Setoguchi 3m cap hit available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Setoguchi 3m cap hit available

Wild are up against the cap.   Setoguchi number wise are very solid.  He would add much needed speed and is a gritty player.   i think i would prefer him to iggy and briere.  

Any takers on this guy.   Likely would cost a 2nd rounder and a prospect.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Setoguchi 3m cap hit available

In response to shuperman's comment:

Wild are up against the cap.   Setoguchi number wise are very solid.  He would add much needed speed and is a gritty player.   i think i would prefer him to iggy and briere.  

Any takers on this guy.   Likely would cost a 2nd rounder and a prospect.   

I'll take him. Could actually fill in for Horton and do quite well. Good in the corners and has some scoring touch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I would be ok with him only if the term is short. Max 2 years. 

My opinion: he is known to be very streaky and if PC can ice a decent line up this coming season without committing long term to any new bodies, he can add some quality pieces once the cap goes up next year.

Then again, what do I know. I'm no genius..... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

trade peverley for a 3rd rounder and ship off a 2nd rounder and camper? sure thing. if it's koko or spooner i say no. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Funny, Peverley has a higher career ppg than Setagouchi.....is this really what the B's need? Rich can also take faceoffs and kill penalties, Setagouchi does neither.

Depends what the team gives up I guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

My opinion: he is known to be very streaky and if PC can ice a decent line up this coming season without committing long term to any new bodies, he can add some quality pieces once the cap goes up next year.

Then again, what do I know. I'm no genius..... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

he's not a free agent. he has one year left on his deal. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'd like him for the 3rd line but wouldn't pony up a 2nd for him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Funny, Peverley has a higher career ppg than Setagouchi.....is this really what the B's need?

Depends what the team gives up I guess.

seto is 26. i'll gladly bet on him improving. peverley is a bigger gamble. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

he's not a free agent. he has one year left on his deal. 

My bad. I thought he might be bought out.

But that's perfect. 1 year=Low risk, possible good reward. Doesn't work out, let him walk next off-season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Rich also can take faceoffs and kill penalties. Setagouchi does neither. Salaries are a wash.

Seems like a lateral move.....if it even happens at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Rich also can take faceoffs and kill penalties. Setagouchi does neither. Salaries are a wash.

setoguchi is pretty mucha lock for 20 goals a season, and if he plays with krejci or bergeron i would say 30 is certainly within reach. he's also much better on the powerplay. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Setoguchi (loafers) has one 30 gl season, a couple 20 gl seasons and a 19 gl season. At 26 yrs old he would be a good fit with Krejci & Lucic or on the Bergy line. He has wheels and the more i think about it would be a good fit at the right price. Get Stanley to call PC, lets do the deal!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seto avgs 20 goals a year and can fly.  He had 14 in this lockout year.   Killing penalties is only used on the resume if you dont offer much else.  Meaning is you work hard and can block a shot or two you are in.   Im sure he can be used in a pk role with his grit and speed.  Something this team badly needs.   When checking his stats hes a given for 20 every year cracking 30 one time.  without checking the stat line im wagering he hits more as well.  Bergie flanked with 2 rockets would be fun to watch.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Had 92 hits this year, more goals then horton.  He also gets over 100 hits a year.  Had 11 pp goals in the 30 goal year.   His speed would be a very nice thing.  i dont see a down grade here over horton at all.  Throw in that he is 26 and i think this is better then my sarich trade idea last year.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Seto avgs 20 goals a year and can fly.  He had 14 in this lockout year.   Killing penalties is only used on the resume if you dont offer much else.  Meaning is you work hard and can block a shot or two you are in.   Im sure he can be used in a pk role with his grit and speed.  Something this team badly needs.   When checking his stats hes a given for 20 every year cracking 30 one time.  without checking the stat line im wagering he hits more as well.  Bergie flanked with 2 rockets would be fun to watch.  

Tell that to CJ.....lol. Plus he is not much of a backchecker and has some disciplinary issues teamwise (he was suspended by SJ a couple of years back for team issues). I smell CJ's doghouse for him.

That said, you are right that the B's could use some speed and goalscoring potential.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tell that to CJ.....lol. Plus he is not much of a backchecker and has some disciplinary issues teamwise (he was suspended by SJ a couple of years back for team issues). I smell CJ's doghouse for him.

That said, you are right that the B's could use some speed and goalscoring potential.

Dont we have seguin doing that now?   Im sure chara and bergie could get him in check.  Hes also a few yrs older now.  I also believe that the peverly or kelly replacement will be caron.  You have your 3rd pk pairing.  

It will never happen but hes a name that im sure will get a lot of interest.  minny is up against the cap.  They cant buyout heatley bc he is injured.   For 3 million and numbers similar to horton im making a call   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Dont we have seguin doing that now?   Im sure chara and bergie could get him in check.  Hes also a few yrs older now.  I also believe that the peverly or kelly replacement will be caron.  You have your 3rd pk pairing.  

It will never happen but hes a name that im sure will get a lot of interest.  minny is up against the cap.  They cant buyout heatley bc he is injured.   For 3 million and numbers similar to horton im making a call   

haha....touche. I wonder if Seguin and Setagouchi would be roomates on the road? Worth a call, I agree.

That Heatley thing is just bad luck is it not? Minny wants to buy him out so badly you can taste it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

haha....touche. I wonder if Seguin and Setagouchi would be roomates on the road? Worth a call, I agree.

That Heatley thing is just bad luck is it not? Minny wants to buy him out so badly you can taste it.

Good chats.  If peverly is our 2nd line rw im buying a 22 bruins shirt when i visit in september. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I would take him in a heartbeat depending on what the bruins send to min.  Reasonable cap hit, speed, youngish, and can score. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just what the Bruins need another $3M a year player that has been waived in the past.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If peverly is our 2nd line rw im buying a 22 bruins shirt when i visit in september. 

Careful now....I may hold you to that.

Logging this one in the memory bank right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just what the Bruins need another $3M a year player that has been waived in the past.

Lots of good players have been placed on waivers before.   What part of his game dont you like?   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If peverly is our 2nd line rw im buying a 22 bruins shirt when i visit in september. 

Careful now....I may hold you to that.

Logging this one in the memory bank right now.

Haha.  Sounds good.  Im getting a chara one for my little guy.  getting a bergie and McQ for me.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think Set could be a nice fit. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 6m

MIN trades Devin Setoguchi to WPG for a draft pick.

Sections
Shortcuts