Shawn Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Good point Islamorada,  but I like Eddie Shore because he was much more than a hockey player. When he retired from the game, he wasn't content to sell used cars, he created and OWNED his own hockey team. Not many can say that.  And he put together some teams that could/should have been in the NHL they were that good.

You said, "Fighting is a sport by and of itself. When you introduce it to another sport, then you dilute the primary sport.  And, again it is too  bad the NHL allows this sideshow mentality to exist."

Eddie Shore fought a lot. 

So pick one or the other.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman

And yet im pegged black spider man. 

[/QUOTE]

I thought the black spiderman was cool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Good point Islamorada,  but I like Eddie Shore because he was much more than a hockey player. When he retired from the game, he wasn't content to sell used cars, he created and OWNED his own hockey team. Not many can say that.  And he put together some teams that could/should have been in the NHL they were that good.

You can't condemn fighting and then praise Shore - that's like saying you hate the army but Patton is your hero. Shore set NHL records in both PIM and fighting majors, and he's considered one of the toughest and most violent players in the history of the game. He makes Thornton look like a gentle puppy dog. And those teams he put together that you like were stacked with minor league goons like Don Cherry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to shuperman

And yet im pegged black spider man. 

I thought the black spiderman was cool.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I do like his uni better.  I am warming to the idea of black spiderman. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Shupe,  when I say inflate I didn't mean you started the threads .  I can always bet on a Thornton thread you will have minimum 5 posts. Got it Black Spidy ?

You are the pot stir master for the record.  Like the Pronger-Chara post.  You like when I argue don't you.  And you especially like when Dez and I argue. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Thornton has been playing great.  Beat the snot out of Rinaldo.  Scores a huge goal against the Sens.

"Really, MeanE?  I hadn't noticed."

That is exactly what you want from a skating clown.  Zero complaints about
    Thornton this season so far from me.

I remember some were bent about his contract and being knocked out by John Scott.  $1.1M to show up
    every game and quietly get the job done.

While Shawn has shown some spark lately, he becomes a lost cause when they play a Pittsburgh, and that's part of the problem with him in a skater's game. He is limited and it's a fast sport that requires quick moves, and he is slow. He is good for those 1st and 2nd periods and when the team is ahead by 3 goals, but no one, and we all know this, no one wants him on the ice in a tie game late, or behind by 1 goal late, or anytime the team is in trouble in their own zone. He's a liability and it's why Claude has been using him less and less in the 3rd period of games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

In response to MeanE's comment:

Thornton has been playing great.  Beat the snot out of Rinaldo.  Scores a huge goal against the Sens.

"Really, MeanE?  I hadn't noticed."

That is exactly what you want from a skating clown.  Zero complaints about
    Thornton this season so far from me.

I remember some were bent about his contract and being knocked out by John Scott.  $1.1M to show up
    every game and quietly get the job done.

While Shawn has shown some spark lately, he becomes a lost cause when they play a Pittsburgh, and that's part of the problem with him in a skater's game. He is limited and it's a fast sport that requires quick moves, and he is slow. He is good for those 1st and 2nd periods and when the team is ahead by 3 goals, but no one, and we all know this, no one wants him on the ice in a tie game late, or behind by 1 goal late, or anytime the team is in trouble in their own zone. He's a liability and it's why Claude has been using him less and less in the 3rd period of games. 

Ottawa seems to be a pretty good skating team and he seemed to do just fine.   He's not a great skater in my estimation, but not too many guys in his role are.  Even if they are good skaters, they are probably majorly deficient in some other areas such as decision making or having stone hands.  Yes, he is a liability defensively in the third period, but I would argue that every team has a guy or two that does not play as much with the game on the line.