Settle down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Settle down.

Ok so I'm fence sitting.  Is that immoral or illegal in the world of hockey fandom? He's got something to prove to me before I ordain him as the next Bruins money goalie, which is what I want him to be.  I need to see it with my eyes because to this point, he hasn't shown that to me yet.  Doesn't mean I don't like him though.  He's a solid young goalie that I want to see get to the next level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Ok so I'm fence sitting.  Is that immoral or illegal in the world of hockey fandom? He's got something to prove to me before I ordain him as the next Bruins money goalie, which is what I want him to be.  I need to see it with my eyes because to this point, he hasn't shown that to me yet.  Doesn't mean I don't like him though.  He's a solid young goalie that I want to see get to the next level.

This response is not fence-sitting, this is critical of the guy.  Thank you for clarifying because as of last post you were a Tuukka guy.  Now you're not.  Very much looking forward to your next flip-flop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hang, you're a good guy, but you are very Bruins8 in this thread.

I'm behind you all the way here, Crowls.  You are 100% correct.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Defintely not immoral or illegal in any world.  I just hope that by tomorrow you can make up your mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

Following tonight's loss, the Bruins are 7-13 in closeout games under Claude Julien. They're 3-9 in non-Game 7 closeouts. It's still an obstacle. It's still alarming. It's still a nightmare.

There's really no other way to say it, sorry. At some point, this team has to learn not to leave everything they do until the absolute last minute. And when's the last time that they've done that? 2011 against Philadelphia? My God, that was barely a challenge. 2010 against Philly? You know how that ended.

Is the beginning of your screen name win or whine?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Following tonight's loss, the Bruins are 7-13 in closeout games under Claude Julien. They're 3-9 in non-Game 7 closeouts. It's still an obstacle. It's still alarming. It's still a nightmare.

There's really no other way to say it, sorry. At some point, this team has to learn not to leave everything they do until the absolute last minute. And when's the last time that they've done that? 2011 against Philadelphia? My God, that was barely a challenge. 2010 against Philly? You know how that ended.

He's jumping from thread to thread posting the exact same info. He's full of useless info.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm just looking for his ceiling.  Where is it?  Has he reached it or is there more?  Can he raise his game when the chips are down (cliche there for you NAS)?  When will we find out? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He's jumping from thread to thread posting the exact same info. He's full of useless info.

While playing a lot of closeout games can be a little annoying, it is also the result of spanking your opponent for most of the series.  Now some of our whiney, spoiled fans are complaining about not winning fast enough, I guess.

Warning: If you want continuous sweeps, play NHL 13 on rookie.  Actual competition and playoff hockey may be too unsettling for those with a weak stomach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

He needs to outduel Lundqvist.  That's all.

[/QUOTE]

UGH!! Again hang???? 

Rask doesn't need to out duel anybody! This is the dumbest thing in regards to goaltending talk! Rask cannot EVER have a dam thing to do with what Lundvquist does! Nor, the other way around! Rask DOES NOT, NOR EVER will have anything to do how his team, or the Rangers play in front of him! He cannot do the "jedi mind trick!" That's only in movies unless you believe in Haarp! The only thing Rask needs to do is "his job" which with the exception of last night he's done a pretty dam good one! For you to sit there & still be belly aching about this & put the 2010 sorely on Rask is being closed minded & stubborn! You're saying that Rask play in the Toronto series had nothing to do with them prevailing? Unless you really didn't watch the games & only hi-lights you obviously NEVER saw the save he made off Lupul in OT, or you forget. Which is not surprising considering how you're still trying to argue your point. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Warning: If you want continuous sweeps, play NHL 13 on rookie.  Actual competition and playoff hockey may be too unsettling for those with a weak stomach.

That's the only way to play!  I just started a new season for my franchise.  It's November, and I have 10 guys over +50 already.  The sad thing is, when it gets to +250, the counter breaks and starts going backwards.

My team after a few trades:

Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin

Marchand-Krejci-Gallagher

Caron-Zakharov-Kokachlev (or whatever)

Paille-Campbell-Sauve (they never see the ice...ever)

Chara-Hamilton

Grossman-Tinordi

Boychuk-McQuaid

Rask

Some Rookie goal

It's a lot of fun!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

UGH!! Again hang???? 

Rask doesn't need to out duel anybody! This is the dumbest thing in regards to goaltending talk! Rask cannot EVER have a dam thing to do with what Lundvquist does! Nor, the other way around! Rask DOES NOT, NOR EVER will have anything to do how his team, or the Rangers play in front of him! He cannot do the "jedi mind trick!" That's only in movies unless you believe in Haarp! The only thing Rask needs to do is "his job" which with the exception of last night he's done a pretty dam good one! For you to sit there & still be belly aching about this & put the 2010 sorely on Rask is being closed minded & stubborn! You're saying that Rask play in the Toronto series had nothing to do with them prevailing? Unless you really didn't watch the games & only hi-lights you obviously NEVER saw the save he made off Lupul in OT, or you forget. Which is not surprising considering how you're still trying to argue your point. 

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree Nite. One goalie cannot outduel another. Same for pitchers, and for quarterbacks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm just looking for his ceiling.  Where is it?  Has he reached it or is there more?  

Fair question(s) Hang. My answer is he showed me part of his ceiling against Miller in 2010. Ryan was in the midst of having one of the greatest seasons a goalie has ever had if you add the Olympics in the mix and Tuukka beat Buffalo.

Remember Tuukka was a backup until this year. Rask had a bad game last night, so did Thomas in the playoffs during his time in Boston. You will have the answer soon "There is more", I believe it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Totally agree Nite. One goalie cannot outduel another. Same for pitchers, and for quarterbacks.

People love to make stories.  It's pretty stupid.  Goalie A faces Goalie B!  No, Goalie A faces the forward and defensemen of the team that Goalie B plays for, nothing else!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One goalie cannot outduel another. Same for pitchers, and for quarterbacks.

Disagree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

UGH!! Again hang???? 

[/QUOTE]

I respectfully have to disagree kel.  Pitchers especially.  Vegas lines are based heavily on who is on the mound.

As far as goalies go, I think they can certainly outduel one another.  Goalie A can face 15 "easy" shots and give up 3 goals, while Goalie B faces 50, many of them testers, and give up only 2.  You can be sure the main topic of discussion after that game is the goaltending.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jack Morris lets in less runs, strikes out more batters, shuts down the opposing team and his opposing pitcher doesn't...that means Jack Morris outdueled the other teams pitcher.

Joe Montana completes more passes, plays better in the red zone and doesn't choke in pressure situations, he outdueled the opposing QB in the superbowl.

Rask played better than Miller in 2010, Miller twice gave up 3 goals in the series, Tuukka never gave up more than 3 and the Bruins advanced.

Outdueld applys

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Jack Morris lets in less runs, strikes out more batters, shuts down the opposing team and his opposing pitcher doesn't...that means Jack Morris outdueled the other teams pitcher.

Joe Montana completes more passes, plays better in the red zone and doesn't choke in pressure situations, he outdueled the opposing QB in the superbowl.

Rask played better than Miller in 2010, Miller twice gave up 3 goals in the series, Tuukka never gave up more than 3 and the Bruins advanced.

Outdueld applys

I'd argue Jack Morris outdueled the opposing teams hitters. Same for Montana. When Tom Brady and Belichick meet  for the game plan as they did on a show on NFL Network, not once did they mention Flacco. It was pretty much Ed Reed and Ray Lewis and all about the Ravens defense.

I totally get your point San, but for me duel means to go against someone. Actually face them.  One thing that always stuck with me. Remember the playoff game between the Sox and Yankees and the pitching matchup was Clemens and Pedro. Sox killed them and lit up Clemens. Clemens got an early hook and his postgame press conference he said "Well, I think I may have worn him out a bit", referring to Pedro. I hated that comment. How the heck did Clemens getting lit up by Sox hittters wear out Pedro?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I don't see where a couple of uncharacteristic gaffes means impending doom.  There are no echoes of Philly here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Outdueld applys

Imagine this:

It's 1988.  Roger Clemens takes the mound for Boston.  Jay Tibbs takes the mound for the Orioles.  Clemens breezes to an easy two hitter because the Orioles are a joke at the plate.  Tibbs is relieved in the third becaues he's awful and the Sox bats are not.

Did Clemens "outduel" Tibbs?  I'd say he didn't.  Clemens would have sawed through that team no matter who the opposing pitcher was, and Tibbs inability to do anything right on the mound had nothing to do with Clemens.  He just stunk.

---

Fantastic Goalie A plays for the #1 team in the NHL.  Fantastic Goalie B plays for a team that squeaked into the playoffs.  Fantastic Goalie A lets in two goals over the four game sweep as the anemic offense from the opposition posed nary a threat.  Fantastic Goalie B has a GAA of 4.25 as the mediocre defense in front of him lets most everything through.

Did FGA outduel FGB?  Not in my book.  One had no bearing on the other.  FGA would have had generally the same results no matter who was in the other net.  FGB had no chance when the series started.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I don't see where a couple of uncharacteristic gaffes means impending doom.  There are no echoes of Philly here.

Everytime the B's get up in a series 3-0 or 3-1 from here until all current coaches and players are gone from this roster they will be reminded of 2010, its what the media does and dwells on.As fans who witnessed it , the likelyhood of it happening again is rare as its happened 3 times in league history but the seed of doubt is there for the faint of heart.I myself think the Bruins have outplayed the Rags by a large margin in all 4 games and have no qualms in saying that theB's will win tomorrow.That being said i can see how some fans are nervous. Go B's and i hope the German tank is back in the line-up, if not i still think the B's win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

UGH!! Again hang???? 

I respectfully have to disagree kel.  Pitchers especially.  Vegas lines are based heavily on who is on the mound.

As far as goalies go, I think they can certainly outduel one another.  Goalie A can face 15 "easy" shots and give up 3 goals, while Goalie B faces 50, many of them testers, and give up only 2.  You can be sure the main topic of discussion after that game is the goaltending.

[/QUOTE]

Ok so are the Vegas lines saying that Rask wont play well enough to win 1 out the next 4 games? Better get ur bets in hang! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

One goalie cannot outduel another. Same for pitchers, and for quarterbacks.

Disagree

Go ahead, but ur still wrong. The goalies have no impact on what each other do in a course of a game. One can certainly play better than the other, but they can't out duel each other when neither has any impact to each others play. A goalie can out duel a certain shooter, but not the oppossing goalie. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I may be fence sitting.

If we did somehow blow three in a row vs NY, I wouldn't blame him solely.  I wouldn't beg for them to let him walk.  I wouldn't say he was incapable of winning the big game.

Tuuka had great numbers this year playing for a team whose style is defensive by design.  He plays solid positionally so at times he does not get the credit TT got for style.  I am not sure if Rask is elite or not.  I think he he may have a chance to prove he is during this playoff run.  That is where these things are proven. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm just looking for his ceiling.  Where is it?  Has he reached it or is there more?  Can he raise his game when the chips are down (cliche there for you NAS)?  When will we find out? 

I think the chips were down when we trailed by 3 goals against the leafs.  I think he saved our season with the breakaway stop and huge saves on lupol in ot.  

i was very cautious with rask before the playoffs.  But this guy is an elite goalie.  

im not worried 

Sections
Shortcuts