Settle down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Settle down.

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

He needs to outduel Lundqvist.  That's all.

UGH!! Again hang???? 

Rask doesn't need to out duel anybody! This is the dumbest thing in regards to goaltending talk! Rask cannot EVER have a dam thing to do with what Lundvquist does! Nor, the other way around! Rask DOES NOT, NOR EVER will have anything to do how his team, or the Rangers play in front of him! He cannot do the "jedi mind trick!" That's only in movies unless you believe in Haarp! The only thing Rask needs to do is "his job" which with the exception of last night he's done a pretty dam good one! For you to sit there & still be belly aching about this & put the 2010 sorely on Rask is being closed minded & stubborn! You're saying that Rask play in the Toronto series had nothing to do with them prevailing? Unless you really didn't watch the games & only hi-lights you obviously NEVER saw the save he made off Lupul in OT, or you forget. Which is not surprising considering how you're still trying to argue your point. 

Totally agree Nite. One goalie cannot outduel another. Same for pitchers, and for quarterbacks.

I respectfully have to disagree kel.  Pitchers especially.  Vegas lines are based heavily on who is on the mound.

As far as goalies go, I think they can certainly outduel one another.  Goalie A can face 15 "easy" shots and give up 3 goals, while Goalie B faces 50, many of them testers, and give up only 2.  You can be sure the main topic of discussion after that game is the goaltending.

Ok so are the Vegas lines saying that Rask wont play well enough to win 1 out the next 4 games? Better get ur bets in hang! 

[/QUOTE]

Come on nite I never have and never will bet against the B's!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I don't see where a couple of uncharacteristic gaffes means impending doom.  There are no echoes of Philly here.

Everytime the B's get up in a series 3-0 or 3-1 from here until all current coaches and players are gone from this roster they will be reminded of 2010, its what the media does and dwells on.As fans who witnessed it , the likelyhood of it happening again is rare as its happened 3 times in league history but the seed of doubt is there for the faint of heart.I myself think the Bruins have outplayed the Rags by a large margin in all 4 games and have no qualms in saying that theB's will win tomorrow. That being said i can see how some fans are nervous. Go B's and i hope the German tank is back in the line-up, if not i still think the B's win.

Lightning won't strike twice, 50.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

since when do serious hockey fans believe the media ? Go Bruins, play hard, play smart, and play tough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

since when do serious hockey fans believe the media ? Go Bruins, play hard, play smart, and play tough.

Exactly, bogie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if the will and effort are there, the bruins will be preparing themselves for the ECF. they want to win this game MORE than we want them to win it. sit back with your favorite beverage and enjoy the game tonight guys. i know i certainly will. what's not to love about being up 3-1 in the series, playing in front of their home crowd, chance to move on to the ECF? this team has been there and done that, and will not be fazed by the situation(see game 7 vs. leafs). skate hard, play hard, hit hard. GO BRUINS!!!!    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Didn't some guy named Seguin score and then some rookie whose names rhymes with Boog make a play that Bourque used to do, carry the puck from in front of the goalie and bring it out--or what Orr used to do in his sleep? B's will takes this series, it's just a matter of time now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When the B's were down 3 goals, who gave them an iota of a chance? This is all house money the B's are playing with. If we are going to go back in time to series played in 2010, then I'll go back to being down 2-0 v. Montreal and Vancouver. Who cares, it never applies to what's current. It's always historic moments v. current time. Did anyone beg for Vinatieri when Gostkowski made 2 clutch kicks in the playoffs this year? Nope. Rask is fine, the B's are fine. And the Rangers aren't that good, and were very lucky just to win a game in this series. The Leafs are/were better in several areas that the Rangers are not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Outdueld applys

I'd argue Jack Morris outdueled the opposing teams hitters.

I totally get your point San, but for me duel means to go against someone. Actually face them.  How the heck did Clemens getting lit up by Sox hittters wear out Pedro?

Your point is a fair and I understand but Pedro shutdown a more potent lineup therfore Fat Roger was out-dueled in my book, Martinez rose to the occasion and pitched better. If Tuukka never lets up more than 3 goals in the series against the Sabres and the 2010 all-world goaltender Miller does it twice, Rask out-dueled Ryan.

"Jay Tibbs takes the mound for the Orioles."

You overlooked the fact that the pitcher you mentioned would never face Morris, Martinez or Clemens in a meaningful playoff game. Your point is moot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

When the B's were down 3 goals, who gave them an iota of a chance? This is all house money the B's are playing with. If we are going to go back in time to series played in 2010, then I'll go back to being down 2-0 v. Montreal and Vancouver. Who cares, it never applies to what's current. It's always historic moments v. current time. Did anyone beg for Vinatieri when Gostkowski made 2 clutch kicks in the playoffs this year? Nope. Rask is fine, the B's are fine. And the Rangers aren't that good, and were very lucky just to win a game in this series. The Leafs are/were better in several areas that the Rangers are not.

Thats what i've seen for 4 games now and i don't expect it change.The Bruins are the better team and even when Lundqvist played all world in game 3 the B's still won. The Bruins will be ready tonight and there won't be any gaffes to save the Rags this time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Jay Tibbs takes the mound for the Orioles."

You overlooked the fact that the pitcher you mentioned would never face Morris, Martinez or Clemens in a meaningful playoff game. Your point is moot.

Sorry.  I didn't know the phrase was playoffs only.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Bruins are up 3-1, not down 3-1..What happened a a couple of years ago against the Flyers has nothing to do with this series. Nor does the Toronto series.

The Rangers won last night and needed the Bruins help in doing so. That team did not come out like a 3-0 team desperate for their playoff lives.

Unbeleivable how many of you are Rask doubters now because he caught a rut and had poor communication with Chara.

They go up 3-0 and people are drawing comparisons to the 2010-11 Cup run.

They lose 48 hours later and we are getting 2009-10 Flyer series comments, from the same people.

Settle down.

you tell em buddy...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Sorry to be a downer here but this is the basis for my hopefully warped unnecessary paranoia.

Forget the first 4 games and who won what game in whatever order. The B's are up 3-1 and coming home -- same scenario as Toronto. B's were last minute life and death vs Leafs.

Are the Rangers a better team than Toronto -- Yes
    Is Lundqvist a better goalie than Reimer -- Yes
    Is Lundqvist a better goalie than Rask -- your call
    Lundqvist in elimination games -- 6-1
    Rask in elimination games -- Ouch
    Rangers last game broke thru 2 lingering droughts--PP goal & OT Playoff Win

I guess over the last 50+ years of following this team -- I've witnessed way too much. I guess because it's the Rangers I'm a bit more worried. The thought of facing all the dipsht Ranger fans I work with has me a bit more nervous. Praying I can come back to this board tonight with sincere apologies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

What does Rask's play THREE YEARS AGO have to do with today's game?

If we're going to use irrelevant stats, there is only one that matters:

CUP RINGS

Rask:  1

Lundqvist:  ZERO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In this series, is there a clear-cut better performer between Lundqvist and Rask? No, there is not. Can either goalie steal a game? Yes, yes they can. What's all the paranoia about? Just getcha popcorn ready and enjoy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

What does Rask's play THREE YEARS AGO have to do with today's game?

If we're going to use irrelevant stats, there is only one that matters:

CUP RINGS

Rask:  1

Lundqvist:  ZERO

Not sure what his real contribution was in the rights to wear that ring -- but after watching tonights game -- my paranoia was unfounded and as promised -- my apologies to all. 

Sections
Shortcuts