Shadow Kane

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Shadow Kane

I wonder if this is worth considering.  Hossa is running about 50%, Toews may not play and if he does, you know he'll be limited.  The guy who's doing all the damage right now is Kane.  So - put Peverley on him as a shadow - Peverley could play on Krejci's line in Horton's spot if they want to keep that matchup.  Kane was useless for a couple of games when they tried to get him the puck.  Now he's effective because he disappears into the weeds and the loose pucks are going to him when he's open.  If Peverley is standing in front of him?  Maybe he doesn't pot those goals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Shadow Kane

No question he needs some added attention, especially since his second goal last night was on DK, he didn't come back hard enough to cover him. IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Interesting thought Book, but I'm going with "trust the system" on this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Two rebounds straight to Kane's stick. Of all Chicago players for those rebounds to bounce too...Fudge! Other than those two lucky rebounds I thought the Bruins D contained Kane pretty well.

Somehwere Steve Kasper is smiling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You're correct he's streaky , just the way he was in the other series. Against Wings and after L.A. he hadn't scored till late in those series.  Maybe he peaked too soon now : )

Bruins have the last change therefore they can shut him down tomorrow, what they should do is soften him up, hit him every chance you get.  This is when he disappears and takes a while to come back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Makes sense to me.

I think they stil need to create more good scoring chances, but if the hawks can't score, then it's pretty even, cause the B's aren't doing much in that department. 

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

He doesn't hit. He doesn't battle in the corners. But you need him on your team at a time like this.

We have a guy like this, but everyone wants him to hit and battle, and he does and has been. So he can't make it at a like this.

Patrick Kane is the difference in this series - never mind Toews.

Kane has never hit anyone in the NHL, he has never battled for a puck in any corner of any NHL rink. After a game, he rarely has a bruise on his body.

All he does is cause panic in the other teams end.

We have a guy like that, but no-one wants him to play like that. So he doesn't, to make everyone happy.

Patrick Kane will be able to play in the league until he's 50, the way he plays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Interesting thought Book, but I'm going with "trust the system" on this one.

Thats what i think as well, as Sandog mentioned Kane got 2 fortunate bounces and buried them, thats what goal scorers do. Other than that he did his perimeter stickhandling, nice to watch but not doing much damage. One change i did like was the Chara/Seids split, this coud work well if Toews is not playing. B's take game 6 and then its flip a coin. Go B'ss!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

He doesn't hit. He doesn't battle in the corners. But you need him on your team at a time like this.

We have a guy like this, but everyone wants him to hit and battle, and he does and has been. So he can't make it at a like this.

Kane has never hit anyone in the NHL, he has never battled for a puck in any corner of any NHL rink. After a game, he rarely has a bruise on his body.

We have a guy like that, but no-one wants him to play like that. So he doesn't, to make everyone happy.

I did see him go after Ference behind the net, he must have summoned his inner Keith Magnusson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Patrick Kane will be able to play in the league until he's 50, the way he plays.

Good point.