Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me??

Cant believe it ...the guy is over 35 and has'nt played for a while ...he is going to catch a cold on his first shift ....Give me a break ....

Bring in Valabick that we just got from the Trashers it would'nt be worst

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me??

I called this a few days ago...he was actually pretty good in the playoffs 2 years ago

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

good pick up if u ask any player on that team when the sheriff was here they said to a man he was a huge leader in the locker room and the guy will not hurt u on the ice in your own end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Sherrif Shane Hnidy--- Knows the system,  plays a tough game-- for depth instead of having to trade someone for it-- its okay to give him a look.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Better than Aaron Ward

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I like the Sheriff, Is there a link??? way to go PC!! He's on a roll. All I can think of is him pounding Niskesen in the backround during the Dallas brawl. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/shane-hnidy-returns-to-bruins-on-tryout-basis.html

another good move by PC. cost nothing and he is rugged dman and he is well rested for the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me??:
    Sherrif Shane Hnidy--- Knows the system,  plays a tough game-- for depth instead of having to trade someone for it-- its okay to give him a look.
    Posted by JYaso

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/?p1=SportsNav_Index_BruinsBlog

Yep good for insurance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If we're talking Hnidy, why not Aaron Ward?  Why not convince Ray Brouque to come out of retirement?

Might as well coax out a retired player who was good.

There is no one I would replace on the current lineup that Hnidy is better than.

What?  As he gets older, he gets better?

In that case, let's dig up Eddie Shore's body or prop up Bobby Orr out there with those things Forest Gump had on his legs.

Yah, that's all ridiculous, but so isn't Hnidy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You can tell Chia is concerned with the Boychuk/McQuaid/Kampfer situation.

I hate to bring it up, but maybe Mark Stuart would still be here if other players weren't overpaid elsewhere on the roster.

Chia is lucky LA took Sturm when you think about it. 

That said, at least Hnidy knows the system.  Solid defenseman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's a good move if he is in good enough shape.  He probably would never see a shift as the 8th defenseman.  But if we had a rash of injuries, we might be glad to have a veteran like him.  He'll be very cheep.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Question is, do yu send him to Providence, or do you keep him up   as a healthy scratch so he can praqctice with the team in case you nee him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Question: What happens when demand (for a defensman) goes down (because you've added something)?

Answer: Prices go down!

PC understands negotiations. Willing to bet this is no more than a bluff/posturing. Not saying other GMs will buy it, but it could cause an opposing manager to drop his price for a target depth defensman from Minny's 2nd to Bos' 3rd.

Big picture move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would prefer Hnidy over Adam "Mr. Turnover" McQuaid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Why not?  Leadership, character, no-muss, low-maintenance, low cost, 7th/8th defenseman for a long playoff run, tough as nails and take no prisoners, and perhaps now needed without Stuart here as Boychuk and Kampfer will be challenged as the season winds down and the playoff push begins?  Why not? 

I'm taking my 34 HNIDY jersey off its hanger - seriously.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

i like it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

You would prefer a 35 year old, depth defensman, who hasn't played a single game this year (was passed over by 29 other franchises) over a young guy who adds significant toughness and is well liked in the dressing room?

Not saying Hnidy isn't an okay pickup, but over McQuaid? No thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hnidy is ten times the player Vala is.  That screams how bad he is. 
    I always liked Hinidy when he was here.  He will be a depth guy in case of injury.  Depth dmen are vital in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me?? : You would prefer a 35 year old, depth defensman, who hasn't played a single game this year (was passed over by 29 other franchises) over a young guy who adds significant toughness and is well liked in the dressing room? Not saying Hnidy isn't an okay pickup, but over McQuaid? No thanks.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Hnidy brings the same amount of toughness.  He also won't make rookie mistakes and won't panic and throw the puck away when rushed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Huh?  McQuaid is a #6 defenseman and still played better than both Stuart and Boychuck for the better part of the season. If Hnidy is healthy, he should provide the  experience the team will need for a deep playoff push.

Kampfer is better served actually playing games down in Prov to help his development rather than sitting on the bench in Boston. He will make the team next year if he can cure his defensive ills by then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me?? :  Not saying Hnidy isn't an okay pickup, but over McQuaid? No thanks.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Agreed.  Not Hnidy over McQuaid, but Hnidy making sure that Adam is playing his game.  He's a tough, depth defenseman.  He was one of my favorites when he was here ... but I liked Ken Baumgartner and Glen Featherstone and Sean O'Donnell when they were here too ... and, of course, Jamie Huscroft.  In my opinion these guys are necessary, especially as the regular season winds down and in-your-face hockey winds up.  If Hnidy's in shape, he'd be a great pick-up as an extra defenseman.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me?? : Hnidy brings the same amount of toughness.  He also won't make rookie mistakes and won't panic and throw the puck away when rushed.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Only because they aren't called "rookie mistakes" when a 35 year old veteran makes them.

It's also highly debatable that Hnidy brings the "same" toughness as McQuaid. Let's look at who Darth Quaider has thrown down with (no knock on Hnidy, classy guy, just not what we need):

- Zenon Knopka (x2)
    - Ben Eager
    - Brian Suttherby
    - Travis Moen
    - Cody McCormick
    - Matt Bradley
    - Rod Pelley
    - Arron Asham
    - Matt Hendricks
    - Andrew Conboy (pre-season)

From last year:

- Victor Oreskovich (x2)
    - Brandon Segal
    - Troy Bodie
    - Richard Clune
    - Simon Ferguson
    - Olivier Magnan

That's a lot of toughness. And I dont see tough guy Niskanen on the list.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebostonjam. Show thebostonjam's posts

Absolute garbage.  Go away Shuga Shane...go awayy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Some of you forget about injuries.  The team could lose a player or two as one of teh rounds go by...need to have someone there to add on.  Who is it going to be.  So, yeah, Hnidy was a good pickup.  Let him practice with the team and be ready.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ference makes more mistakes than McQuaid if you ask me

Sections
Shortcuts