Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me??

In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me?? : Only because they aren't called "rookie mistakes" when a 35 year old veteran makes them. It's also highly debatable that Hnidy brings the "same" toughness as McQuaid. Let's look at who Darth Quaider has thrown down with (no knock on Hnidy, classy guy, just not what we need): - Zenon Knopka (x2) - Ben Eager - Brian Suttherby - Travis Moen - Cody McCormick - Matt Bradley - Rod Pelley - Arron Asham - Matt Hendricks - Andrew Conboy (pre-season) From last year: - Victor Oreskovich (x2) - Brandon Segal - Troy Bodie - Richard Clune - Simon Ferguson - Olivier Magnan That's a lot of toughness. And I dont see tough guy Niskanen on the list.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am actually quite impressed with McQuaid's success and consistency in that area.

I don't think he's decisvely lost one, from what I've seen.  He's quietly solid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I would prefer Hnidy over Adam "Mr. Turnover" McQuaid.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    If he was the turnover machine you make him out to be he'd easily be in Providence right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Good depth move providing he hasn't slipped after being off NHL ice for a while.
    BTW, I don't recall this guy being anything better than a 3rd d pairing when he was here. He was physical, and didn't make many mistakes. He was somewhat weak on moving the puck and not the fleetest of foot and had no offense to his game. Stay-at-home defenseman for sure. Am I rememebering him correctly?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I would prefer Hnidy over Adam "Mr. Turnover" McQuaid.

You mean Adam "+23 for the season" McQuaid?....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good depth move providing he hasn't slipped after being off NHL ice for a while. BTW, I don't recall this guy being anything better than a 3rd d pairing when he was here. He was physical, and didn't make many mistakes. He was somewhat weak on moving the puck and not the fleetest of foot and had no offense to his game. Stay-at-home defenseman for sure. Am I rememebering him correctly?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    You're memory is spot-on regarding this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

twitter Naoko Funayama :hnidy is coming off shoulder injury that happened during a preseason with phoenix,could be mouth or more away still from being in game ready

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]If we're talking Hnidy, why not Aaron Ward?  Why not convince Ray Brouque to come out of retirement? Might as well coax out a retired player who was good. There is no one I would replace on the current lineup that Hnidy is better than. What?  As he gets older, he gets better? In that case, let's dig up Eddie Shore's body or prop up Bobby Orr out there with those things Forest Gump had on his legs. Yah, that's all ridiculous, but so isn't Hnidy.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]I am not convinced that Boychuck,McQuaid,Kampfer are any better than Hnidy was when he played here a couple of years ago.Hnidy isn't flashy but when he was here he could take a regular shift and not hurt the team.I like this move.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Dallas- i'll probably take some heat for saying this, but there are some serious holes in the games of Boychuk, McQuaid, and Kampfer.  They are not TERRIBLE, but none of the play rock solid in the D zone. Yes, i understand that McQuaid is a good fighter but i'm talking about making plays in the D zone, being able to move your feet and keep a guy from turning you, and having quick hands to make plays with the puck in your own end. 

There are 4 Bruins D who have no problems with this- Z, DS, AF, and Kaberle.  These other 3 all show flashes of being decent players but they have quite a way to go to be reliable players in the playoffs.

Management obviously feels some concern about this by giving Hnidy a tryout when they already have 1 extra D man on the roster. Sounded like he wouldn't be able to play for over a month but clearly their is not a ton of confidence in the young guys on the blue line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me?? : I am not convinced that Boychuck,McQuaid,Kampfer are any better than Hnidy was when he played here a couple of years ago.Hnidy isn't flashy but when he was here he could take a regular shift and not hurt the team.I like this move.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

There is a reason no team has signed Shane to a contract yet and it is not because he is going to break the bank....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He was 7th 2 years ago behind

Z
    Wideman
    Hunwick
    Ference
    Stuart
    Montador
    Ward

at the time just ahead of Lashoff and Boychuk on Cj's chart.

His best years were before lockout in Ott(prob buddy of PC), he was fun to watch, but he is not an upgrade on anything we have and is a def liability as he was 2 years ago.  He has the grit to replace Stu gone but that is it.

He is 35 and hasn't played all year, it is not like his prowess was skating, though I say play him if they sit Thorn to allow another skater in forward position though.

Would like to see him play the game 5 March against Cooke also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]He was 7th 2 years ago behind Z Wideman Hunwick Ference Stuart Montador Ward at the time just ahead of Lashoff and Boychuk on Cj's chart. His best years were before lockout in Ott(prob buddy of PC), he was fun to watch, but he is not an upgrade on anything we have and is a def liability as he was 2 years ago.  He has the grit to replace Stu gone but that is it. He is 35 and hasn't played all year, it is not like his prowess was skating, though I say play him if they sit Thorn to allow another skater in forward position though. Would like to see him play the game 5 March against Cooke also.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    Heck,I'd rather see PC go all Islanders on them and call McGratton up from the minors to pummel Matt Cooke.It won't happen but I can dream.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

OK for Pit game, dress the following:

Luc Hort Mcgratton
    March Kelly Reich
    Camp Thorn MacDermid
    Ling Roussel  Smotherman

Chara Valabik
    McQ Hnidy
    Fer  McIver

Put up more mins than the Dal and Mon games put together.

Pretty sure Pepe Lepieux would get the message, and would put out another o woe is me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

All serious Cup contenders need to add a 35 year old defenseman who hasn't been playing in awhile

The Cup is ours!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]All serious Cup contenders need to add a 35 year old defenseman who hasn't been playing in awhile The Cup is ours!
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]
    No but all playoff teams need depth and guys they can rely on who know the system of the team they're playing for. Hnidy adds both. Go figure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I really hope he doesn't see any playing time.  I know a lot of B's fan think highly of him and like his leadership and toughness, but I think he is a horrid defensmen.  The angles and positions in the defensive end he takes are awful.  He has a way of constantly turning 2 on 2 rushes into makeshift 2 on 1's because of the way he plays them.  When he was with Boston, it seemed like he was on the ice every time the opponent scored.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me?? : Only because they aren't called "rookie mistakes" when a 35 year old veteran makes them. It's also highly debatable that Hnidy brings the "same" toughness as McQuaid. Let's look at who Darth Quaider has thrown down with (no knock on Hnidy, classy guy, just not what we need): - Zenon Knopka (x2) - Ben Eager - Brian Suttherby - Travis Moen - Cody McCormick - Matt Bradley - Rod Pelley - Arron Asham - Matt Hendricks - Andrew Conboy (pre-season) From last year: - Victor Oreskovich (x2) - Brandon Segal - Troy Bodie - Richard Clune - Simon Ferguson - Olivier Magnan That's a lot of toughness. And I dont see tough guy Niskanen on the list.
    I think it's EXACTLY WHAT THE B's need! Never can have enough depth defensemen coming down the stretch & play-offs. It was one the B's downfalls last yr against Philly ! Nicely done PC! I'll take you as the GM over DC ANYDAY!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

god i hated this big stiff. CJ will i'm sure find a way to play him and bench both Mquaid and Kampfer. 

We already have Boychuk and Kampfer as the 7th guys. One guy going down on injury but 2 guys going down is not likely. Sign the big stiff then 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

You guys are nuts!

This is a fantastic move, I hope it works out. Yeah, he hasn't played in awhile, but a solid guy to bring in as a 7/8 D-man. My guess is that Kampfer goes back to Providence, at least for the rest of the season, to get some ice time since obviously the decision has been made that he'll be a scratch for the remaining games. Now Hnidy can practice as the #7 D-man and Kampfer gets some ice time with the juniors. They'd probably bring him back for the playoffs.

So don't fret... this is a guy who will happily sit in the press box, be a "good guy" in "the room", and is a reliable known player if someone gets hurt. Don't worry, no one has him playing first line minutes paired with Chara just yet!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes, that's an impressive list of Skating Clowns.  How many of their teams will make the playoffs?  If they do, how many minutes per game (if any) will any of those Skating Clowns get?

I'm not exactly sure what having two fights with a joke like Zenon Konopka has to do with playing defense in the NHL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Joel Pripic is available.  He's in the KHL now, season will soon be over.

Last season he played for the Prov Bruins, 143 PIM
    and his last season in the AHL with the Cleveland Barons 174 PIM - 80 games

and now...  in only 51 games in the KHL he has 163 PIM.

Clearly those PIM numbers means he can play defense in the NHL (NAS, no, I will NOT explain that)

And he knows the system, he's been here before!

Plus - talk about a great locker room guy - Joel Prpic at 6'7" 225 lbs. can show Boris Valabik where all the big and tall outlet stores are in Providence!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Hnidy back with the team????? Are you kidding me?? : Yes, that's an impressive list of Skating Clowns.  How many of their teams will make the playoffs?  If they do, how many minutes per game (if any) will any of those Skating Clowns get? I'm not exactly sure what having two fights with a joke like Zenon Konopka has to do with playing defense in the NHL.
    His point is McQuaid is making a name for himself in the NHL the way most rookies need to. He stands up for himself and his team. Lucic was the same way his first couple years in the NHL. He plays steady d-man defense while he is at it. I take the word of the paid professionals and they all say the same thing about McQuaid, he is steady in his own end and his mistakes rarely cost the team. That's all you can ask for in a stay at home defensemen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Wowza, Prpic! There's a blast from the past. He was a C though.

Sections
Shortcuts