Seriously????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Seriously????

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411959

People offended by this? While it may not be the brightest thing, I'd make sure the alarm in his residence is working, how the heck are people offended by this. Obviously people didnt watch Mayweather on HBO 24/7, which this is 100% in reference to, an inside joke he put on the outside, nothing more, nothing less...I'm actually mad that Kane caved into these over-sensitive cry about anythings and apologized.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Seriously????

Kane's a young kid trying to impress a hero of his, whether you like Mayweather or not. I wouldn't and don't take offense. Tweeting instantanious instagrams is the way of youth these days. Great beautiful proof of it is Wayne Gretzky's hot daughter. Now in her case I have no problem with her bieng...insenstive to the hockey masses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ridiculous.  Is there anyone out there who could actually pretend to be offended by this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am never going to be offended by anything anyone does, but I would say this is stupid when it comes to public sympathy for the players (hoo hoo)

Please allow me to introduce myself.
    My name's Evander Kane.
    I've been playing hockey for a long long year
    Stolen many a pucks in my day

Don't cry that you need "X" from the owners.

œI think with the kind of money that most guys in the league make, your™re pretty comfortable and you can survive for a good chunk of time, Kane said. But at the same time, it™s not always all about money. You want to play, and you feel bad for the fans ┠especially the fans in Winnipeg. Hockey is a livelihood, and its something that they take pride in. (some punctuation removed because the BDC software sucks)

But, you know, fans, look at my big stacks of money that I play with when I'm bored.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Is it offensive, imo? No. Is it stupid beyond belief when your union is trying to get working class support? Hell yeah!! It is an ill thought   out tweet, and that is it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I know this much, that it is unlikely that an owner be seriously injured or killed doing their jobs.

I do know that several players have received injuries that have crippled or maimed them and at least one who died.

Yes, it's a fun job, but it's also a dangerous one.  And they get paid a lot to do it.

And they get hired to be hockey players, should anyone be surprised that they do stupid things publicly?  It's a wonder that more of this doesn't happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Ridiculous.  Is there anyone out there who could actually pretend to be offended by this?

There are actually some here in Winnipeg who want him gone over this.

No harm done I would think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The funny thing about the "don't do this when the union is trying to muster public support" line is that it puts the lie to the poor, downtrodden players position more effectively than anything Kane did.  Basically, it reads as "your union is trying to pull an elaborate sell-job to keep fat stacks of cash rolling in, so if people see that you already have fact stacks of cash, they'll know the union is lying.  So hide the cash, and don't be yourself during the lockout." 

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about Canada losing a pre-lim to Finland...and Subban losing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

beyond stupid

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

beyond stupid

This

Sections
Shortcuts