Shawn Thornton's shot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Shawn Thornton's shot.

Anyone who reads this I'm hoping you can help me. I noticed this year that Thornton's shot seems to surprise a lot of goalies. I haven't been able to catch it yet, but it maybe possible he's leading off with his opposite foot. Which can be a "nitemare" (no pun intended) for a goalie. So I can only watch bits & pieces & hoping someone can help verify it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton's shot.

He's not known for his shot... so there's the surprise!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

No I realize that! That's why I'm trying to figure it out. In the Tampa game he almost fooled both Smith & Ellis with a shot to the blocker side. He surprised Johnson in the Pens game. I'm not saying it's hard, or a laser beam. He just seems to be catching goalie's off guard. Maybe it's nothing, but I watch all goalies in the game & their reaction to Thornton's shot is like a "WHOA I NEVER EXPECTED THAT!
    Also, I'm talking about when he's on the fly. Not when he's stationary like Horton can do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not sure if it's surprise or disgust.  "C'mon Thornton, get that crap outta here."

Sections
Shortcuts