Sens won. They are first in Northeast.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Sens won. They are first in Northeast.

In Response to Re: Sens won. They are first in Northeast.:
    [QUOTE]Well its putup or shutup time for the Bs. 
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

That's really all that matters.  It's up to them to play like a team and win the games.

You don't deserve in the NHL, you earn.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Time to play boring, trap hockey.  Get a few wins under our belt and get in gear for the post season!  Forget about Ottawa.  Get in the playoffs first. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sens won. They are first in Northeast. : That's really all that matters.  It's up to them to play like a team and win the games. You don't deserve in the NHL, you earn.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yep.  And nothing else in this thread (other than whether or not fear will motivate the players) really matters much.  Every team gets its share of loser points and they don't often make that much difference in the final standings*.  What's worse for the Bruins is that shootout wins aren't counted in the tiebreakers, so the Sens can tie them on points by collecting more loser points, and then conceivably win the wins tiebreaker because the Bruins have a 7 SO wins to the Senators's 5.  One more reason to hate the shootout.  Bring back the tie - at least that was clean.

Right now, though, the Bruins should win just about any tie-breaker with the Senioritas: 1) They have one more ROW, so even if they lose in OT to the Flyers today, they'd be tied in points and win the tie-break; 2) the Bruins have won the head-to-head series this year; and 3) they still have the NHL's best goal differential at +49 (by one over Detroit).  ROW is the first tie-breaker, though, so they need to make sure they keep that one no worse than tied.

So - they control their destiny.  Completely.  They don't need to scoreboard watch.  They need to play better hockey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]This shows exactly how incredibly stupid the NHL point system is. The Bruins are 40-27-3. Because the Sentors have LOST 10 times in OT/SO, they have more points, despite have three less wins.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Welcome to the 3 point game NHL. Get used to it, it isn't going anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Well msaid Book. They must start to play their game.A solid commitmant starting with Chara. Aside from Tim Thomas, the mistakes have been mostly mental, poor decisions that give away the puck. In addition, backing away from the onrushing forward, so that Timmy can "see" the shot , needs to go in the garbage bin. Many of these are coaching decisions, just as the PP is a coaching decision. Everybody needs to pay attention to the details.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I completely agree that the defensive errors seems to be mental.   Some nights, it seems like we have 4 Dennis Wideman's out there.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One added thought: The Panthers game showcased how other teams are taking Timmy's space away. It was a classic view, orchestrated by Craig Ramsey, on how to mess with Claude's defense. I hope they reviewed the film closely, and will adjust to meet these changes that every other team is focused on, in order to beat the Bruins. 1] play agressive; 2] crowd Timmy;3] attack the biggest defenseman4] complain to the refs early and often.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just suppose the playoffs were to happen this second, the Bruins would play the Sens.  Let's say they get by that, then it's the Pens.  Yikes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, Chara has been average for most of this run.  In fact, maybe the scariest part of this black hole of a slump is that the team's leaders are all playing just awful by their standards.  Chara is -2 since the beginning of February with only one goal and 12 assists.  When he's playing well, he has maybe one or two games a month where he's a minus player, and not landing that bomb of a shot has something to do with the PP struggle.

Thomas's struggles are well-documented in Gasper's column today - but you don't need stats to know that he's been less than stellar.  Certainly he has not stepped up to turn things around.

But you can add Bergeron to that list.  He has four goals since the beginning of February, two of them in the same game against Ottawa, and no goals in ten games.  He has 12 points since the beginning of February (a total of 22 games), and three of those were in that Feb 25th Ottawa game.  Seguin had one goal in February.  Marchand has points in only 5 of the last 20 games.  Only Lucic and Krejci of the top six have been adequate.  Krejci has been noticable as the one guy who seems to be elevating his level to drag them out of this garbage.

Last one - Seidenberg is such a keystone player on this team.  He probably isn't a #2 defensemen on most teams, but he's generally so reliable and consistent, and able to contribute, that he can play that role for this team and be a bit of a bellweather for their overall play.  He's -11 since January 12th.  He has 1...ONE point since the end of January.

If this is what you're getting from your best players, and you are still in the playoffs and still at anywhere close to .500 during that slump, there is no reason to lay into the pluggers, the fourth liners, the checking centre who hasn't been able to put up points.  If these guys don't get their schist together, nothing else matters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Chara has been average for most of this run.  In fact, maybe the scariest part of this black hole of a slump is that the team's leaders are all playing just awful by their standards.  Chara is -2 since the beginning of February with only one goal and 12 assists.  When he's playing well, he has maybe one or two games a month where he's a minus player, and not landing that bomb of a shot has something to do with the PP struggle. Thomas's struggles are well-documented in Gasper's column today - but you don't need stats to know that he's been less than stellar.  Certainly he has not stepped up to turn things around. But you can add Bergeron to that list.  He has four goals since the beginning of February, two of them in the same game against Ottawa, and no goals in ten games.  He has 12 points since the beginning of February (a total of 22 games), and three of those were in that Feb 25th Ottawa game.  Seguin had one goal in February.  Marchand has points in only 5 of the last 20 games.  Only Lucic and Krejci of the top six have been adequate.  Krejci has been noticable as the one guy who seems to be elevating his level to drag them out of this garbage. Last one - Seidenberg is such a keystone player on this team.  He probably isn't a #2 defensemen on most teams, but he's generally so reliable and consistent, and able to contribute, that he can play that role for this team and be a bit of a bellweather for their overall play.  He's -11 since January 12th.  He has 1...ONE point since the end of January. If this is what you're getting from your best players, and you are still in the playoffs and still at anywhere close to .500 during that slump, there is no reason to lay into the pluggers, the fourth liners, the checking centre who hasn't been able to put up points.  If these guys don't get their schist together, nothing else matters.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Awesome post.  Completely agree on all counts.  Caron hasnt been the best player on this team over the last couple of months (albeit, he's played like a VERY GOOD third liner which has been impressive).  Its been Krejci.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Does anyone else notice that Bruins fans seem to underestimate Krejci?  It seems like when people talk about the elite players on this team , they refer to Thomas, Chara, and Bergeron.  I agree that these players are all awesome, but so is Krejci.

If Krejci doesnt get injured , we dont drop 4 in a row to the Flyers (sorry to bring up a bad memory).  Krejci is (at worst) a legitimate first line center.  He's a strong skater, creative, and an excellent passer.  He's an aboslute play-maker.  Yet , I feel that some people act like he's a role player on this team and not part of the core.

I say bring back the Krejci, looch, Seguin line.  Krejci needs a finisher on his line so we can capitalize on his playmaking.  Lucic and Caron on the same line is redundant to me.  They are both net-crashers.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Sens won. They are first in Northeast.:[QUOTE]May I just point out that with the Sens goaltending they will not go far in the playoffs. Just an observation. Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Whether the Bruins get the 2nd or the 7th seed I just hope our Bs get too play the Senoritas cause I really like the matchup. I'm with allot of other fans just get in to the show and see what happens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sens won. They are first in Northeast. : Whether the Bruins get the 2nd or the 7th seed I just hope our Bs get too play the Senoritas cause I really like the matchup. I'm with allot of other fans just get in to the show and see what happens.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San, be carefull what you wish for. Don't forget the Sens still have Craig Anderson. Any matchup will be a dog fight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Although, to be honest, Bruins have never been too good with the Stanley Cup hangover. '39, then '41... '70, then '72.... Maybe they are destined or 2011, then 2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sens won. They are first in Northeast. : San, be carefull what you wish for. Don't forget the Sens still have Craig Anderson. Any matchup will be a dog fight.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

You mean the same Craig Anderson that has never won a playoff series in the NHL and, in fact, has only captained a team to one whole round in the playoffs in his whole career (he is 30 not 20)? 

I'm with SanDog, I like the matchup. Ottawa plays hard but have many holes the B's can exploit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Although, to be honest, Bruins have never been too good with the Stanley Cup hangover. '39, then '41... '70, then '72.... Maybe they are destined or 2011, then 2013
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

I can live with that scenario !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It does look more and more like the Bruins, assuming they don't completely defecate in their beds, will face the Ottawa Senators in the first round.  I mean, if they regain second, I don't think Ottawa will drop to 8th, though they may catch the Devils.  So what's at stake...is home ice.

Bruins back in 2nd on tiebreakers pending the SensLaffs.  I...I can't bring myself to root for the Leafs.  Who's reffing?