SERIOUSLY...da SUIGEN has 4 goals in a game+in 3 straight+ no1 here thinks its thread-worthy?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY...da SUIGEN has 4 goals in a game+in 3 straight+ no1 here thinks its thread-worthy?

If the playoffs started today, Seguin is golfing tomorrow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY...da SUIGEN has 4 goals in a game+in 3 straight+ no1 here thinks its thread-worthy?

There was a great thread here yesterday but since pretty much everybody here has no knowledge of the game, they complained and tried to say childish things about me or anybody else who had a different opinion.  The thread somehow got deleted because a couple of the kids complained to the 'powers that be'.........sad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think it was a big mistake.  But those things happen sometimes.  We needed to sign Rask.  Id rather have Rask at this point.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I think it was a big mistake.  But those things happen sometimes.  We needed to sign Rask.  Id rather have Rask at this point.  

Maybe it was a "big mistake" from a talent perspective, if superstars with questionable character are they type of players you want to build your team around.  That's not how PC rolls though shupe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Exactly. Seguin's skills weren't the issue.  I'd rather he remained and get himself sorted. That he's scoring like he is was what he was projected to do.  The Bruins as a whole wouldn't have much success without a top-flight goaltender.  They locked up their's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

the segiun count, 22 and counting

oh, by the way dont forget the other guys.

seguin 22

thornton 22

kessel 19

jagr 14

nuff said

------------

smith 11

erikson 9

hamilton  6 though douggie plays good def

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Maybe it was a "big mistake" from a talent perspective, if superstars with questionable character are they type of players you want to build your team around.  That's not how PC rolls though shupe.

As a young man most players have areas of improvement.  Yes Seguin had some issues.  Doesnt mean he cant or wont change.  one thing is for sure you cant teach what he has.  Hes showing the world the skill he has.  I think they gave up waaay too soon.  

2011-12 29g 38a +34.  Playoffs 7 games 2g1a.  Very solid year as a kid.  

2012-13 16g 16a + 23. Playoffs disappeared.  I thought he could have been a difference maker in the finals.  He and Rask didnt get it done.  

This year hes simply been an allstar.  Hes likely gonna crank 40 goals and 80pts.  And hes still getting better.  People can change.  Hes a young man.  I think they gave up on him.  I certainly dont think we got enough in return.   But hes a star now.  I wish him well.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

As a young man most players have areas of improvement.  Yes Seguin had some issues.  Doesnt mean he cant or wont change.  one thing is for sure you cant teach what he has.  Hes showing the world the skill he has.  I think they gave up waaay too soon.  

2012-13 16g 16a + 23. Playoffs disappeared.  I thought he could have been a difference maker in the finals.  He and Rask didnt get it done.  

This year hes simply been an allstar.  Hes likely gonna crank 40 goals and 80pts.  And hes still getting better.  People can change.  Hes a young man.  I think they gave up on him.  I certainly dont think we got enough in return.   But hes a star now.  I wish him well.  

No one is questioning whether or not he is going to be a star shupe.  What happened behind closed doors between he, Neely, PC and CJ will never be known to you or me.  They couldn't live together anymore, it wasn't going to work regardless of how high his ceiling is.  Let's pick this up in April.  Every April.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I remember when null was around, and there were 50 seperate threads on officiating and Gregory Campbell, BDC said they would try to archive 'repeated threads'.  Ditto with the old 'Kessel is elite' threads.  One or two is fine, but new threads over and over that repeat the same topic generate complaints. 

When there are repeated threads, saying the same thing, about Kessel or Seguin, some of the repeated threads might get moved to archives if there are complaints and reports, especially if regular posters are complaining and the people starting the threads are posters with multiple accounts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I remember when null was around, and there were 50 seperate threads on officiating and Gregory Campbell, BDC said they would try to archive 'repeated threads'.  Ditto with the old 'Kessel is elite' threads.  One or two is fine, but new threads over and over that repeat the same topic generate complaints. 

When there are repeated threads, saying the same thing, about Kessel or Seguin, some of the repeated threads might get moved to archives if there are complaints and reports, especially if regular posters are complaining and the people starting the threads are posters with multiple accounts.

I agree with this.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No one is questioning whether or not he is going to be a star shupe.  What happened behind closed doors between he, Neely, PC and CJ will never be known to you or me.  They couldn't live together anymore, it wasn't going to work regardless of how high his ceiling is.  Let's pick this up in April.  Every April.

So you are saying that he couldnt change.  How were you as a young man.  I was nutty until i was 30.  No way i could be doing what i do now when i was 22.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that he couldnt change.  How were you as a young man.  I was nutty until i was 30.  No way i could be doing what i do now when i was 22.  

[/QUOTE]

Everyone changes.  If you don't, you don't grow and you don't truly get the most from life.  However, PC looked at the big picture and said no thanks toTyler - probably partly due to money, partly due to character, and partly due to TS's "fit" in the room...and probably some other reasons too.  I hardly doubt PC took this lightly.  If you pick a player 2nd overall you better have a damn good reason to move him after 3 years, and I think he did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Let's have another look at Seguin in the playoffs.

2011- He won one game v. Tampa Bay, 3 goals 13 games.  His best playoff.  But other than that one game - nothing.  

2012 - 2 goals in 7 games.

2013 - 1 goal in 22 games.

Yes, he gets regular season goals, but his playoff performance doesn't match up.  One day it probably will, but when?  My guess is that it will be another 3-5 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hate respondidng to these idiotic threads but I'm suprised some are ready to declare Dallas the winner in this trade so early. Yes Seguin is scoring, but didnt we all know he would? I don't think anyone of us doubted who the best player in this deal was, but still way too early in my opinion. Seguin could net 40 goals a year for the next 10 years, but if Eriksson gets 25-30 with some big ones in the playoffs I'm alright with that. I also expect Morrow and Fraser to be regular contributors sooner rather than later.  
    Seguin is the best player in the deal, we all know what he is capable of, but to me that doesnt mean Dallas wins this deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

There were other ways one Buyouts -its only in boston that we have no option to get rid of star players because of the cap one very lame excuse. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

the real question is just how bad will this get? Will Seguin take the Stevie Y route and continually improve in all the dirty/defensive areas until he becomes a HOFer or will he just be a one trick pony over his entire career?

Bruins couldve kept Seguin and signed Rask.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Let's have another look at Seguin in the playoffs.

2011- He won one game v. Tampa Bay, 3 goals 13 games.  His best playoff.  But other than that one game - nothing.  

2012 - 2 goals in 7 games.

2013 - 1 goal in 22 games.

Yes, he gets regular season goals, but his playoff performance doesn't match up.  One day it probably will, but when?  My guess is that it will be another 3-5 years.

First off his first year not much ice time secondly no one was scoring against Washington seemed like he was one of the few showing life then go with eriksson who I Don't tjink will be that much better in the playoffs and at 27. I also don't give a crap of morrow and fraser etc..

Rather keep seguin and know that he will do well In  playoffs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

If  erijsson was in fire and it looked like we stole this trade and posters would put repeated threads about this you would never complain would you.? There's more serious  things in  life then to whine about  Something and complain because you or others don't approve of 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

If  erijsson was in fire and it looked like we stole this trade and posters would put repeated threads about this you would never complain would you.? There's more serious  things in  life then to whine about  Something and complain because you or others don't approve of 

You've been whining about the Bruins trading Kessel for how long now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mattymcgee55's comment:

the real question is just how bad will this get? Will Seguin take the Stevie Y route and continually improve in all the dirty/defensive areas until he becomes a HOFer or will he just be a one trick pony over his entire career?

Never a one trick pony, kid can shoot, pass and skate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to mattymcgee55's comment:

shouldve been more specific.... a one zone player.

Never a one trick pony, kid can shoot, pass and skate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I don't mind a thread on Seguin.  I like him.  But I'm OK with the trade, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

seguin is going to be (and maybe is) an awesome player. he bangedd a teammates wife. moving on. 

Sections
Shortcuts