Shawn Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Shawn Thornton

For all of the nay-sayers out there who questioned why Chia resigned Thornton, have a look at this:

http://www.csnne.com/pages/v3_video?PID=EP_NK_Cy0CuoZFG3mOg5Sft52UDfhebF

The guy is basically spitting chicklets during his interview and still has more goals this year than many other bigger named players. The guy is a flat-out warrior and really does have above average skating/shot than any other "role" player in the league.

I am glad this guy is patrolling the B's 4th line and really, he is a bargain for what they are getting from him.

Give credit where credit is due.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton

he's definitely showing up more this year... seems McGRatts' presence has motivated him.

I was always impressed with his speed as an enforcer, so it's great to seem him contributing offensively.... you could even throw him up to the 3rd line and 
    put McGratts on 4 th line to see how that worked out (ie; against Loafs and Rags ) ..... 

I hope he keeps up the intensity factor 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

last night vs. hordichuck FOTY candidate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Thornton is playing with more passion this year than ever before,,reason is..???
    maybe another tough guy on his line who has some skills  Campbell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

S Thornton is the enforcer and for that is making time and space  for himself to score goals ,he bleeds black and gold ,and has his name on the cup  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

lol @ Campbell being a "tough guy"

his fights have been pathetic, and he's gonna get his a$s handed to him sometime

but I like his game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

The fourth line of thornton begin and bitz had similar play early in the year last year and began to fade away around thanksgiving. No doubt the same thing will happen this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton:
    [QUOTE]lol @ Campbell being a "tough guy" his fights have been pathetic, and he's gonna get his a$s handed to him sometime but I like his game
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]
    Shades of Keith Magnusson..   :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]The fourth line of thornton begin and bitz had similar play early in the year last year and began to fade away around thanksgiving. No doubt the same thing will happen this year.
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

No way can you compare the play of Campbell to Begin. And even though he often gets beat, Campbell still is VERY willing to stick up for a teamate and drop the gloves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]The fourth line of thornton begin and bitz had similar play early in the year last year and began to fade away around thanksgiving. No doubt the same thing will happen this year.
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    I think that Thornton wrecked his wrists fighting last sesaon.  They were always pretty heavily taped.  It wouldn't surprise me if he hurt them again this season at the rate he's going.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Let's not get carried away here.  Yes, he has had a great start to the season, and I hope that it continues.  It is nice to see the complaining about him die down around here.  That said, there is a reason that he gets the kind of ice time that he does. 

The only way that you will see Shawn Thornton on the power play is if at least six other forwards are either hurt, in the box, or ejected at the same time during a game.  He would probably tell you the same thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I've liked Shawn since he got here. First because he came wearing a championship ring. Then he just kind of grew on me. As the guy who has the dirtiest job on the team, for the past several years, he still does it well. That was a tough bout last night. But tonight he still was on FXnet with Felger, laughed off the bs and came off as a pure and simple regular guy. 850K per year may not be great in the NHL but it's pretty damn good in the real world. I think this guy is a hoot! I hope he pulls a Wensink and pops 20+ G's. And gets a raise next year to boot. And Reich and McGratten should stay sharp in Provi so this guy can get a rest at some point this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"I hope he pulls a Wensink and pops 20+ G's"

28,to be exact...Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kudos to Shawn yet two of his goals were scored with Seguin positioned on the other side of the goalie as a distraction.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Thornton is playing with an extra jump, my guess is because of hs linemates, especially Marchand. Marchand has got some great hustle and has some skills too.

As far as putting Thornton on the PP, lets not get carried away here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think it was bookboy whom had mentioed as to why PC signed McGratton. It did light a fire under Thornton's dairy air whether intentional or not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I have to admit that I was the first to wish McGrattan would have taken Thornton's spot ....but Shawn is having probably the best season of his carreer ...he is simply unbelievable , he plays with more passion, more ocnfidence than ever before , another reason why :

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]I have to admit that I was the first to wish McGrattan would have taken Thornton's spot ....but Shawn is having probably the best season of his carreer ...he is simply unbelievable , he plays with more passion, more ocnfidence than ever before , another reason why : Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    Didn't you even go as far as to predict that McGrattan would take Thornton's spot? 

Don't forget to mark that one down in the "failed" column in your predictions scorecard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

You know Thornton is a great fourth liner in this league because most of us would be comfortable playing on the third-line, though our depth doesn't make this necessary. His value is only increased by his class and heart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

ST  on the upswing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...cue the trade rumors.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]...cue the trade rumors.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

With an $850,000 cap hit? Not on your life.

And I can't believe nobody has linked this site yet:

http://shawnthorntonsays.tumblr.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Guys who give their all should be given more leeway when they fail than those with talent who coast. Not saying that's all there is, but society should prize effort more than talent. The talented can give effort, too, after all.