Series Could Be Over

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Series Could Be Over

You're only as good as your next game.  Rangers could win the next 4, and your post goes kaput.  Nothing shocks me anymore, not after "The Comeback" last Monday.  One game at a time is the only way to look at things.  It's best to leave the predictions to Stanley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In 2010 I was confident the Philly series was over.  Rangers came back from a 2-0 hole in round 1 and have the potential to do it again.  I am hopeful, but would not call it confident.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Sorry, but when I read crap like this for players during a series, it just screams delusion:

"We gave it to them," said Lundqvist, last year's Vezina Trophy winner as the NHL's top goalie. "I thought we played great. I didn't think they had to work really hard to get a couple goals there. We just made it really tough on ourselves."

That's ridiculous.   That is bad leadership right there.  Your goaltending hasn't been that good and your team has been outplayed. Period. If anything, Rask gave the Rangers two gimmes in Game 1 and Jagr, Marchand and Hamilton served up the Rangers 1st goal last night.

We can play this game all day long. 

To the objective observer, Game 1 could have been 5-2 or worse with all those posts, but the Bruins are the faster, more fluid team from end to end.  NY looks overmatched on the back end vs our forwards.

It looks like a personnel match up problem to me through 2 games.  I think NY has played as well as they can so far and this series could be over sooner rather than later. I had Bruins in 7, but it may be sooner than that.

The Rangers can give us 2 more like that so we can move on. The B's have outplayed NY in both games and all 4 goals for NY were Give Me's by the B's. Not one goal by NY has been for outplaying the B's. Go Bruins. Keep it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Rangers have played some strong hockey this year, so don't take anything for granted. The Bruins need to continue playing strong plus, eliminating the mistakes that have given goals to the Rangers. Looch needs to step it up, as does Horton. they tend to snooze at times. i constantly would like to see Thornton in the sky box, but, one thing is certain, he gives 150% every time he's on the ice. Not skill-wise, but definitely with his effort. The Rangers have some big guys, who can skate, plus Nash, who is big, and can score when given a chance or off a Bruins mistake. The speed and puck control of the Bruins young D-men have provided a new ingredient that can continue to help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wow! Talk about a guy jumping on & off the wagon. B assfishing has made the dumbest comments on this board next to Stanley. Now he's calling this garbage after 2 games? Doesn't he realize that Jeremy Jacobs still has his hands on this team & he WILL not allow PC, or CJ to waste money to help this team win? Where has he been? Doesn't he realize that since we're stuck with a stiff like Jagr instead of "Superman Iginla" this team doesn't stand a chance! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Sorry, but when I read crap like this for players during a series, it just screams delusion:

"We gave it to them," said Lundqvist, last year's Vezina Trophy winner as the NHL's top goalie. "I thought we played great. I didn't think they had to work really hard to get a couple goals there. We just made it really tough on ourselves."

It seems to me like he is falling on the sword a bit.  Blaming himself.  Nothing wrong with pointing the finger at himself.  He hasnt been King Henry.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

It seems to me like he is falling on the sword a bit.  Blaming himself.  Nothing wrong with pointing the finger at himself.  He hasnt been King Henry.

He said he thought they played great and then turns around and contradicts himself by saying "they didn't have to work hard for those".

So, which is it?

See what I mean? 

1. The Rangers fell apart in the 3rd period. They also fell apart in the OT.

2. Boston has better 3rd and 4th lines and better D depth and it's showing up on the ice.

The only thing they have done well is capitalize on the handful of B's gaffes with turnovers or bad passes, which gave NY golden looks. That's pretty much the only reason why these games have appeared even for the majority of the games.

This is why I never, ever understood why people were whining about Paille 2 years ago or Thornton. These guys are what they are on the 4th line, but there is not a better 4th line in this league.

Chicago, maybe.

But, the chemistry with that line is really a special thing. Usually, if your 4th line is as good or even better than the opponents 3rd line.....you have an advantage in that series.

It's not always just the perception of who has the better goalie.  Coming into this series, Lundqvist is somewhat arrogantly being called the "best goalie in the world".

Please.

I have never complained about our 4th line. Not saying you were accusing me of it. Im just stating a fact. Our 4th is solid defensively while throwing in some offense in every now and then. It is what it is, but they are as important to this team as any other line. They do what is asked of them and they do it great. Whats cool about those players is they dont have to be worried about negative press for their lack of production. They just show up and know their roles. Unless hurt, you know they will be in the lineup. Its a given.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Complaining about your fourth line in hockey is like complaining about your #5 pitcher in baseball.  Meh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Complaining about your fourth line in hockey is like complaining about your #5 pitcher in baseball.  Meh.

Most NHL clubs don't win games series by wearing you down with a 4 line attack. The Bruins 4th line is a crucial component. The idea of having it be as good as it possibly can shouldn't be trivialized.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who called Lundqvist the best goalie in the world?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I do.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lots of people think that don't they? It won't be long before Rask starts to get that kind of respect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Lots of people think that don't they? It won't be long before Rask starts to get that kind of respect.

If anyone ever refered to him as that I have never heard it. Last time I heard that it was in reference to Tim Thomas. Before that, Brodeur,Hasek and Roy.

Terrific goalie, but he's not at that level yet and as far as goalies today, I have him lumped in with Quick and Price. Ask 3 people who is better and you may get three different answers, my point being, none of the three are head and shoulders above the other two to be declared best goalie in the world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

If anyone ever refered to him as that I have never heard it. Last time I heard that it was in reference to Tim Thomas. Before that, Brodeur,Hasek and Roy.

Terrific goalie, but he's not at that level yet and as far as goalies today, I have him lumped in with Quick and Price. Ask 3 people who is better and you may get three different answers, my point being, none of the three are head and shoulders above the other two to be declared best goalie in the world.

No way Kel. Here in Canada anyways, I've heard many people refer to Lundqvist as the current best goalie on the planet. I don't know anyone outside of Montreal that would put Price in the same sentence. I heard a comment on ESPN radio about Henrik needing a Cup to solidify his place as one of the greats. I don't disagree with that but I also don't see it as a deal breaker. He's fantastic. I can't easily think of someone else I'd rather have ahead of him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Brodeur, Hasek, and Roy (to which some may argue you can add Belfour) were all at their peak in the same era and there was just as much argument as to who was better then as there is now between Lundqvist, Quick, and Price.

Happens every generation and there is rarely consensus.....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yeah, I wasn't saying you. Don't even remember who was on that so much, but I was just shaking my head. It wasn't even worth commenting in the threads.  Focusing on the 4th line in the regular season is pointless. Focus on the top 3 lines, because that's really what you need to win games. Postseason is different, IMO.

The Paille thing was a focus up until the 2011 playoffs and I could never figure it out. He's a threat on the PK, he has speed, can take a draw from time to time, will go into the corners and he's good in transition.

I think it's one of the most underrated pick ups of the last 3-4 years from Chia. Buffalo gave up on him at Center and we convert him into a valuable winger on the all important 4th line.

Thornton is the other one. I get it, but what do you want? Where else does any team's resident goon play?
    I would argue he's been this organization's best resident goon player since I don't even know when.

He's slow, doesn't score anymore, but as long he's banging bodies and dropping the gloves with that line producing, I see no problem.

[/QUOTE]

lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who called Lundqvist the best goalie in the world ?

NBC

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Bruins need to play one game at a time, give 101% and score more goals than the other team. The Rangers have their backs against the wall which means anything could happen. No lead is safe. Its their's to lose.