Shell Shocked

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Shell Shocked

I am not sure I know what I am seeing out there. Last night was so awful to watch. I could not tell if it was:

1. Montreal on home ice energized to a fever pitch

2. PK Subban is carrying is team on his shoulders

3. KIL Line has lost its mojo which is strange because Ignlia scored

4. Thorton is ineffective

5. Mezaros is terrible

6. Paille is not working with Ericson and Sodo

7. The second line PBR is the only effective line but Marchand is got his head somewhere else

8. Lucic is distracted by all the non sense

9. Should we hit should we not hit should we give them free run

10. As good as Krug has been and is playing is his defensive gaffs dangerous moments

11. Is Rask that glaringly off

12. Is Miller, Bartowski, Krug over their heads

13. Are the Canadiens that good or we just that off right now

14. Will game two in Montreal be settled down and we play our hockey

15. Can we win the cup by playing only hard in the third period every game????????

I really do not know I am looking for answers form you experts. These are just questions.

Did you think Caron was okay last night?
    Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: Shell Shocked

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-say-effort-isnt-what-they-wanted-game-3

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I actually didn't think the Bruins played that bad, but a few of the mistakes were just not Bruins hockey (and certainly not playoff Bruins hockey).

They came out and played well in the first.  Controlled possession and took the crowd out of it.  They had the majority of the chances.  The Habs are just being more opportunistic.  Allowing the clean breakaway to the man out of the box is beer league hockey.  The Bruins never do that in the playoffs.

And then Dame Weise...Dale bleeping Weise...gets a clean breakaway.  Awful.  Obviously that was on Mezaros.

Would be nice to see Rask make a big save there too.

But when it's all said and done, I hope they don't make big changes.  I hope they stick with the game plan with tightening up the defense (which is part of the game plan).  The Habs can't score, unless given opportunities.  They don't seem to be able to generate any offense in regular 5 on 5 zone work.  I am still enormously confident that the Bruins are the better team.  Time to show it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i think this is the wake up call the B'S needed to realize that they're no juggernaut and have to play a full 60 mins or more to win.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not sure I know what I am seeing out there. Last night was so awful to watch. I could not tell if it was:

1. Montreal on home ice energized to a fever pitch

2. PK Subban is carrying is team on his shoulders

3. KIL Line has lost its mojo which is strange because Ignlia scored

4. Thorton is ineffective

5. Mezaros is terrible

6. Paille is not working with Ericson and Sodo

7. The second line PBR is the only effective line but Marchand is got his head somewhere else

8. Lucic is distracted by all the non sense

9. Should we hit should we not hit should we give them free run

10. As good as Krug has been and is playing is his defensive gaffs dangerous moments

11. Is Rask that glaringly off

12. Is Miller, Bartowski, Krug over their heads

13. Are the Canadiens that good or we just that off right now

14. Will game two in Montreal be settled down and we play our hockey

15. Can we win the cup by playing only hard in the third period every game????????

I really do not know I am looking for answers form you experts. These are just questions.

Did you think Caron was okay last night?

[/QUOTE]

The situation is not that bad....if I am Claude Julien I have a meeting today with Krejci, Looch and Iginla all 3 have been awfull in this series, I ask PC to recall Griffith I sit ST and I dont even talk to Rask ..goalies are so much in their bubble....he knows he has to be better and I tell Caron : hey kid this is your last opportunity to stay with the big club...take it or leave it., cause next season Griffith, Spooner Koko and maybe Florek or. Fraser will be knocking at the door....thats all we need to do after all the BRUINS scored the most goals in the NHL, allowed the least and won the Pres trophy...and yes PK is carrying the team on his shoulder ..ST should distract him, hit him but he cant skate

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The problem was my BDC avatar. It's back to normal now, so everyone calm down. St. Patrice will take it from here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Another reason to truly dislike PK Subban: from the Globe on Penality Shot Never Called for Dislodging the net. Thanks again PK

Nah. That’s what Montreal figures we’re here for. Silly Bostonians.

The way the Bruins played Tuesday night. Subban’s cuteness didn’t cost them. They had already done that just fine themselves. Let’s not play into the fallacy that it wasn’t a purpose, but in the end, the net coming off meant nothing.

The wheels had already come off for Boston long before.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I agree Montreal was quite when we took over the play. I just don't think we can wait that long into a game to get our feet moving. I am in panic mode. I am just saying last night was hard to watch. It was the first time I thought we had some real break downs and here is a team that is going to kill us for our mistakes. The insight you guys is bringing is great. Keep it coming. I put the log on the fire now burn it. I picture a split in each home town.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree Montreal was quite when we took over the play. I just don't think we can wait that long into a game to get our feet moving. I am in panic mode. I am just saying last night was hard to watch. It was the first time I thought we had some real break downs and here is a team that is going to kill us for our mistakes. The insight you guys is bringing is great. Keep it coming. I put the log on the fire now burn it. I picture a split in each home town.

I meant to say that I am not in panic mode but there was some real things that need to be observed and changed from last night so we are NOT in panic mode later.

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually didn't think the Bruins played that bad, but a few of the mistakes were just not Bruins hockey (and certainly not playoff Bruins hockey).

They came out and played well in the first.  Controlled possession and took the crowd out of it.  They had the majority of the chances.  The Habs are just being more opportunistic.  Allowing the clean breakaway to the man out of the box is beer league hockey.  The Bruins never do that in the playoffs.

And then Dame Weise...Dale bleeping Weise...gets a clean breakaway.  Awful.  Obviously that was on Mezaros.

Would be nice to see Rask make a big save there too.

But when it's all said and done, I hope they don't make big changes.  I hope they stick with the game plan with tightening up the defense (which is part of the game plan).  The Habs can't score, unless given opportunities.  They don't seem to be able to generate any offense in regular 5 on 5 zone work.  I am still enormously confident that the Bruins are the better team.  Time to show it.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I see it. The crowd was very quiet and I thought the Bruins would continue boring them, grinding the Habs, good game plan , right ? All it takes is one mistake and Habs have the Bruins running around chasing in their own end. 

Everyone was blaming Miller, Rask gave him a suicide pass therefore as much of the blame there has to be on Rask. Where I blame Miller is how does he end up on Krug's side and standing still watching while Plekanec is all alone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

The Bruins have not physically punished the Habs on a consistent basis like they did Detroit. Perhaps the Habs are quicker or the Bruins are overly concerned with drawing penalties. That said:

1) The Bruins can't roll 4 lines like they want; they miss Kelly more than people think (size, experience, faceoff option and Alternate captain leadership). The 3rd and 4th lines are disrupted from when they were in their win streak.

2) Krug and Hamilton's young legs have been effective and much needed.

3) Lucic looks slow - EN goal last night-draw was won to him but he was too slow and Eller poked it by and scored.

4) Last year Krejci led the playoffs in scoring; now he's struggling and making things too complicated. Was losing big time playoff player Horton the difference?

5) Erriksson looks like an average 3rd liner. Watching him its hard to imagine him being the consistent first line point a game player he was in Dallas. Makes you wonder if losing both Horton and Seguin was giving up too many snipers...

6) Rask looks average. Just average. Price has made this personal and is outplaying him. Yes the Bruins hung him out to dry with two breakaways, but as we know from shootouts, goalies do stop some breakaways. Especially goalies that are touted as the best in the league.

Add up all those negatives and the Bruins were *still* only one shot away from sending game 3 into overtime.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I put this on another post. But just a thought.

I am not happy with Marchand not finishing.

Try these lines.

Lucic Krejci Iginlia you cannot break these guys up. eventually they will wake up and they only work well together.

Paille Bergeron Smith Marchand is not finishing and this line is carrying the team so they need a little speed

Marchand Sodo Erickson Kelly is missed and Sodo needs someone to dish the puck to who can score right now

Caron Spooner Campbell Soupy can play anywhere and we need speed on the fourth line right now not bruising punishment. the canadiens will not fight

Chara Hamilton

Boychuck Barto

Miller Krug Mcquaid is missed for this pairing any chance Seidenberg comes back in desperation

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bruins need break out scoring.  They're scoring is too subtle I.e. deflections , rebounds etc.. can't always rely on  that or rely in krug or ham to score.  

I saw a team which looked lazy at times and also got pushed around.  Now their first line players krejci march must score doesn't look like others will pick up slack. Rask needs to be great

We have made price look so much better then he his. Some of you have said this is the best bruin team you seen in long time.  If so this series should be going to boston.   

[/QUOTE]
    Should doesn't really matter. Reference point 1971 loss to the Habs. It is the best team in a long long time, they just aren't showing it against the Habs, they seem to have our number yet again. I'm still confident in this group though.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

Seidenberg is needed now more than ever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

3 reasons why the bruins lost game 3. 1/ Rask Not as sharp as he has to be. 2 goals he could or should of stopped. 2/ KIL line, they were on for the one goal that rask had no chance on, poor coverage in the defensive game, if they cant get the offense going they at least have to play a better defensive game. 3/ The coaching staff. they certainly have to pay more attention to the game detail as well such as subbans out of the box breakaway goal. The staff is too caught up on watching the game instead of coaching it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:[QUOTE] The problem was my BDC avatar. It's back to normal now, so everyone calm down. St. Patrice will take it from here. [/QUOTE]

Bruins will take game 4!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The way I see it is that the Bruins still lack depth at forward, missing only Chris Kelly hurts.  The odd goal from the 3rd and 4th line can really turn things around.  

They are doing a lot of things right, they are in possession of the puck most of the time, but they aren't capitalizing on the opportunities.

There's a lot of blame on Rask, but I don't see goaltending as an issue, I see that the few opportunities that they are giving the Habs are excellent opportunities.

I see the habs are playing rope a dope to a certain extent, they are letting the Bruins control the puck on the perimeters and then clogging up the front of the net blocking shots.

The Habs looked slow to start last night and seemed dead in the 3rd period.  I'm shocked the Bruins are losing this.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Brickley hit the nail on the head this morning...

1) Canadians have been more opportunistic

2)  Their Top 2 players have been better than our top 2 players

3) Their special teams have been better than ours.

4) Their secondary players have been better than our secondary players

B's can fix this with the following moves:

-Replace Mezaros with Bartowski---while they both have flaws defensively, Bart's speed is significantly better

-Make the Canadians work for their goals---not giving them easy breakaways or 2-on-1s---or giveaways---Make them score as a result of hard 5-on-5 play in our zone for an extended time.---get pucks deep and bang. 

-Make Subban pay---he needs to have a target on his back and be hit every time 

-Bury your chances---very cliche but true for this series. 

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Better hope bruins win series if ur already shocked.  Honestly not surprised . 

[/QUOTE]

They have been close in every game, they have had an opportunity in each game so far.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Erickson looks slow to the puck always late and yes a healthy Horton is missed.  But others don't see it they'd rather have ig at 36 .. 

Loui is well paid for a 3rd liner. I say chia unloads hIm during next year

[/QUOTE]

Shocker.

Sections
Shortcuts