Shanahan to join Leafs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Shanahan to join Leafs

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10764108/brendan-shanahan-leave-league-office-toronto-maple-leafs-role

He has his work cut out for him. Say goodbye to Carlyle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: Shanahan to join Leafs

Actually, they could use him on the ice. Hopefully for them his hockey decisions make more sense than his "pull a rabbit out of a hat" style of giving out suspensions. Wanted the B's to draft him back in 87 but he went a pick ahead of ours (Wesley)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10764108/brendan-shanahan-leave-league-office-toronto-maple-leafs-role

He has his work cut out for him. Say goodbye to Carlyle.

I'd heard that on THE FAN 590's Primetime Sports this afternoon, kel. The panel suggested he'd be a link between big cheese Liewike and Nonis. Seems to be the thing to do lately with Neely, LaFontaine and now Linden. Leafs also had Ken Dryden several years ago. At least then they made the playoffs.

For the last couple of days there was talk of Liewike approaching Gretzky for the role but it was largely dismissed by some over the idea he and especially his wife wouldn't want to spend a winter in T. O. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think this is a great move! The shot in the arm the Leafs needed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I think he did great with his previous job, and will do well in toronto. The division may have just gotten more interesting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I wonder what Rick Vaive thinks about this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I predict this begins a major turn around in Toronto.

I hate the move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Never worked in the front office of any organization ever unlike Yzerman and he isn't going to coach, never has anyways. 

What exactly is he going to do ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

No more Shanabans??? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Never worked in the front office of any organization ever unlike Yzerman and he isn't going to coach, never has anyways. 

[/QUOTE]

I think being in charge of player safety certainly put him in a front office that was bigger than just one organization. I think it counts. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Book? Hello? Book? :P

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He could beat up clarkson and phaneuf until they retire early

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Two thumbs up on this post! 

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I predict this begins a major turn around in Toronto.

I hate the move.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Quintal his replacement -- blast from the past. What capacity has he been in to get the honors?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.  Pay attention

2.  Stop stupid actions

That right there will put the team in 6th overall in two years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE]

What exactly is he going to do ? [/QUOTE]

He could beat up clarkson and phaneuf until they retire early [/QUOTE]

That would be his first order of business for sure. He is going to need some time as the President of hockey operations since he didn't go the route Yzerman went. Steve Y spent time with Detroit's scouting staff and that was a huge plus.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.  Pay attention

2.  Stop stupid actions

That right there will put the team in 6th overall in two years.

[/QUOTE]

That's his job title. President In Charge Of Not Doing Stupid Stuff

Sections
Shortcuts