Series ain't over just yet, however the goose is almost cooked!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Series ain't over just yet, however the goose is almost cooked!

The Bruins are simply too deep this year. This coupled with the revenge factor  from last year is a perfect recipe for triumph. Boston's goaltending is far superior than the Flyers. The B's will win at least one game in Boston and hold a commanding 3-1 series lead.

This year Philly is not the same team as last year. Pronger is not healthy, Carter is out, no Gagne or Asham, and the goaltending is pathetic.

The Philly comeback ain't happening again this year folks. With a 3-1 series lead for the Bruins its lights out for the Flyers. Bring on Tampa Bay for the Eastern Conference final.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Series ain't over just yet, however the goose is almost cooked!

I'm cautiously optimistic.  If they lose tomorrow I'll be worried.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

If the B's lose game 3 I would not worry. The Flyers have to win 4 out of the next 5 games. With their goaltending carousel and key injuries to Pronger and Carter it's highly unlikely.

In Response to Re: Series ain't over just yet, however the goose is almost cooked!:
    I'm cautiously optimistic.  If they lose tomorrow I'll be worried.
    Posted by hangnail

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I agree with your posting the flyers are without last years key players. Philly still has some good depth but goaltender is an issue. The Bruins will have to show the fans they mean business this year by making it to the finals. This team reminds me of the Red Sox team that won the World Series, a coming back to win after being down to their rivals, same depth and characterisation, team of so call idiots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

In Response to Re: Series ain't over just yet, however the goose is almost cooked!:
    I agree with your posting the flyers are without last years key players. Philly still has some good depth but goaltender is an issue. The Bruins will have to show the fans they mean business this year by making it to the finals. This team reminds me of the Red Sox team that won the World Series, a coming back to win after being down to their rivals, same depth and characterisation, team of so call idiots.
    Posted by orr4neely8

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

It would be great if the Bruins could duplicate the feat of the 2004 Red Sox and win a championship.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

My best friend is a Flyers fan & he keeps reminding me of last year. He's got me there, what can I say to that? Deep down I think the Bruins will win this series but at the moment, I'm taking the silent approach with my friend. Once the Bruins exercise their demons against the Flyers , I will be his worst nitemare. It was a long summer listening to him talk about  how the Flyers came back to beat us & go on to game 6 of the finals. I am looking forward to returning the favour.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b0f75f771a6c90f6c3681e817fcc126c&plckUserId=b0f75f771a6c90f6c3681e817fcc126c" target="_parent">Camperpete
    The Bs had to take 4 out of 5 against MTL. Not an easy task but we all know it can be done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

The Flyers took 4 out of 4 last year with the same mediocre goaltending and Carter & Pronger may still play again in this series.  Can we hold off on the "goose being cooked" until the B's actually win two more games?  We've seen in the past decade when they've been in a position to win/take complete control of a series only they've come out flat.  It can't happen tomorrow night...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

This is NOT last year and won't be as long as the Bs can stay healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from angelomara. Show angelomara's posts

play tyler!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

play tyler!
    Posted by angelomara

no

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

It can be done with solid goaltending. Fortunately for the B's the Flyers don't have that.

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b0f75f771a6c90f6c3681e817fcc126c&plckUserId=b0f75f771a6c90f6c3681e817fcc126c " target="_parent" /> Camperpete The Bs had to take 4 out of 5 against MTL. Not an easy task but we all know it can be done.
    Posted by wallydouglas

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Like I said, 'The goose is almost cooked'. The bottom line is that this is not the same Flyers of last year. Too many injuries. With regards to their goaltending, at least Leighton was consistent for them last year. I do not see a consistent goalie this year.

The Flyers took 4 out of 4 last year with the same mediocre goaltending and Carter & Pronger may still play again in this series.  Can we hold off on the "goose being cooked" until the B's actually win two more games?  We've seen in the past decade when they've been in a position to win/take complete control of a series only they've come out flat.  It can't happen tomorrow night...
    Posted by bostonguy67

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

I agree. Also once the Power Play finally wakes up from being in a coma, this series is OVER!

This is NOT last year and won't be as long as the Bs can stay healthy.
    Posted by Evil2010

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

We may see Seguin appear in a game or two should an injury occur. However, it is unlikely at this point that they will insert a 19 year old rookie with no playoff experience. Lots of time for Seguin to play for the B's in the playoffs for many years to come.

play tyler!
    Posted by angelomara

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

As long as the Bruins win one of their 2 home games, the Flyers are toast. Remember the Power Play won't be in a coma for very long. Numbers average out. If the PP kicks in Game 3 its Lights Out, serve up the Goose.

They must win Game 3 or at least not blow the game/come out flat.  I think this is as important as just stealing Game 2. It almost makes stealing Game 2 and its momentum from that, pointless. I think if they can win Game 3, it really puts Philly into a psychological position because of Thomas. Last year, Rask was going through his first playoffs, Kreicji went down and it clearly affected the Bruins depth and experience, overall.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

If ANYONE thinks this Bruins team is the SAME Bruins team from last year, youre clueless.

THOMAS, number one, playing like a brick wall.  Then we have a healthy Chara & Krejci.  Add Seidenberg, Horton, Marchand and Philly has a LONG way to go to make up the difference.  NOT EVEN CLOSE! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Series ain't over just yet, however the goose is almost cooked!:
    The Bruins are simply too deep this year. This coupled with the revenge factor  from last year is a perfect recipe for triumph. Boston's goaltending is far superior than the Flyers. The B's will win at least one game in Boston and hold a commanding 3-1 series lead. This year Philly is not the same team as last year. Pronger is not healthy, Carter is out, no Gagne or Asham, and the goaltending is pathetic. The Philly comeback ain't happening again this year folks. With a 3-1 series lead for the Bruins its lights out for the Flyers. Bring on Tampa Bay for the Eastern Conference final.
    Posted by Camperpete

Tampa Bay is a bigger Montreal with grit.  I would be very afraid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I wonder how Barry Melrose is liking the series so far?  In his ESPN interview before the series started, he went on and on about how much better and deeper Philly are than Boston, then predicted Philly in 5 games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If ANYONE thinks this Bruins team is the SAME Bruins team from last year, youre clueless. THOMAS, number one, playing like a brick wall.  Then we have a healthy Chara & Krejci.  Add Seidenberg, Horton, Marchand and Philly has a LONG way to go to make up the difference.  NOT EVEN CLOSE! 
    Posted by bigvig

Agreed, bigvig.  Aside from the personnel, there appears to be a different attitude surrounding the Bruins in these playoffs.  The games have presented them with several opportunities to fold (i. e., being down 2-0 heading to Mtl, failing to close it out in 6, Subban scoring late in regulation in Game 7, last night's early 2-0 deficit where it looked like the club was going to get blasted by Philly).  To date, they've responded as all teams who see themselves as serious Cup contenders should; with wins.  All this without a functioning PP.  Love what we're seeing so far.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

And dont forget all the PK's theyve been on.  Can you IMAGINE if the penalties this year had of been call CORRECTLY?!  Bruins would have beaten the Habs in 5 and be up 3-0 on Philly.  I dont see how Philly is a better team than Boston.  I honestly dont.  I know on Paper they have more goal scorers, etc., but their goaltending is HORRIBLE, PLUS they play in a crap division so they CAN rack up the goals.  They were almost taken by Buffalo for crying out loud!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I will actually be more nervous if we win tomorrow.  It will be like deja vous.  However, I will feel better if we play better than last night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

That was then, this is NOW. Pronger ain't playing. Flyers goaltending sucks. It just isn't in the cards this year for the Flyers.

This Situation seems all to familiar....
    Posted by rockett7

Sections
Shortcuts