SERIOUSLY...da SUIGEN has 4 goals in a game+in 3 straight+ no1 here thinks its thread-worthy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY...da SUIGEN has 4 goals in a game+in 3 straight+ no1 here thinks its thread-worthy?

Puck Daddy gives his two cents on the Seguin trade.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/tyler-seguin-making-bruins-look-stupid-not-stupid-160843525--nhl.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY...da SUIGEN has 4 goals in a game+in 3 straight+ no1 here thinks its thread-worthy?

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

seguin is going to be (and maybe is) an awesome player. he bangedd a teammates wife. moving on. 

[/QUOTE]

You really should edit the part about Horton's wife...unless you've confirmed it with NH, his wife or TS.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

seguin is going to be (and maybe is) an awesome player. he bangedd a teammates wife. moving on. 

[/QUOTE]

You really should edit the part about Horton's wife...unless you've confirmed it with NH, his wife or TS.  

[/QUOTE]

as i said in the thread about this way back when, a player in the bruins organization told me. I trust him. Therefore I believe it to be fact. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's have another look at Seguin in the playoffs.

2011- He won one game v. Tampa Bay, 3 goals 13 games.  His best playoff.  But other than that one game - nothing.  

2012 - 2 goals in 7 games.

2013 - 1 goal in 22 games.

Yes, he gets regular season goals, but his playoff performance doesn't match up.  One day it probably will, but when?  My guess is that it will be another 3-5 years.

[/QUOTE]

Lots and lots of great players stumble in the playoffs.  some people(DK) are born to play the in the playoffs.  Some players(Ovi) arent.  It took Stevie Y a long time to learn how to win and be a great playoff player.  Seguin is still a baby in terms of age.   It also makes me question the leaders in the room.  Messier would have grabbed him and scared him straight.  Richards off ice shannanigans were put in question and he was traded.  Bet they wish they had him back.  LA could have grown tired of Drew and his party life sytle.  Bet they are glad they keep him.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd add to Puck Daddy's point that as great as the overall numbers for Seguin in Dallas look, they drop to 13 points in 17 games if you take away the 9 points he had in two games against non-playoff teams.  Statistical padding is great - if you don't have to pay for it.  Kid's got a lot of talent - we'll see what he makes of it, but I have no heartburn over his numbers this year and no regret about the deal.  Still.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lots and lots of great players stumble in the playoffs.  some people(DK) are born to play the in the playoffs.  Some players(Ovi) arent.  It took Stevie Y a long time to learn how to win and be a great playoff player.  Seguin is still a baby in terms of age.   It also makes me question the leaders in the room.  Messier would have grabbed him and scared him straight.  Richards off ice shannanigans were put in question and he was traded.  Bet they wish they had him back.  LA could have grown tired of Drew and his party life sytle.  Bet they are glad they keep him.  

[/QUOTE]

Shawn Thornton threatened to beat the crap out of him.  He produced his one goal shortly there after.  And after that - nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

as i said in the thread about this way back when, a player in the bruins organization told me. I trust him. Therefore I believe it to be fact. 

[/QUOTE]

Whatever.  But what you believe to be fact and what actually is fact could be two different things.  It's also possible your source has an axe to grind with TS and started the rumor out of spite.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shawn Thornton threatened to beat the crap out of him.  He produced his one goal shortly there after.  And after that - nothing.

[/QUOTE]

ST is a code guy.  He wouldnt fight him.  Chara has the "C".  

We should revist the hall vs seguin threads.  Haha.  Bet we could pull some beauties outta that pile of dung.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

We should revist the hall vs seguin threads.  Haha.  Bet we could pull some beauties outta that pile of dung.  

[/QUOTE]

No, he wouldn't fight him.  He would simply administer a beating.  

Don't you remember this?  In the interviews Thornton said to ask Seguin what the conversation was about, Seguin pretty much admitted outright a threat was made without saying it explicitly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he wouldn't fight him.  He would simply administer a beating.  

Don't you remember this?  In the interviews Thornton said to ask Seguin what the conversation was about, Seguin pretty much admitted outright a threat was made without saying it explicitly.

[/QUOTE]

Criminal in his actions.  ST should not be dlivering this speech.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Too early to make a judment ....we got some real good players in return , Reilly Smith is a regular and he is still very young, Matt Fraser is burning the AHL , Morrow could become a regular top 6 D in the NHL soon enough and Ericksson is still a question mark ...on the other hand Dallas received one of the most talemted player in the NHL no question about that, they also had to accept the number Lemon in the NHL in order to conclude the deal..thank God ! 

So lets wait another 2 years before we judge this trade......

and yes it hurts to see Seguin having such a good season when you think that he was a Bruin.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Criminal in his actions.  ST should not be dlivering this speech.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters that much who delivers it.

Chara has done his fair share, there was the infamous shoving incident with Kessel at practice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It occurs to me, there seems to be a presumption that Seguin was going to prove himself to be a horrible player this year.

I don't believe anyone who knew anything about hockey expected that.

And also, anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that Seguin will certainly improve over time.

And how quickly have people forgotten the million threads last year about the weakness on the 3rd line, Pandawful, Bourque and Dogvans.  Caron showing a little here and there was about it.  It's not a problem this year and the reason why has a LOT to do with the players received from Dallas.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We traded one of the best players in the nhl niw we trade another one on the verge of being a great player and you think that's whining.

[/QUOTE]

Yep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember when null was around, and there were 50 seperate threads on officiating and Gregory Campbell, BDC said they would try to archive 'repeated threads'.  Ditto with the old 'Kessel is elite' threads.  One or two is fine, but new threads over and over that repeat the same topic generate complaints. 

When there are repeated threads, saying the same thing, about Kessel or Seguin, some of the repeated threads might get moved to archives if there are complaints and reports, especially if regular posters are complaining and the people starting the threads are posters with multiple accounts.

[/QUOTE]

If  erijsson was in fire and it looked like we stole this trade and posters would put repeated threads about this you would never complain would you.? There's more serious  things in  life then to whine about  Something and complain because you or others don't approve of 

[/QUOTE]

You've been whining about the Bruins trading Kessel for how long now?

[/QUOTE]

We traded one of the best players in the nhl niw we trade another one on the verge of being a great player and you think that's whining.

[/QUOTE]

To keep bringing up after the succes they've had what else would you call it? You can't make an argument for it, becuase the succes kills your argument.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The only issue worth discussing regarding Seguin is- that he's now playing center, he's now playing under a different "system", he's now allowed to play through mistakes at center and not pulled after a few shifts.

His time in Boston on the wing, playing for CJ , can't be judged up against him playing center for a different coach.

You want a debate? Why was the 2nd overall pick asked to play out of position?  

This is why Spooner should be dealt in a package to Edmonton

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still hung up on this  ? Laughable, considering once the puck is dropped Bruins players were ( and are ) not confined to certain areas of the ice when creating offence.

You can debate this with Lindy Ruff and Dallas also !

Currently " the #2 overall pick " has , at times , lined up on the wing with Jamie Benn as his center.

Four goals in November against Calgary will not make the sorry stat of 6 goals over 3 playoff seasons go away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:[QUOTE]The only issue worth discussing regarding Seguin is- that he's now playing center, he's now playing under a different "system", he's now allowed to play through mistakes at center and not pulled after a few shifts.

His time in Boston on the wing, playing for CJ , can't be judged up against him playing center for a different coach. [/QUOTE]

That's why the point comparison versus Eriksson holds no water. No.1 center or wing playing with Benn better put up points. Tyler is doing just that, Ruff is the perfect coach for him.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Apart from Seguin's lousy attitude his poor play off performance, the start of a big new contract and the need for cap space to sign the likes of Rask etc meant that PC's hand was forced. And under the circumstances PC did a reasonable job of patching up that gaping hole in RW.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still hung up on this  ? Laughable, considering once the puck is dropped Bruins players were ( and are ) not confined to certain areas of the ice when creating offence.

You can debate this with Lindy Ruff and Dallas also !

Currently " the #2 overall pick " has , at times , lined up on the wing with Jamie Benn as his center.

Four goals in November against Calgary will not make the sorry stat of 6 goals over 3 playoff seasons go away.

[/QUOTE]

Look all I'm saying is that the kid is an incredible talent who needed to play an extended time at center... imo

Also, that the B's should have considered going after T.Hall all out considering what the B's had in place up the middle if the plan was to fill a need at wing. There simply was no room for a top center on this roster, and that may be what the real issue was all along.

I don't think comparing him playing 1st line center in Dallas to 2nd line wing in Boston is a worthy topic...which is the point I was making. Not hung up on anything , but just maybe  he's a top 5 scorer at center and shipped out of Boston at wing...time will tell, jury's still out, but it's not so far fetched to dismiss it either, now that's laughable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

One more point on your theory.  Horton notified the Bruins on June 30 that he was leaving.  Why would it matter if TS stays in Boston or gets traded to Dallas, knowing full well that Horton was already gone?  Seguin was traded Jul 4.  

IMO rumors about people's personal lives don't belong here, they don't really add anything of value.

Sections
Shortcuts