck and it was right at the blue line !!!  Sens keep it in, apply pressure and get a pp. If it as the Habs they would have scored, just because they're luckiest bunch of creeps in the NHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Just finished watching the game on delay .  I can't believe this shiiit , Bruins finally get an extra fwd to bump Pandolfo out of the lineup and Bergeron gets hurt !  Just like Iginla joining Pens and Crosby gets hurt!

Lets hope Pevs is saving them for the playoffs. Good to see his speed though tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

He threw body check...a couple of times. I just wonder why a guy that has everything to prove to stay in the NHL waits that his place on the team is on jeopardy to begin to play physical as he should right away ??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

BsL,

no disrespect to Crosby but with any luck Bergeron's absence won't be as lengthy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Most concerning is how they came out of the gate AGAIN.  First few minutes lately have been disgraceful.  This needs to be fixed yesterday. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

He threw body check...a couple of times. I just wonder why a guy that has everything to prove to stay in the NHL waits that his place on the team is on jeopardy to begin to play physical as he should right away ??

Remi, you can't make hits unless the puck gets dumped into a good area for it. That is unless you're Sawn Thornton. He's happy to finish checks and take himself hopelessly out of the play multiple times per game. Caron had a really good shift tonight when he got out with Marchand and Pev. He good games while playing with Pev and Kelly and alongside Pev and Lucic. The pattern I'm noticing is that he's better able to use his size when playing with decent linemates. I actually am expecting him to get traded tomorrow. I guess we shall see.  Bruins win! Bruins win!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Lots of highlights tonight for both teams but for those few of us who do like Thornton -- Approx 5 minutes into the 2nd -- Chara to Paille to Thornton. Crazy move to rescue the puck thru Phillips legs then behind the net and a wrap around that I was praying to go in. I really thought it was time to wipe off the makup and remove the rubber nose but no such luck. Maybe next game. Hang in there ST.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Why people applauded crosby getting hurt i have no idea.  Stupid hockey gods didnt like us acting like hab fans.  Now our best player gets hit.  I was thinking it like dez and a few others.  I just hope its minor.  Faaaaaaaaasack!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

On another note, Bartko looks better out there. Much different now that he seems more comfortable out there. He looked nervous before. Now he looks like an actual player. He was certainly better than Ference tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Why people applauded crosby getting hurt i have no idea.  Stupid hockey gods didnt like us acting like hab fans.  Now our best player gets hit.  I was thinking it like dez and a few others.  I just hope its minor.  Faaaaaaaaasack!

I feel bad for almost any athlete that gets injured. Nobody but Cooke deserves a slapper to the face.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I feel bad for almost any athlete that gets injured. Nobody but Cooke deserves a slapper to the face.

I agree. And that cockroach wouldnt get hurt if you chopped his head off.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

From Cedfano.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He would just steal someone elses....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

He would just steal someone elses....

True true.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

On another note, Bartko looks better out there. Much different now that he seems more comfortable out there. He looked nervous before. Now he looks like an actual player. He was certainly better than Ference tonight.

But it's not tough to look better than Ferrence this season !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Dez, love the avatar by the way.....love cats, have two of my own, my girls.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

who said he was undersized ? I saw Fletch joking about that with sarcasm . He pretty strong and takes the body well. Pleasantly surprised.