Settle down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Settle down.

Bruins are up 3-1, not down 3-1..What happened a a couple of years ago against the Flyers has nothing to do with this series. Nor does the Toronto series.

The Rangers won last night and needed the Bruins help in doing so. That team did not come out like a 3-0 team desperate for their playoff lives.

Unbeleivable how many of you are Rask doubters now because he caught a rut and had poor communication with Chara.

They go up 3-0 and people are drawing comparisons to the 2010-11 Cup run.

They lose 48 hours later and we are getting 2009-10 Flyer series comments, from the same people.

Settle down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Settle down.

NO! we're in full panic mode, remember? Rangers have all the juice. Lundquist is going to pitch 3 straight shutouts.

Lurch is a hack we should trade him for Tyler Myers immediately. Rask has sh!t himself, there is no way he can recover. I can't believe Chia pet could construct such an ill conceived roster. We're doomed I tell ya! DOOOOOOMED!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Bruins are up 3-1, not down 3-1..What happened a a couple of years ago against the Flyers has nothing to do with this series. Nor does the Toronto series.

The Rangers won last night and needed the Bruins help in doing so. That team did not come out like a 3-0 team desperate for their playoff lives.

Unbeleivable how many of you are Rask doubters now because he caught a rut and had poor communication with Chara.

They lose 48 hours later and we are getting 2009-10 Flyer series comments, from the same people.

Settle down.

Well said, kel. 

Calm down, up 3-1 not down 3-1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good post kel.  If by chance you are in any way referencing my thread titled "Pressure is on Rask", you will notice I did not once specifically reference the 2010 Flyers series in that thread, because you are right - what happened then has nothing to do with this current series vs NYR.   Maybe others did - but not me. 

However,  I like to rate athletes based on their big game performances. Guys who thrive on the pressure and in the spotlight have a God given gift that not all athletes can lay claim to.  To name a few: Big Papi, Brady, Montana, Billy Smith, Bird, Magic, even TT for one glorious spring...and of course there are others. 

My question was and remains, is Rask one of the above, or is he just a wannabe?  We don't know the answer yet but we will soon find out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Good post kel.  If by chance you are in any way referencing my thread titled "Pressure is on Rask", you will notice I did not once specifically reference the 2010 Flyers series in that thread, because you are right - what happened then has nothing to do with this current series vs NYR.   Maybe others did - but not me. 

However,  I like to rate athletes based on their big game performances. Guys who thrive on the pressure and in the spotlight have a God given gift that not all athletes can lay claim to.  To name a few: Big Papi, Brady, Montana, Billy Smith, Bird, Magic, even TT for one glorious spring...and of course there are others. 

My question was and remains, is Rask one of the above, or is he just a wannabe?  We don't know the answer yet but we will soon find out.

Wonder what you meant by this?

"They weren't up 3-0 on the Leafs.  This is his first series being up 3-0 since, well, you know."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

"They weren't up 3-0 on the Leafs.  This is his first series being up 3-0 since, well, you know."

I don't see "Philadelphia" or "2010" anywhere, do you?

Look Crowls.  The team is playing great hockey.  Big time players have stepped up and played well enough that they should have ended it last night.  They didn't.  The only guy, in my opinion, who needs to play his absolute best game in order to close this out tomorrow and gain the trust of his team and fans is between the pipes - because he hasn't shown yet that he can do it.  I hope he does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

NO! we're in full panic mode, remember? Rangers have all the juice. Lundquist is going to pitch 3 straight shutouts.

Lurch is a hack we should trade him for Tyler Myers immediately. Rask has sh!t himself, there is no way he can recover. I can't believe Chia pet could construct such an ill conceived roster. We're doomed I tell ya! DOOOOOOMED!

+1!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Look Crowls.  The team is playing great hockey.  Big time players have stepped up and played well enough that they should have ended it last night.  They didn't.  The only guy, in my opinion, who needs to play his absolute best game in order to close this out tomorrow and gain the trust of his team and fans is between the pipes - because he hasn't shown yet that he can do it.  I hope he does.

No problem that you don't want to answer the question.

Guy between the pipes has my trust and would imagine he has the trust of his teammates and coaches.  Folks want to reference 2010, but never mention Rask outplaying Miller in the 1st series.  Remember that?  The B's went down in game 1, then ripped off 3 stright W's?  They dropped game 5, and closed it out in 6?  How about his play in the Leafs series?  Any reason to be encouraged there?  How about his play in games 1-3 of this series? 

You still want to dwell on the ghosts of the past, even though you won't man up and admit it.  Rask is the only guy that should be held accountable for the 2010 Philly collapse?  Him alone? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

So out-dueling Miller when he was at the top of his game wouldn't be considered gaining the trust of his teammates and fans? He can't do much more than out-duel a Vezina winner... Unless of course he does it again. Or he could always post the best GAA and SVP in the league. Or maybe he could be rated the hardest goalie to play against in the league by his colleagues. Or maybe he could be the fastest goalie to reach 100 wins ever?

Did I leave anything out?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

What, me worry? Bs will win this series. Chillax folks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I picked the Bruins in 6, so while I'm hoping for a 5 game series, I'll start worrying when I am proven wrong and it goes to game 7.  

Until then, I believe the better team will win and I believe that team wears black and gold.  Like most of the roster, I've been through this before and I'm not going to freak out until the B's are shorthanded in the OT of game 7.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I am not one to count chickens before they hatch but didn't the Bruins already excercise their demons of the 3-0 series lead against the Flyers in 2011 when they swept their as*ses in the 2nd round en route to the cup ? Too many people digging up the past.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Guy between the pipes has my trust and would imagine he has the trust of his teammates and coaches.  Folks want to reference 2010, but never mention Rask outplaying Miller in the 1st series.  Remember that?  The B's went down in game 1, then ripped off 3 stright W's?  They dropped game 5, and closed it out in 6?  How about his play in the Leafs series?  Any reason to be encouraged there?  How about his play in games 1-3 of this series? 

You still want to dwell on the ghosts of the past, even though you won't man up and admit it.  Rask is the only guy that should be held accountable for the 2010 Philly collapse?  Him alone? 

You're the one dwelling on the past, not me.  I want to look forward and have him play the game of his life tomorrow.  I think it's important for the team, for him and for the fans that he does.

And if you insist on talking about 2010, then I would say he should should shoulder a lot of the blame for Game 7.  He had a 3 goal lead and didn't hang on.  Sometimes your goalie has to be the best player on the ice, he wasn't.

I hope the results are different tomorrow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

So out-dueling Miller when he was at the top of his game wouldn't be considered gaining the trust of his teammates and fans? He can't do much more than out-duel a Vezina winner... Unless of course he does it again. Or he could always post the best GAA and SVP in the league. Or maybe he could be rated the hardest goalie to play against in the league by his colleagues. Or maybe he could be the fastest goalie to reach 100 wins ever?

He needs to outduel Lundqvist.  That's all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

He needs to outduel Lundqvist.  That's all.

Maybe Henrik needs to outduel Rask.  What has he proven?

I think Rask just needs to match Lundquist and give his team a chance to win.  Like he has been.  You know, 3 out of 4 games so far this series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Agreed and I hope it's 4 out of 5 tomorrow night

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

You're the one dwelling on the past, not me.  I want to look forward and have him play the game of his life tomorrow.  I think it's important for the team, for him and for the fans that he does.

And if you insist on talking about 2010, then I would say he should should shoulder a lot of the blame for Game 7.  He had a 3 goal lead and didn't hang on.  Sometimes your goalie has to be the best player on the ice, he wasn't.

I hope the results are different tomorrow.

Right.  I'm the one living in the past?  Weak argument from your end. 

You couldn't handle the loss last night, so you went after Rask.  You created a thread questioning his mental toughness; "Pressure on Rask".  You are still angry about 2010.  You still blame him for that.  You continue to fail to see what he has accomplished, rather focus on what he has not done.

Sorry hang, you don't trust the guy, that's fine.  Your opinion.  Man up and own it, stop sitting on the fence.  He needs to out-duel Lundquist to prove it you?  He is doing just that.  The Bruins are up 3-1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Settle down.

Thanks Kel -- been boiling all day about last nights loss. No problem with Boyle's PP goal or even Kreider's OT winner. They were both well executed goals. The fact that they even had a power play due to too many men was a mental error. Rask and Chara -- more mental errors due to lack of focus still has me shaking my head considering a game that big.

Really working hard at settling down. Your comments somewhat therapeutic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

You couldn't handle the loss last night, so you went after Rask.  You created a thread questioning his mental toughness; "Pressure on Rask".  You are still angry about 2010.  You still blame him for that.  You continue to fail to see what he has accomplished, rather focus on what he has not done.

Sorry hang, you don't trust the guy, that's fine.  Your opinion.  Man up and own it, stop sitting on the fence.  He needs to out-duel Lundquist to prove it you?  He is doing just that.  The Bruins are up 3-1.

[/QUOTE]

Three sentences that couldn't be further from the truth.  You're a lousy mind reader Crowls!  Let's revisit this tomorrow.  I will gladly eat crow if Tuukka performs as I hope he does. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Definetly vary dissapointing loss Rangers were dead,Bruins picked them up and gave them CPR,But try again tommorow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Three sentences that couldn't be further from the truth.  You're a lousy mind reader Crowls!  Let's revisit this tomorrow.  I will gladly eat crow if Tuukka performs as I hope he does. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  But consistent with your approach.  You want to leave to leave the door open for a "Stanley-esque", I told you so moment.  Thinking Khudo too? 

Rask won't win with you.  If they win  tomorrow, great.  You'll be out here celebrating the win. If they lose tomorrow or in the next series, you will play your "Rask can't be trusted" card.  Either way, you'll have an answer.  Weak on your part, that's fence-sitting.  For the 3rd time; Man Up and just say you think the kid sucks.

IMO, kid's a real good goalie.  Too bad you can't see that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Nope.  But consistent with your approach.  You want to leave to leave the door open for a "Stanley-esque", I told you so moment.  Thinking Khudo too? 

Rask won't win with you.  If they win  tomorrow, great.  You'll be out here celebrating the win. If they lose tomorrow or in the next series, you will play your "Rask can't be trusted" card.  Either way, you'll have an answer.  Weak on your part, that's fence-sitting.  For the 3rd time; Man Up and just say you think the kid sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Again you're all wet with your assessment of my thoughts.  I  like Tuukka and I'm glad we have him.  I'll leave it at that unless you can somehow turn those words into "Rask can't be trusted".  I'm sure you will.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Again you're all wet with your assessment of my thoughts.  I  like Tuukka and I'm glad we have him.  I'll leave it at that unless you can somehow turn those words into "Rask can't be trusted".  I'm sure you will.

[/QUOTE]

You're the "Pressure is on Rask" guy.  Am I off on that?  That is your post from last night, right? You've questioned his mental toughness and cast aspersions on his ability.  Still, when called out, you refuse to own it. 

Now you are a Tuukka guy? Gald we have him?  Good to know that and thanks for the flip-flop.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

hang, I don't mind you're argument, but you are fence sitting.  

Whatever happens in the game tomorrow is very, very unlikely to be a referendum on Rask.  So far he is getting the job done.  If he pitches a shutout or gives up 8 goals tomorrow, maybe you can make some new judgement on him, but really you have had plenty to see already.  Decide if you trust him or not.  Game 5 against the Rangers shouldn't change it.

Somebody pull up the Thomas threads from 2011 during the Tampa series, when he had a few stinkers.  A lot of "we can't trust him" arguments there... 

Just go one way or the other at this point.  I trust Rask.  If he totally blows up in the next three games and loses the series, I'll admit I was wrong about him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Really ?  Then why would you start such a thread in the first place ?  It wasn't necessary

Sections
Shortcuts