Sestito,Shelley, and Hartnell...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Sestito,Shelley, and Hartnell...

Dancing clowns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell...

unfortunately for us, hartnell is also a scoring clown.  25 goals already this season.  i hate him now, but i'd probably love him if he was wearing black and gold.  the other 2 are skating clowns who shouldn't be in the nhl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Do you mean Shelley?

I wonder what Lavoilette told them before the game.

Hartnell had already stated that he didn't like the way the Bruins "abused" them physically and on the scoresheet the last time they came to town to the tune of 6-0.

Philly's intention for yesterday's game had nothing to do with winning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hartnell is no clown -- what is he 5th in the league in scoring?  I hate him, but he's a top threat whenever they play the Bruins.  I'd love to see him get destroyed.

Shelley is such a bad player and doesn't throw a lot of cheap hits, so I actually like having him on their roster.  He makes them worse.

Sestito is just a piece of minor league trash who wants to make a name for himself by injuring opposing players.  The worst kind of guy in hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Sestito was suspended earlier for exactly what he pulled on Horton...it was obvious why he was brought up and what Laviolettes game plan was for the Bruins..their goaltending cost them the game and the way the refs favoured Philly the loss looks good on them...as for Hartnell I would love to see him with the Bruins. Lets hope Horton is OK.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sestito and Shelley don't belong in the league. Hartnell is one of the better players in the league. He is exactly the type of player fans hate, except when he plays on the team you are rooting for him, then you love him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Sestito,Shelley, and Hartnell...

Yeah, Sestito and Shelley are goons and lack the class of a guy like Thornton who wears soft pads and is careful about how he hits.  Hartnell is a jerk but, like Marchand, he's good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell...:
    [QUOTE]Hartnell is no clown -- what is he 5th in the league in scoring?  I hate him, but he's a top threat whenever they play the Bruins.  I'd love to see him get destroyed. Shelley is such a bad player and doesn't throw a lot of cheap hits, so I actually like having him on their roster.  He makes them worse. Sestito is just a piece of minor league trash who wants to make a name for himself by injuring opposing players.  The worst kind of guy in hockey.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

But he is still a clown. All he needs is a pair of oversized yellow skates.He turned turtle right in front of my seat on Sunday. No guts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... : But he is still a clown. All he needs is a pair of oversized yellow skates.He turned turtle right in front of my seat on Sunday. No guts.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's turtled on both Chara and Thornton.  On the one hand, I get it, because he would lose those fights.  On the other hand, with the way he plays he should stick up for himself every now and then.

The Flyers keep Sestito and Shelley around just so that Hartnell, Giroux, and others can throw hits, play nasty, and not have to fight anyone.  It's smart until things tighten up and good teams exploit a roster with two guys who can't skate.  It won't help them in the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... :   Yeah, he's turtled on both Chara and Thornton.  On the one hand, I get it, because he would lose those fights.  On the other hand, with the way he plays he should stick up for himself every now and then. The Flyers keep Sestito and Shelley around just so that Hartnell, Giroux, and others can throw hits, play nasty, and not have to fight anyone.  It's smart until things tighten up and good teams exploit a roster with two guys who can't skate.  It won't help them in the playoffs. 

marchand would turtle too if shelley would want to fight him.  but i still love the little piece of sh!t.  hartnell has over 50 nhl fights, so he does fight.  he's just smart enough not to want to fight thornton or chara.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Was I imagining this or did the whistle blow before Barbara Streisand popped Kelly? I don't remember exactly but I remember Kelly being either bent way over or down on a knee thats why he took that shot in the melon. I'm pretty sure thats why Thorty jumped at him. I really don't mind how the Flyers played us. The hit on Horty was real close to being late but he's gotta learn to take a number and not just react like that. Overall Thomas gave up 5 goals and we still won. I really don't care about stats this season. Wins will suffice. Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... :   Yeah, he's turtled on both Chara and Thornton.  On the one hand, I get it, because he would lose those fights.  On the other hand, with the way he plays he should stick up for himself every now and then. The Flyers keep Sestito and Shelley around just so that Hartnell, Giroux, and others can throw hits, play nasty, and not have to fight anyone.  It's smart until things tighten up and good teams exploit a roster with two guys who can't skate.  It won't help them in the playoffs. 
    He did as well in last years playoffs, but i for one don't blame him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hartnell is a player, no clown...regardless of what we think of him.
    Shelly is just a goon whom the game is passing by, a'la Colton Orr.
    Sestito is a younger version of Carcillo, as in, a real problem as he is only there to injure. Does not belong in the NHL. The worst kind of bane upon the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hartnell's big enough to go with Thornton - he turtled because the trade off was too far in Boston's favour.  He should get called out the same way Lucic got called out when he fought Orr and then backed off because his nose was broken.

And you don't turtle just because you're likely to lose if you're going to run around.  If you're not prepared to lose a fight or two, don't run around like a preacher with a machine gun.  Otherwise, learn the term "inherent risk".  Marchand seems to know the risk and goes porcupine - you can come at me, but you might not like how I respond.  Better that than the George Michael Bluth routine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Sestito,Shelley, and Hartnell...:
    [QUOTE]Hartnell's big enough to go with Thornton - he turtled because the trade off was too far in Boston's favour.  He should get called out the same way Lucic got called out when he fought Orr and then backed off because his nose was broken. And you don't turtle just because you're likely to lose if you're going to run around.  If you're not prepared to lose a fight or two, don't run around like a preacher with a machine gun.  Otherwise, learn the term "inherent risk".  Marchand seems to know the risk and goes porcupine - you can come at me, but you might not like how I respond.  Better that than the George Michael Bluth routine.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Great reference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let me also add that while Hartnell is scoring like a top power forward, the rest of his career doesn't back up the idea that he's a top player in the NHL.  He has a 30 goal season, but he also has a 14 goal season since he last hit 30.  As of today, he has the second highest goal total of his career with almost half the season to go.  He's always been a second scorer and borderline dirtbag who puts up about 24 goals and 45 points on average playing a middleweight power forward game - even though he's 6'2" and 210.  Neely, for the record, was 6'1" and around 218.

Right now, he's riding Giroux's coattails.  He's doing his Blair MacDonald imitation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

now THATS a great reference....ha!..."Blair MacDonald"!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

LOL, Shelley is washed up but Bruins fans crying about clowns. First team to step in toe to toe and they are clowns. Guess what B's, you have met your EC match.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Sestito,Shelley, and Hartnell...:
    [QUOTE]Hartnell's big enough to go with Thornton - he turtled because the trade off was too far in Boston's favour.  He should get called out the same way Lucic got called out when he fought Orr and then backed off because his nose was broken. And you don't turtle just because you're likely to lose if you're going to run around.  If you're not prepared to lose a fight or two, don't run around like a preacher with a machine gun.  Otherwise, learn the term "inherent risk".  Marchand seems to know the risk and goes porcupine - you can come at me, but you might not like how I respond.  Better that than the George Michael Bluth routine.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

i don't think our 1st liners should fight skating clowns.  i didn't like the lucic/orr fight and i'm glad lucic never fought laraque.  what's the purpose of having thornton in the lineup if lucic has to fight clowns.

hartnell is a dirtbag, but his hit on kelly wasn't that bad.  he should be able to hit someone cleanly without having to fight a skating clown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

For sale, thicker skin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... : marchand would turtle too if shelley would want to fight him.  but i still love the little piece of sh!t.  hartnell has over 50 nhl fights, so he does fight.  he's just smart enough not to want to fight thornton or chara.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Shelley has 6 inches and 50 pounds on Marchand. Hartnell is basically the same size as Thornton (7 pounds less).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... : Shelley has 6 inches and 50 pounds on Marchand. Hartnell is basically the same size as Thornton (7 pounds less).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

ok, i'll give you that.  i think he would've turtled against rypien or he'd turtle against rinaldo.  i just wanted to give an example of our top 6 fw who plays on the edge and doesn't fight skating clowns.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... : ok, i'll give you that.  i think he would've turtled against rypien or he'd turtle against rinaldo.  i just wanted to give an example of our top 6 fw who plays on the edge and doesn't fight skating clowns.
    It seemed like you were sticking up for Hartnell so it just felt wrong. Cheers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... : It seemed like you were sticking up for Hartnell so it just felt wrong. Cheers.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

i just didn't think the hartnell hit on kelly was so bad.  i might have to look at it again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sestito,Sheely, and Hartnell... : i just didn't think the hartnell hit on kelly was so bad.  i might have to look at it again.
    I wasn't really being specific. I generally just like seeing Hartnell get punched and I think he should've been willing to fight Thornton after the hit. After all, he didn't mind jumping Boychuk after a clean hit on a Flyer earlier this year. Clean or not, sometimes you've got to answer the bell.

Sections
Shortcuts