Shawn Thornton...boxer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer.

The people who run the NHL and the majority of NHL fans like fighting and the skating clowns who do it.  If not then fighting would be banned plain and simple.  Therefore, if you are part of the minority group that doesn't like it then continue to complain.  For everybody else.....winning!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer.:
    [QUOTE]The people who run the NHL and the majority of NHL fans like fighting and the skating clowns who do it.  If not then fighting would be banned plain and simple.  Therefore, if you are part of the minority group that doesn't like it then continue to complain.  For everybody else.....winning!  
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

Who's complaining?  And just for the record.  How do you know that the people who run hockey like fighting.  They are trying to appeal hockey to fans in the US and those fans that go to games no zero about hockey.  They think the NHL is UFC on ice.   Now that it hasnt worked they are losing teams.  More should be yanked.  Fighting has a place in the NHL.  But players like Gillies and Orr and Koci do not. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer. : Who's complaining?  And just for the record.  How do you know that the people who run hockey like fighting.  They are trying to appeal hockey to fans in the US and those fans that go to games no zero about hockey.  They think the NHL is UFC on ice.   Now that it hasnt worked they are losing teams.  More should be yanked.  Fighting has a place in the NHL.  But players like Gillies and Orr and Koci do not. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

where to start....wide-sweeping generalizations concerning 300 million US citizens will not go unnoticed.  i don't pretend to be a hockey-guru, but i certainly know more than ZERO about hockey. now that WHAT hasn't worked, the nhl and ufc merger, or hockey in the southern states? who actually thought hockey in places that know nothing about hockey would work? these franchises are the anchor holding back nhl growth(not fighting). the nhl should chalk this southern expansion up to being a lesson learned, and pull those teams that are struggling from the south, and revive them in a deserving "hockey town". signed... one of the 300 million US citizens that know nothing about hockey.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer. : where to start....wide-sweeping generalizations concerning 300 million US citizens will not go unnoticed.  i don't pretend to be a hockey-guru, but i certainly know more than ZERO about hockey. now that WHAT hasn't worked, the nhl and ufc merger, or hockey in the southern states? who actually thought hockey in places that know nothing about hockey would work? these franchises are the anchor holding back nhl growth(not fighting). the nhl should chalk this southern expansion up to being a lesson learned, and pull those teams that are struggling from the south, and revive them in a deserving "hockey town". signed... one of the 300 million US citizens that know nothing about hockey.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I concur.  Bring em back to Canada and places in the Northern US where hockey has a pulse.

Breaking News
    "Clowns" Rosehill and Orr made the Leafs, does this mean we don't measure up and need to go get Godard, soon to be available Shelley or maybe trade Bergie for Gillies so we can play hockey with the Leafs this year.  Its funny.  Detroit always does well but hasnt had a pure fighter since Probert left.  They seem to play hockey pretty welll though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I agree the true clowns such as Koci, Godard, Orr, no longer have a place in the NHL.  Those types of players now predominately reside in the AHL.  There is a minimum standard of hockey talent that is required to play in NHL. 

This thread started with the questioning of Shawn Thornton and whether or not he was a clown.  IMO he is not a clown but frankly not far from it.  He needs to play to the level he has established in recent years to be effective and keep his spot in the lineup.  If not the B's will find a new clown, but understand they will find a clown.  We should be happy that clown is not named Kimble or Nazarov.  Now those guys were clowns.  Judging by those standards, Thornton is the best circus this town has seen in years.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The people who run the NHL and the majority of NHL fans like fighting and the skating clowns who do it.  If not then fighting would be banned plain and simple.  Therefore, if you are part of the minority group that doesn't like it then continue to complain.  For everybody else.....winning!  
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

A Charlie Sheen reference?

Losing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I agree the true clowns such as Koci, Godard, Orr, no longer have a place in the NHL.  Those types of players now predominately reside in the AHL.  There is a minimum standard of hockey talent that is required to play in NHL.  This thread started with the questioning of Shawn Thornton and whether or not he was a clown.  IMO he is not a clown but frankly not far from it.  He needs to play to the level he has established in recent years to be effective and keep his spot in the lineup.  If not the B's will find a new clown, but understand they will find a clown.  We should be happy that clown is not named Kimble or Nazarov.  Now those guys were clowns.  Judging by those standards, Thornton is the best circus this town has seen in years.  
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

I agree and no body likes a clown that takes a beating on a regular basis.  So I am glad we have the better clown for sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

NAS not sure what to make of you bud?  For someone who doesn't like fighting clowns you seem very eager to shake your gloves at anyone in this blog.  Are you the blog bully lol?  I guess I should take my puck and go home.

Well at least we can agree on rooting for the Bruins if nothing else... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]NAS not sure what to make of you bud?  For someone who doesn't like fighting clowns you seem very eager to shake your gloves at anyone in this blog.  Are you the blog bully lol?  I guess I should take my puck and go home. Well at least we can agree on rooting for the Bruins if nothing else... 
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

Isn't it ironic.  NAS is our ST. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ps.  you are lucky you have over 100 posts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer. : Isn't it ironic.  NAS is our ST. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Terribly incorrect!

I have yet to ask anyone if it was okay to rib them before I did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now that was a zing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]                              Now that was a zing!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

And a good one.  Guess he is a blogger and not a clown.  Is it possible to be both.  He would be in the league if the clown was taken out so I guess he is a blogger.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer. : And a good one.  Guess he is a blogger and not a clown.  Is it possible to be both.  He would be in the league if the clown was taken out so I guess he is a blogger. Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Blogger Crusty ? Crusty Blogger ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer. : Blogger Crusty ? Crusty Blogger ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

How about
    Bozo The Blogger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I agree the true clowns such as Koci, Godard, Orr, no longer have a place in the NHL.  Those types of players now predominately reside in the AHL.  There is a minimum standard of hockey talent that is required to play in NHL.  This thread started with the questioning of Shawn Thornton and whether or not he was a clown.  IMO he is not a clown but frankly not far from it.  He needs to play to the level he has established in recent years to be effective and keep his spot in the lineup.  If not the B's will find a new clown, but understand they will find a clown.  We should be happy that clown is not named Kimble or Nazarov.  Now those guys were clowns.  Judging by those standards, Thornton is the best circus this town has seen in years.  
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]
    Probably the best post of the thread! A nice way of explaining ST's role without insulting him! Well said!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hey NAS I didn't say dung Bud! It's that Dirty Dog & that Shupe fella! Dirty basterds! I wouldn't talk about u like that! ;-D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Every game that Thornton plays while a young guy sits it tragic.  If Caron is healthy and doesn't play 80 games this season due to a lack of room, my hatred for all skating clowns will double.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton...boxer. : I can't recall any reactionary battles from Thornton.  I can actually recall more times that Savard jumped in, which is about at pathetic as anything I've ever thought about. And Shupe, it's Thornton.  Driving me crazy!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing...This above all else confirms what you've been trying to express. I've seen Savard react with emotion and anger, but honestly can't recall Thornton doing it -

Kind of ironic and sad that Savard is the best example to use. When Thornton went after Cooke, it almost pi$$ed me off even more. That was a pathetic lame response, from the wrong person that meant nothing by that point.

Although I think Thornton is valuable, and  much more than a "skating clown" - he does accept that role. It's a valid point

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

NAS is more Marchand then Thornton in my eyes. He does fight more than Marchand though so... It's a tough one.