Shane Doan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Shane Doan

Little Early for this topic but the board is pretty dry right now!  I know PC has a wish list and trys to get the wheels in motion for potential acquistions way before they transpire.  Knowing this I think Shane Doan has to be someone he should pursue if the right dynamics are in place.  Shane is at the end of his deal with this year left at 4.5 mill.  You have to think he is ready to move on given the situation there.  Hoping that the Coyotes arent in the playoff mix this season this would be the perfect player for the Bruins to acquire this upcoming season.  Shane is that great guy and leader that could give the Bruins the spark and drive they will need to repeat.  He has never one a cup in his long carreer and will be hungry to do so.  Not to mention he would make a great Bruin. 

Its just nice to know that this is now a desired location for players to land!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

Re: Shane Doan

spelling aside, he would make a great bruin, but phoenix might ask for too much. i don't think i would give up more than a 2nd rounder for him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No room!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would have to agree with the manacing Grizzly above.  I don't see where he fits in.  They might grab a veteran role player (Stillman maybe?) for the season, but I think this team needs to test the youth and organizational depth this year.  They have a full squad coming back with plenty of veterans and leaders (and 20 guys with rings!).  Covering for injuries or needed energy should, hopefully, come from Providence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

No room for 2 captains.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Shane Doan:
    [QUOTE]Little Early for this topic but the board is pretty dry right now!  I know PC has a wish list and trys to get the wheels in motion for potential acquistions way before they transpire.  Knowing this I think Shane Doan has to be someone he should pursue if the right dynamics are in place.  Shane is at the end of his deal with this year left at 4.5 mill.  You have to think he is ready to move on given the situation there.  Hoping that the Coyotes arent in the playoff mix this season this would be the perfect player for the Bruins to acquire this upcoming season.  Shane is that great guy and leader that could give the Bruins the spark and drive they will need to repeat.  He has never one a cup in his long carreer and will be hungry to do so.  Not to mention he would make a great Bruin.  Its just nice to know that this is now a desired location for players to land!
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

He should be sent back to the Jets.  I would like him in Boston but I am not sure where in the lineup he would fit. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

After Mikkel Boedker was signed I read that Don Maloney would then turn his attention to extending Mr. Coyote Shane Doan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If & that's a big IF Shane Doan was available at the end of this current contract. I would want PC to make room! This guy plays every shift like it's his last. He's the epitome of what a hockey player is on the ice & off it! I'm actually surprised by the negative comments by knowledgeable posters on this. Just because we won the cup ONCE in 39yrs. Do we just sit back now? As Bruin fans we "used" to glue our selves on these types of players; now we're saying "no room"? I don't understand this at ALL! I hope PC does a cart wheel; somersault & a handstand to bring him in if the opportunity presents itself!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Doan:
    [QUOTE]If & that's a big IF Shane Doan was available at the end of this current contract. I would want PC to make room! This guy plays every shift like it's his last. He's the epitome of what a hockey player is on the ice & off it! I'm actually surprised by the negative comments by knowledgeable posters on this. Just because we won the cup ONCE in 39yrs. Do we just sit back now? As Bruin fans we "used" to glue our selves on these types of players; now we're saying "no room"? I don't understand this at ALL! I hope PC does a cart wheel; somersault & a handstand to bring him in if the opportunity presents itself!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

How well did that work, gluing ourselves to those players? 

I want to see the guys on the team play, and I want to see the players in Providence have a chance. 

Doan has been playing first line minutes in Phoenix (Winnepeg) almost since Day One.

Tell me, where would you place Doan on the Boston Bruins?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : How well did that work, gluing ourselves to those players?  I want to see the guys on the team play, and I want to see the players in Providence have a chance.  Doan has been playing first line minutes in Phoenix (Winnepeg) almost since Day One. Tell me, where would you place Doan on the Boston Bruins?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Well Terry O'Reilly; John Weinsek; Stan Jonathan; Cam Neely & Milan Lucic worked out very well I think.
    I'd put him with Bergy & Marshand. The same place Recchi was. I haven't seen or heard of anyone in Prov that would be worth taking a place of a Shane Doan. Also; you'll have this whole season to see what the Prov boys have to offer. I'm talking as the original poster stated- next year. IF there's someone that comes along & they show me that they maybe able to bring something that benefits the club more than a Doan. Then I'll retract my statement. For right now? The Krazy glue works just fine on my end. Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Well Terry O'Reilly; John Weinsek; Stan Jonathan; Cam Neely & Milan Lucic worked out very well I think. I'd put him with Bergy & Marshand. The same place Recchi was. I haven't seen or heard of anyone in Prov that would be worth taking a place of a Shane Doan. Also; you'll have this whole season to see what the Prov boys have to offer. I'm talking as the original poster stated- next year. IF there's someone that comes along & they show me that they maybe able to bring something that benefits the club more than a Doan. Then I'll retract my statement. For right now? The Krazy glue works just fine on my end.

i do agree that we dont have a fill in for that line.  Doan would look great in a Bruins uniform.  Classy classy guy who plays hard everynight.  Hey maybe some of that would rub off on RatMarchand

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Well Terry O'Reilly; John Weinsek; Stan Jonathan; Cam Neely & Milan Lucic worked out very well I think. I'd put him with Bergy & Marshand. The same place Recchi was. I haven't seen or heard of anyone in Prov that would be worth taking a place of a Shane Doan. Also; you'll have this whole season to see what the Prov boys have to offer. I'm talking as the original poster stated- next year. IF there's someone that comes along & they show me that they maybe able to bring something that benefits the club more than a Doan. Then I'll retract my statement. For right now? The Krazy glue works just fine on my end.

Number of Cups:

Wensink:  0
    Jonathan:  0
    O'Reilly:  0
    Neely (as a player):  0

I want to see Peverley or Seguin on the second line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Number of Cups: Wensink:  0 Jonathan:  0 O'Reilly:  0 Neely (as a player):  0 I want to see Peverley or Seguin on the second line.
    NAS? So you're saying you didn't like any of these players when they played? You're saying they didn't fit the Boston blue collar type? So because Peverly was part of a cup winning team. You're saying you'd take a Peverly over a Neely?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In the past 3 seasons, Doan has scored a total of 6 more goals than Ryder.
    Also, Doan would cost the bruins, Spooner, and/or Knight in a package, or maybe Rask, in a one for one.
    I would much rather see Seguin get a chance at the #2 RW.
    Maybe Chiarelli could take a shot at Doan nearer the trade deadline.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Why do people want Tyler Seguin to play more, yet want to ad players who would take his ice time away?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]   In the past 3 seasons, Doan has scored a total of 6 more goals than Ryder. Also, Doan would cost the bruins, Spooner, and/or Knight in a package, or maybe Rask, in a one for one. I would much rather see Seguin get a chance at the #2 RW. Maybe Chiarelli could take a shot at Doan nearer the trade deadline.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
    If he waits till July, 1/12. PC won't have to give up anybody. I never said to go after him now. I'm talking in the situation that the original poster said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : If he waits till July, 1/12. PC won't have to give up anybody. I never said to go after him now. I'm talking in the situation that the original poster said.

Sorry nite. The way I read it, Samsonov was talking about this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Number of Cups: Wensink:  0 Jonathan:  0 O'Reilly:  0 Neely (as a player):  0 I want to see Peverley or Seguin on the second line.

The pointing out 'how many cups they have' reasoning. Ugggh. Doan would be good with the Bruins. Love the way he plays. But because of being in the salary cap era it makes it harder to bring in a player like this. That's the reason. Not for the number of cups he has on his resume.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Doan is obviously a very good player, but I tend to go with the "where do we play him" perspective. I , too would like to see how Seguin progresses on a line with Bergeron/Marchand. I also would like to see how Caron will fit in, and if they can make Pouliot step up. There allready exists "character' in Bergeron, Kelly,Campbell and Chara, Seidenberg; so let's see where Claude can take this team. Doan doesn't necessarily fill a weak spot unless you put him on the 4th line and roll four lines equally  [ not really an advocate]. would he solve the PP problem?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Doan is obviously a very good player, but I tend to go with the "where do we play him" perspective. I , too would like to see how Seguin progresses on a line with Bergeron/Marchand. I also would like to see how Caron will fit in, and if they can make Pouliot step up. There allready exists "character' in Bergeron, Kelly,Campbell and Chara, Seidenberg; so let's see where Claude can take this team. Doan doesn't necessarily fill a weak spot unless you put him on the 4th line and roll four lines equally  [ not really an advocate]. would he solve the PP problem?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

If the Bruins were that strong that they'd put Doan on the 4th line to fill a weak spot they'd be able to beat any team in the history of NHL.

They are not and neither is Doan a 4th liner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

For Shane Doan, PHX would want a package of prospects and picks.  Especially Rask.

I would rather go with Plan-B: Cory Stillman might be a nice fit.  He could specialize on PP. 

But we already have a project in Benoit Pouliot. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : NAS? So you're saying you didn't like any of these players when they played? You're saying they didn't fit the Boston blue collar type? So because Peverly was part of a cup winning team. You're saying you'd take a Peverly over a Neely?

Doan is not Neely. 

At this point in time, on this Bruins team, I'd prefer Rich Peverley over Shane Doan on the second line.  The B's have plenty of big bodies who can bang.  They're not a wimp squad like the Habs or the Canucks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Doan:[QUOTE]Why do people want Tyler Seguin to play more, yet want to ad players who would take his ice time away?
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Post of the thread!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people want Tyler Seguin to play more, yet want to ad players who would take his ice time away?
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

You've nailed it OastesCam.  Exactly.  The long term success of the Bruins will come from the successful development of prospects and young talent, combined with their core and a few free agent role players to fill the gaps -- not from signing an expensive former star every year.  Doan is a great player, but most of his talents are not needed on this team (leadership, toughness, etc).  Don't sign what you already have.

There is constant clamoring here for the speedy development of Seguin, Marchand, Caron.....Spooner, Knight, etc.  These guys can't develop if every good opportunity for ice time in Boston is filled by a verteran from another team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Doan is not Neely.  At this point in time, on this Bruins team, I'd prefer Rich Peverley over Shane Doan on the second line.  The B's have plenty of big bodies who can bang.  They're not a wimp squad like the Habs or the Canucks.
    I never said he was Neely.  And I already said 3x now that I'm not talking about the upcoming season. I'm talking aout for 2012/13. What if NONE of the prospects work out?

Sections
Shortcuts