Shawn Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Shawn Thornton

It's just been officially announced that the Bruins will not be re-signing Shawn Thornton.

Wheres Stanley?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=662&id=625438&lang=en&navid=DL|BOS|home

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Stanley rejoice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Goodbye Shawn. Thank for the memories!!

Please retire with dignity....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I think we'd all be surprised if this didn't happen. I don't think they ever seriously considered bringing him back.

So does he retire, hang around the north end and become a partner in a boxing gym or does he try to latch on to another team? Would anyone sign him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Goodbye Shawn. Thank for the memories!!

Please retire with dignity....

It'll be hilarious if the Habs sign him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

PC said 'best of luck with his next team' so it seems that ST indicated that he isn't ready to retire yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

PC said 'best of luck with his next team' so it seems that ST indicated that he isn't ready to retire yet.

Definitely an interesting quote.  Wonder who he'll be playing for next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It'll be hilarious if the Habs sign him.

Maybe as the water boy :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Will we see Bobby Robins next year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

Will we see Bobby Robins next year?

I would think it would probably be Fraser or Florek.  Maybe bring Robins up if a heavyweight fighter is 'needed'. But that enforcer role, in general, seems to be one that is fading anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Robins has been a career AHL guy, not one NHL game yet.  He's 32.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

I would think it would probably be Fraser or Florek.  Maybe bring Robins up if a heavyweight fighter is 'needed'. But that enforcer role, in general, seems to be one that is fading anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Every team carries an enforcer..........Bruins might not need one since Lucic, McQuaid, Chara etc. can take care of bussiness but do you really want those guys to go up against the other teams enforcers who play 3-4 minutes a game and are there to stirr up things and use Campbell as a punching bag?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Every team carries an enforcer..........Bruins might not need one since Lucic, McQuaid, Chara etc. can take care of bussiness but do you really want those guys to go up against the other teams enforcers who play 3-4 minutes a game and are there to stirr up things and use Campbell as a punching bag?

LA and the Rangers didnt have one and did ok.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

although he can't fight, getting thrown around like a rag doll by Prust, Dorsett has the same role with the Rangers as ST had with the B'S....

although he can play some hockey too, Clifford is the closest the Kings have to an enforcer....

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Rangers has Derek Dorsett

LA has Kyle Clifford

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dorsett. prust or clifford id take anyday.  Dorsett was awesome for the rangers.  Prust kills penalties.  Clifford is big and fast.  See the theme there...they can play.  

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

although he can't fight, getting thrown around like a rag doll by Prust, Dorsett has the same role with the Rangers as ST had with the B'S....

although he can play some hockey too, Clifford is the closest the Kings have to an enforcer....

Actually Nolan is and he didnt play.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I wish him the best in his next venture on and off the ice.  I never liked his approach or style, but unlike some, he's an honorable man.

See ya.

Im not gonna bash him either.  I hope he catches on somewhere next year.  Funny but i could see pitt as a landing spot

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

shupe is right about Clifford.  Although he'll fight, he brings a different skill set than ST.  Speed, youth, etc.

This is a chance for Fraser to step in.  Energy line?  He's like 17 years younger than ST.   His job to lose, imho.

Now, who's next on Chia's to do list…..?

In response to Sobchack's comment:

shupe is right about Clifford.  Although he'll fight, he brings a different skill set than ST.  Speed, youth, etc.

This is a chance for Fraser to step in.  Energy line?  He's like 17 years younger than ST.   His job to lose, imho.

Sign iggy.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm pretty sure this was Stanley's first official move as assistant to the assistant to the assistant to the assistant to the assistant to the GM

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sign iggy.  

Then Smith and Krug.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Dorsett. prust or clifford id take anyday.  Dorsett was awesome for the rangers.  Prust kills penalties.  Clifford is big and fast.  See the theme there...they can play.  

Totally agree with this.  Might even put Jordan Nolan in that category.  Useful guys, who can fight when needed.  I was/am hopeful that someday Camara could play that role.  

The Bruins need to be tough -- we all want that -- but hockey-tough, not goon tough.

That said, I think Thornton was a good Bruin and served his role admirably.  I think he actually helped shift the momentum in some key games/series, and seems to be regarded as a very good teammate.  He did what he could with his skill set and has a couple of rings to show for it.  I'm fine with letting him go, but I would applaud him for his service as a Bruin all day long.

shupe, quit writing stuff I agree with....

• Sections
    Shortcuts