Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*

See 'dezaruchi' it's this 'different tune' from Gallagher that irks me most; this, Gallagher's 'mea culpa'-that-isn't'

He's basically saying the Bruins are the Charlestown Chiefs - he mentions the Bruins' 'skill' on the fourth last line of the piece - that they are the 'biggest, meanest team on the planet' etc. it's sorta a compliment - sorta. Gallagher is trying to say - which is the common refrain out of Vancouver - that the 'meanness' is the ONLY reason the Bruins won, the only reason they will continue to win. He won't give them their true due; That the Bruins are a good team for ALL the reasons good teams are good.  the Vancouver Canucks are not quite good enough for their lack of ALL those reasons.

This guy has to get the Centre Ice package and watch a few more games other than the Canucks'. His paper is aptly called 'The Province', apt because Gallagher sounds perfectly provincial

I would say the Bruins are closer 'the Detroit model' than Gillis and the Canucks are. The Detroit model speaks to 'team toughness'. The Bruins have it in spades

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*:
    [QUOTE]See 'dezaruchi' it's this 'different tune' from Gallagher that irks me most; this, Gallagher's 'mea culpa'-that-isn't' He's basically saying the Bruins are the Charlestown Chiefs - he mentions the Bruins' 'skill' on the fourth last line of the piece - that they are the 'biggest, meanest team on the planet' etc. it's sorta a compliment - sorta. Gallagher is trying to say - which is the common refrain out of Vancouver - that the 'meanness' is the ONLY reason the Bruins won, the only reason they will continue to win. He won't give them their true due; That the Bruins are a good team for ALL the reasons good teams are good.  the Vancouver Canucks are not quite good enough for their lack of ALL those reasons. This guy has to get the Centre Ice package and watch a few more games other than the Canucks'. His paper is aptly called 'The Province', apt because Gallagher sounds perfectly provincial I would say the Bruins are closer 'the Detroit model' than Gillis and the Canucks are. The Detroit model speaks to 'team toughness'. The Bruins have it in spades
    Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]
    Gord, I agree with you on this issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Thanks for setting me straight on this one guys. The poll question on 1040 today was" Bruins Canucks Rivalry- enough already or Let's keep it going?"  These guys are still blaming the refs for the cup loss. " If we get that kind of officiating in the playoffs Canucks will win" The Van media continually paints the picture like after the Rome hit the officiating changed and the Bruins won the game after the whistles and by not getting the penalties that they deserved. Last I checked, the goals were scored between the whistles. So looks like they tell a different story again about the Thornton /Gallagher thing too.They crop the picture to tell the story that they want. It's photoshop reporting I guess.