Shea Weber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Shea Weber

shea weber would a nice fit in the bruins uniform the bruins 1st pick may get interest for a trade wheels they will want either boychuk or stuart in return besides ference.  Wheels, bst 1st pick and stuart or boychuk most likely boychuk ( more promising) but wheels is finding the net( and younger learning PK) i would like to see ryder traded before wheels. Ryder, bst 1st pick and Boychuk will be my first negoitiation bait to see if their will be reaction for possible trade.

i know bruins fan do not have faith in wheels but i will give the rest of the season to see where blake is at before putting him on the block.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Shea Weber:
    [QUOTE]Here is the guy that would push us over the edge and may be available due to free agency.  Put all you eggs in one basket here.  This would be the guy to target!!! Wheeler, Ference, are 1st rounder for Weber This of course would have to come near the trade deadline and after we shed some salary! Would be nice!
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

If you want to trade for a team's #1 defenseman, you going to have to part with real value, not a 4/5 defenseman, a wait and see forward, and your second highest pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Aren't we paying chara 7 mill as a # 1 dman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Shea Weber:
    [QUOTE]yeah samsonov, but Shea Weber is really really really good and Phaneuf is okay at best, awful at worst. What do you think Weber's value is? I think its higher than Kessels, who got 2 firsts and a 2nd unsigned. I would love to have him, but the price would be way too high.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    Phaneuf is nowhere near Weber skill-wise(regardless of what Brian Burke claims).Would take a small fortune(in players/picks) to pry weber from Nashville as he's one of the leagues best.Weber would likely cost the Bruins Boychuck,Alexandrov or Kampfer,Wheeler and possibly 2 first rounders(Leafs + bruins pick-conditional on whether he resigns in Boston).I would make the deal today if Nashville would.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Wheeler alone has much more value than Weber ...DUH ! ! ! !

Trading a 30 Goals scorer for Weber ....HELLO ! ! !   Wake me up someone ....! ! !  ? ? ? ? ? ?? 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

That is on par with my ideal trade getting of Jack Johnson of the Kings.  Reality check, it ain't going to happen.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shea Weber : Phaneuf is nowhere near Weber skill-wise(regardless of what Brian Burke claims).Would take a small fortune(in players/picks) to pry weber from Nashville as he's one of the leagues best.Weber would likely cost the Bruins Boychuck,Alexandrov or Kampfer,Wheeler and possibly 2 first rounders(Leafs + bruins pick-conditional on whether he resigns in Boston).I would make the deal today if Nashville would.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

A 26 year old 4/5 defenseman (Boychuk), a Who-Knows-What rookie defenseman, a wait and see forward and MAYBE two first round picks?

No.

If Shea Weber was to be traded, it would take a real deal.  It would take Krejci, Bergeron or Seguin...at least.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What does Cam remember?  How to lose in the Cup Final?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shea Weber : A 26 year old 4/5 defenseman (Boychuk), a Who-Knows-What rookie defenseman, a wait and see forward and MAYBE two first round picks? No. If Shea Weber was to be traded, it would take a real deal.  It would take Krejci, Bergeron or Seguin...at least.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Your underestimating 2 first round picks(one of them a possible lotto pick) to go along with 2 players that are immediately put in Preds lineup plus another defence prospect.You say Seguin at least but PC wouldn't/shouldn't trade Seguin straight up for a soon to be RFA  that won't  be guaranteed to resign.Let's also  not forget that nobody is expecting this to be anything more than a pipe dream about a player we'd all like to see in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, well, in that case, let's send McQuaid, Ryder, Hamill and two first round picks to Tampa for Stamkos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Nas thats brilliant thrown in Hunwick for St. Louis and Deal BOOM!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, well, in that case, let's send McQuaid, Ryder, Hamill and two first round picks to Tampa for Stamkos.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    So you think McQuaid,Ryder,Hamill=Boychuck,Alexandrov,Wheeler(with age and contract status taken into account)?Or that Stamkos isn't worth way more than Weber right now?I mean you could at least come back with a reasonable pipe dream(is there is such a thing).Oh yeah,happy Thanksgiving to you also.Hope you and the family have a good one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler alone has much more value than Weber ...DUH ! ! ! ! Trading a 30 Goals scorer for Weber ....HELLO ! ! !   Wake me up someone ....! ! !  ? ? ? ? ? ??  Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Are you crazy????  Your man crush on Wheeer has gone too far.  When has he even sniffed 30 goals?  I would trade Wheeler and all your man love for him for Weber faster than you can say, "I love you Wheelsy"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler alone has much more value than Weber ...DUH ! ! ! ! Trading a 30 Goals scorer for Weber ....HELLO ! ! !   Wake me up someone ....! ! !  ? ? ? ? ? ??  Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Math.  Stanley.  Math.
    21 goals does not equal 30.
    And he is not even on pace for 20 goals this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

Well....I have to go with Stanley ...Blake is a hell of a player, believe me

Tyler

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

@Tyler

At what the game Monopoly?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

In Response to Shea Weber:
    [QUOTE]Here is the guy that would push us over the edge and may be available due to free agency.  Put all you eggs in one basket here.  This would be the guy to target!!! Wheeler, Ference, are 1st rounder for Weber This of course would have to come near the trade deadline and after we shed some salary! Would be nice!
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

Weber was named the 19th best player in the NHL by TSN, ahead of Chara and Mike Greene. He was also voted ahead of Chara by 2% in a poll of NHL players as top d-man in the league. He's going to be 26 when he's a free agent, ready to sign the biggest contract of his career. If Chara was making 7 million a year for the past 4 years, that's the range Weber will be in. Do you really think Boston can afford to tie up 15 million on 2 defensemen? We can't even get under the cap now for Pete's sake!
         Weber can go to arbitration for 1 year, and when he's 27, become an unrestricted free agent. Nashville doesn't want that to happen. So if they don't think he will sign long term, they will move him. But every team in the league is interested. Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto are rumored to already be inquiring, and Shea's agent is already negotiating a possible extension with Nashville.
    If they were to trade him, it would take a lot more than Ryder, Wheeler, and a first...plus we'd have to dump salary too. Don't forget, when Webers new contract will be kicking in 2 years from now, you will have Krejci, Seguin, and Rask all looking for new deals as well! Sure this would give the Bruins the best blue line in the NHL, but it would also put us WAY over the salary cap!
         People who think that Ryder would or could be part of the deal, other than as a throw in for salary dump, are delusional. Ryder has no trade value to a team that is rebuilding! His only value is as a hired gun to a contender to contribute secondary scoring. Why would a rebuilding team want a player who is going to be unrestricted, and has been underperforming for the past 2 years?
    It would probably take Krejci, Hunwick AND Toronto's 1st to land Weber.
         While I love Weber, my chief concern is the salary cap. With Chara and Weber making 15 million per year combined over the next 4 years, and with Bergy, Horton, Savard and Lucic in the 4-5 million range, and Seidenberg making 3.25, if you don't put a guy like Krejci in the deal, you''ll be over the cap.
    It sounds good in theory, but is not practical!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

sam,

not trying to sound nasty but that offer is brutal.  Shea is one of the top 3 dmen in the league and young.  He is only going to get better.  I would have serious doubts that Ovie straight up would get that deal done. 
    Try Krejci/Lucic/Rask and our 1st rounder.  Shea would be the best player on the B's.  And Dion and Shea are only similar b/c of the position they play.  Shea is an absolute beast who plays every situation well.  And he was one of Canadas best players at the 2010's. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]sam, not trying to sound nasty but that offer is brutal.  Shea is one of the top 3 dmen in the league and young.  He is only going to get better.  I would have serious doubts that Ovie straight up would get that deal done.  Try Krejci/Lucic/Rask and our 1st rounder.  Shea would be the best player on the B's.  And Dion and Shea are only similar b/c of the position they play.  Shea is an absolute beast who plays every situation well.  And he was one of Canadas best players at the 2010's. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Krejci, Lucic OR Rask, certainly not all three of them.

Yes, Ovechkin would get it done.  The only player that wouldn't be traded straight up for Ovechkin is Crosby.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Rask and Krejci might get it done. Would you as a GM be willing to go there for an RFA? I wouldn't.
    Weber is great and either via trade or free agency he will cost a King's ransom.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT,

I was trying to make a point with the Ovie remark.  There are very few players like Shea in the league.  He would require a huge amount going back and not a few plugs and a late 1st round pick in a terrible draft.  Shea in any hockey market would be the next coming of Pronger. 

What the heck have you been up to anyway.  Your one liners of brutal honesty are missed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Just how many 30 goal scorers do we have ?
    Wheeler, Ryder, Lucic,Horton, oh wait, you meant potential 30 goal scorers right ?
    On a serious note Weber would improve the offense because we all know that our potential 3o goal scorers are taught and told to be defensive which subtracts the offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Weber might want to take his chances with his agent nudging some GMs to sign Shea to an offer sheet this summer. Nashville is upside down on their lease and will not be able to build around Weber. Their formula has made them good but haven't had the right owner that will spend late in the season for the GM to make trades.

I'd give up TOs #1, Colborne and 2012 B's #1 for Weber.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Shea Weber is the ultimate d-man. We have to get back to reality & think about serious possibilities to improve this team. Like getting a new coach, getting rid of Ryder, Hunwick, Sturm & Paille. Then, trying to bring in something to help fill these voids. I think if Wheeler is part of deal to get that offensive d-man we need then PC should do it!

Sections
Shortcuts