Shawn Thornton best 4th line L.W. in NHL as per TSN's Steve Kouleas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Shawn Thornton best 4th line L.W. in NHL as per TSN's Steve Kouleas

Last night, Steve Kouleas ( the host of That's Hockey 2Nite on TSN) said that Shawn Thornton is the best 4th line left winger in the NHL. Quite a compliment I think. Does anyone give any merrit to this? I don't think it is too much of a stretch. Don't crucify me NAS, I already know what you think! LOL.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton best 4th line L.W. in NHL as per TSN's Steve Kouleas

Funny that he has played RW all season long, shows how much these tools watch the freakin games, too busy trying to outsmart the other numbskull.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton best 4th line L.W. in NHL as per TSN's Steve Kouleas:
    Funny that he has played RW all season long, shows how much these tools watch the freakin games, too busy trying to outsmart the other numbskull.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Despite him playing RW, as you say, nice to see him receiving some accolades - he deserves them.  The fourth line has been strong all season long and, I know this won't be a popular opinion, they deserve minutes during the playoffs.  Thornton quickly gives credit to Paille and Campbell for his 10th goal and then says that he would have voted for Campbell to receive the Gallery Gods' Eddie Shore Award (I might have too) - teammates.  Campbell then says how simple their job is, work hard, be first on pucks, and be responsible defensively - hockey players.  I hope the rest of the team follows suit going forward - I know they can and I hope they will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Thornton isnt a "goon" like most make him out to be.  Maybe he isnt the best skater in the league, but for a guy who will fight anyone, stick up for his teammates, score 10 goals and isnt a liability on the ice, youd be hard-pressed to find anyone else in the league who can do what Thornton does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton best 4th line L.W. in NHL as per TSN's Steve Kouleas:
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

ROFL

New show and needs ratings .  I ask myselg,  did TSN really need another hockey show ? Really !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I'm almost choking on these words as I type, but I have to face it.  Thornton should play ahead of Seguin,  Paille should play ahead of Seguin (for now).  I've been waiting all year for Tyler to break out.  It didn't happen.  You can't live on potential, especially this time of year. 
    I still wish the philosophy of the fourth line just eating some minutes would go away for good.  To their credit, these guys do more than that so I can live with them. There is at least a chance they will score.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't know if he's the best 4th line RW, but they are easily the league's best fourth line.  Campbell has been outstanding.  The league's best goalie, shut-down D and 4th line.  That formula led to 3 Cups for NJ, hopefully it can work for the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

If I'm an opponent of the Bruins in the playoffs, I'm hoping that Thorton and his line gets to play A LOT!

I think he's better then most give him credit for on this forum, but he's a 4th liner any way you look at it.  Having said that, the CJ seems to play his 4th line more then any other coach.

10 goals is nothing to sneeze at though........good for him.

That is  only 1 less then the 'future franchise' player got this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hey Scooter... would you play Thornton or Paille on the PP? Nuff said. I'd vote for trying to raise controversy and customers by being outlandish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Shawn Thornton best 4th line L.W. in NHL as per TSN's Steve Kouleas:
    Last night, Steve Kouleas ( the host of That's Hockey 2Nite on TSN) said that Shawn Thornton is the best 4th line left winger in the NHL. Quite a compliment I think. Does anyone give any merrit to this? I don't think it is too much of a stretch. Don't crucify me NAS, I already know what you think! LOL.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

I wonder how many B's games this guy actually watched.  His stats don't tell the story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nativescrapper. Show nativescrapper's posts

Hey Scooter... would you play Thornton or Paille on the PP? Nuff said. I'd vote for trying to raise controversy and customers by being outlandish.
    Posted by bogie6

hey bogie who has more goals nuff said....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

The best, no. A solid, character fourth liner with toughness and hustle that I am very happy is on my team, yes. Always glad to hear when Thornton gets props from around the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The best, no. A solid, character fourth liner with toughness and hustle that I am very happy is on my team, yes. Always glad to hear when Thornton gets props from around the league.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I think your assessment of Thornton is fair & accurate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Yep ^^^^^^^^ and to have added some offensive totals this year was an unexpected surprise and bonus too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Posted by bogie6

Absolutely not.  Are you saying in the playoffs Seguin is going to miraculously start scoring PP goals?  That would be nice.  I'd like to win the lottery too.
    I would not play Seguin on the PK either. Paille will get some PK time.  
    Thorton has established something with Campbell, they play well together.  Paille can do more than Seguin, overall.  That leads to Seguin sitting.  IF Paille becomes ineffective again, or we need scoring at all cost, Seguin comes in. 

Sections
Shortcuts