Serious Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Serious Question

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

For some reason i just see Bourque as a guy who has terrific AHL numbers but will never translate into NHL success..Could be one of those players who can thrive on the 1st line in the AHL but cant cut it on the fourth line of an NHL team..A guy like Paille could play on the first line in Providence and not put up half the points Bourque does, but is a better NHL player...

People said the same things about both Martin St. Louis & P.A. Parenteau.  Someone decided to give these guys a chance and it worked out pretty well. 

For every one of those success stories there are hundreds of big time AHLers that never pan out when given the opportunity. I'm not saying Bourque has no shot at doing it. In fact, I hope he does excel. I'm just saying it wasn't the lopsided deal that Drewski feels it was. Cheers.

I'm not so sure Dez. Everyone was hating on Hamill. He accomplished almost nothing during his call up. I'll wait until I see Bourque before making final judgement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

For some reason i just see Bourque as a guy who has terrific AHL numbers but will never translate into NHL success..Could be one of those players who can thrive on the 1st line in the AHL but cant cut it on the fourth line of an NHL team..A guy like Paille could play on the first line in Providence and not put up half the points Bourque does, but is a better NHL player...

People said the same things about both Martin St. Louis & P.A. Parenteau.  Someone decided to give these guys a chance and it worked out pretty well. 

For every one of those success stories there are hundreds of big time AHLers that never pan out when given the opportunity. I'm not saying Bourque has no shot at doing it. In fact, I hope he does excel. I'm just saying it wasn't the lopsided deal that Drewski feels it was. Cheers.

I'm not so sure Dez. Everyone was hating on Hamill. He accomplished almost nothing during his call up. I'll wait until I see Bourque before making final judgement.

Not sure about what Lam? I'm not saying Hamill played great by any means but he was a serviceable player for 16 games whereas Bourque didn't manage to play in even 1 for the Caps. Sincerely, I hope Bourque does very well and earns a spot in Boston's lineup. I just don't expect it to happen. Have a look at the list of guys who've also led the AHL in scoring.........

http://ahlhalloffame.com/yearly-leaders-p139037

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'm not sure that Bourque won't be more serviceable than Hamill. I liked Hamill when he first came up but he just never seemed to find the net or help anyone find the net. I want to see what Bourque would do as an NHL call-up. I can't see someone doing much worse statistically speaking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm not sure that Bourque won't be more serviceable than Hamill. I liked Hamill when he first came up but he just never seemed to find the net or help anyone find the net. I want to see what Bourque would do as an NHL call-up. I can't see someone doing much worse statistically speaking.

Again, I didn't say he might not end up being a better NHLer than Hamill but so far, he hasn't been. Hamill had 2 points in 16 NHL games last year (4 in 20 overall). Bourque had 0 points in 0 NHL games last year (4 in 33 overall). I won't be shocked at all if Hamill eventually becomes a good AHLer too. Believe me when I say I want to see Bourque do well. It's just not the lopsided trade that Drewski claimed it to be. Cheers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/six_players_en.html

The Bruins will recall four forwards and two defensemen from Providence to participate in a shortened training camp. Chris Bourque, Lane MacDermid, Ryan Spooner, Jamie Tardif, Matt Bartkowski, and David Warsofsky will skate with the varsity, according to the Providence Journal.

Here is how the Bruins might look when camp opens:

Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Chris Bourque-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
    Lane MacDermid-Ryan Spooner-Jamie Tardif

Zdeno Chara-Dougie Hamilton
    Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
    Andrew Ference-Aaron Johnson
    Matt Bartkowski-David Warsofsky

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/six_players_en.html

The Bruins will recall four forwards and two defensemen from Providence to participate in a shortened training camp. Chris Bourque, Lane MacDermid, Ryan Spooner, Jamie Tardif, Matt Bartkowski, and David Warsofsky will skate with the varsity, according to the Providence Journal.

Here is how the Bruins might look when camp opens:

Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Chris Bourque-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
    Lane MacDermid-Ryan Spooner-Jamie Tardif

Zdeno Chara-Dougie Hamilton
    Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
    Andrew Ference-Aaron Johnson
    Matt Bartkowski-David Warsofsky

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Wow our 6 dmen are gonna need help.  They must get someone with some experience in there. Our top 4 is just not that great outside chara and ds.   Hamilton with chara is what i would do as well.  I kinda like your 3rd line.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Again, I didn't say he might not end up being a better NHLer than Hamill but so far, he hasn't been. Hamill had 2 points in 16 NHL games last year (4 in 20 overall). Bourque had 0 points in 0 NHL games last year (4 in 33 overall). I won't be shocked at all if Hamill eventually becomes a good AHLer too. Believe me when I say I want to see Bourque do well. It's just not the lopsided trade that Drewski claimed it to be. Cheers!

I think both teams, dissapointed in lack of production from both players are each hopin a change of scenery will do the trick. Still in the wait and see phase, but I'd assume both dont have the longest leashes to work with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Goes back to red's point about contracts.  Bruins weren't going to re-up Hamill

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think both teams, dissapointed in lack of production from both players are each hopin a change of scenery will do the trick. Still in the wait and see phase, but I'd assume both dont have the longest leashes to work with.

I really think that 5 games is the max that Bourque receives. After that you'll see CJ putting Paille on the 3rd line & MacDermaid coming & staying on the 4th until Chia makes a deal for a winger. The only other option would be if they decide to give one of the kids a look from the baby B's. A losing streak of any kind can kill you in 48 games. There isn't much in the way for wiggle room here.

Flashback- Who thought that Blaine Lacher was the next Moog? Considering he got signed as a FA from Lake Superior he really came out of no where. Had a great season...medicore play-off than disappeared, but the dealings with rubber didn't stop. He's now a tire maker for Good Year in Medicine Hat. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Not sure about what Lam? I'm not saying Hamill played great by any means but he was a serviceable player for 16 games whereas Bourque didn't manage to play in even 1 for the Caps. Sincerely, I hope Bourque does very well and earns a spot in Boston's lineup. I just don't expect it to happen. Have a look at the list of guys who've also led the AHL in scoring.........

Incorrect, Bourque has played in 33 NHL gm's. 20 w/ Pitt & 13 w/ Wash. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Incorrect, Bourque has played in 33 NHL gm's. 20 w/ Pitt & 13 w/ Wash. 

If you read more of the conversation you'd see we were discussing last year specifically with the game totals I mentioned but thanks for taking the time to "correct" me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

You're welcome. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You're welcome. 

I'm surprised you didn't notice Hamill has actually got 20 games overall and not just 16. Cheers!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

You're welcome. 

I'm surprised you didn't notice Hamill has actually got 20 games overall and not just 16. Cheers!

Lol, good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a interesting question, Drewski.

Hamill was clearly a bust n Boston.  I watched him play in Providence and he was just as soft there as he was in Boston.  He didn't have the finishing ability needed to justify his style of play.  If you aren't going to bring the pain, you have to show up on the scoresheet.  Often.

As an AHL junkie, I've see Chris Bourque play plenty of games also over the years.  He certainly isn't a first line NHLer, but brings a lot more to the table than Hamill does. 

It's hard to judge any player by his NHL record when he's only had spot duty, so it's unfair to use either player's goals and assists in the NHL to suggest ability isn't what it needs to be in order to be successful in the NHL. 

As someone who has watched them both play many games, I think the B's got a great deal here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Hamill was clearly a bust n Boston.  I watched him play in Providence and he was just as soft there as he was in Boston.  He didn't have the finishing ability needed to justify his style of play.  If you aren't going to bring the pain, you have to show up on the scoresheet.  Often.

As an AHL junkie, I've see Chris Bourque play plenty of games also over the years.  He certainly isn't a first line NHLer, but brings a lot more to the table than Hamill does. 

It's hard to judge any player by his NHL record when he's only had spot duty, so it's unfair to use either player's goals and assists in the NHL to suggest ability isn't what it needs to be in order to be successful in the NHL. 

As someone who has watched them both play many games, I think the B's got a great deal here.

Encouraging.  Never got to see Bourque , reading this makes it more interesting

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Give some examples of the "lots more" that Bourque brings to the table. I've also seen both players and came away unimpressed by either. I look forward to a long list of things he's better than Hamill at. It's certainly strange nobody in Washington noticed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To be fair, dez, I don't think they'll be calling up Hamill any time soon, either.  I'm not sure Hamill would have lasted 16 games in Boston if he wasn't a former 8th overall pick with a sign/no-sign deadline looming.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The Caps didn't seem to have a need to call anyone up the way the B's did. Might that have something to do with Bourque not getting a shot? Or am I forgetting about some injuries?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

To be fair, dez, I don't think they'll be calling up Hamill any time soon, either.  I'm not sure Hamill would have lasted 16 games in Boston if he wasn't a former 8th overall pick with a sign/no-sign deadline looming.

Agreed on all points Book. It's just that I'm not the one calling this a lopsided trade. This trade could be as simple as trading a center for a winger with both teams filling needs. Nas wanted to dance on in like he's got some extra AHL insights to add to the discussion. My only memory of his AHL insight is him informing all of us (in no uncertain terms) that Marchand was destined to be a 4th liner/minor leaguer at best because he'd seen enough of him to know. I just figure if I tell you someone is going to bring "lots more" to the table, then I'll at least try to give some specific examples to back it up. I want to see Bourque become the next Parenteau or Marty St. Louis but I know it's far more likely he becomes the next Marty St. Pierre.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

You may see Bourque on our third line on the opener!  I was never overly high on Caron.  I would personally prefer to see Spooner get the shot; however, Bourque may be more "NHL ready."

And that's exactly where he's practicing right now.  We never saw Hamill get this sort of opportunity. 

If nothing else, Bourque can't be worst than Unnecessary-Slap-Shot Pouliot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

You may see Bourque on our third line on the opener!  I was never overly high on Caron.  I would personally prefer to see Spooner get the shot; however, Bourque may be more "NHL ready."

And that's exactly where he's practicing right now.  We never saw Hamill get this sort of opportunity. 

If nothing else, Bourque can't be worst than Unnecessary-Slap-Shot Pouliot.

Yes, Bourque's current status vindicates anything you've ever stated about Prov players. I'm sure nobody even remembers the way you trashed guys like Marchand and McQuaid now that Bourque could possibly earn a spot that only opened up because Caron got hurt. No need to even address the fact that the spot should go to Sauve after the Tuesday scrimmage or that Hamill did indeed play some 3rd line shifts in Boston last year. Wow, what an awesome deal........

Sections
Shortcuts