Shell Shocked

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Shell Shocked

In response to asmaha's comment:

The problem was my BDC avatar. It's back to normal now, so everyone calm down. St. Patrice will take it from here.

LOL, asmaha, I'm glad it's resolved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Erickson looks slow to the puck always late and yes a healthy Horton is missed.  But others don't see it they'd rather have ig at 36 .. 

Loui is well paid for a 3rd liner. I say chia unloads hIm during next year

[object HTMLDivElement]

Marco, Horton's the one who chose to leave....  as for Eriksson, i protected him all year due to injuries and getting accustomed to the B'S system, but i'm starting to agree with you about him....  if he doesn't do a 180 degree change during the playoffs, wouldn't be surprised to see PC consider him as a candidate for a compliance buyout....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Marco, Horton's the one who chose to leave....  as for Eriksson, i protected him all year due to injuries and getting accustomed to the B'S system, but i'm starting to agree with you about him....  if he doesn't do a 180 degree change during the playoffs, wouldn't be surprised to see PC consider him as a candidate for a compliance buyout....

No way this happens.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I actually didn't think the Bruins played that bad, but a few of the mistakes were just not Bruins hockey (and certainly not playoff Bruins hockey).

They came out and played well in the first.  Controlled possession and took the crowd out of it.  They had the majority of the chances.  The Habs are just being more opportunistic.  Allowing the clean breakaway to the man out of the box is beer league hockey.  The Bruins never do that in the playoffs.

And then Dame Weise...Dale bleeping Weise...gets a clean breakaway.  Awful.  Obviously that was on Mezaros.

Would be nice to see Rask make a big save there too.

But when it's all said and done, I hope they don't make big changes.  I hope they stick with the game plan with tightening up the defense (which is part of the game plan).  The Habs can't score, unless given opportunities.  They don't seem to be able to generate any offense in regular 5 on 5 zone work.  I am still enormously confident that the Bruins are the better team.  Time to show it.

I still can hear "save by Thomas" on those break-aways!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Brickley hit the nail on the head this morning...

1) Canadians have been more opportunistic

2)  Their Top 2 players have been better than our top 2 players

3) Their special teams have been better than ours.

4) Their secondary players have been better than our secondary players

B's can fix this with the following moves:

-Replace Mezaros with Bartowski---while they both have flaws defensively, Bart's speed is significantly better

-Make the Canadians work for their goals---not giving them easy breakaways or 2-on-1s---or giveaways---Make them score as a result of hard 5-on-5 play in our zone for an extended time.---get pucks deep and bang. 

-Make Subban pay---he needs to have a target on his back and be hit every time 

-Bury your chances---very cliche but true for this series. 

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

Agreed. Do what I've read other teams do when playing Chara or other top D-guys. Dump the puck into his end, forcing him to turn around and get go it and hopefully hit him before he has a chance to pass it off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'd like to see them play their game a little bit.  Outside of some glaring errors, the biggest thing in Game 3 seemed that they were afraid to get a penalty.  I suppose if they give up 3 PPG's they are doomed, but they look like they are neutralized right now.  And, as this team has a habit of doing for some reason, they are just not finishing. Missing the net like crazy, holding the puck too long, it's not the stuff you expect from a team with so much playoff experience.

Rask has been ordinary. Im not sure how he can be blamed for an open net and 2 breakaway goals, but yes if he's a Vezina Guy he needs to come up big any time now.  Hasnt done that.

I'm not sure Horton is a difference. Kracji was a machine last year and he's MIA, so who's to say Horton wouldn't be ineffective like the rest of them too?  Although I think I remember Krecji struggling against Montreal last series as well. I think Montreal is just playing great defense, blocking shots like crazy, clearing rebounds and simply outplaying the B's in every facet of the game.

It feels like the Bs can wake up and play 3 periods like they have played pieces of the third periods. They had better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Erickson looks slow to the puck always late and yes a healthy Horton is missed.  But others don't see it they'd rather have ig at 36 .. 

Loui is well paid for a 3rd liner. I say chia unloads hIm during next year

[object HTMLDivElement]

Days of orr . I don't blame the bruins f or the loss of horton. He did leave on his own ... you're totally right on that.  It was mentioned here several times they d rather hsve IG over horton. I wouldn't Ig at 28 for sure but not at 36 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Even if Rask and the rest are not playing their best they are still playing good enough to beat the habs IF they could only convert on their chances.  For some reason they all look like they have stone hands or when they have plays in front of the net the passes are never tape to tape.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Days of orr . I don't blame the bruins f or the loss of horton. He did leave on his own ... you're totally right on that.  It was mentioned here several times they d rather hsve IG over horton. I wouldn't Ig at 28 for sure but not at 36 

Horton really helped Columbus in the first round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Horton really helped Columbus in the first round.

That's fortune telling

Bruins in 4

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

No way this happens.

[object HTMLDivElement]

if his game doesn't pick up in terms of putting points on the board this spring, Eriksson will be shopped at least....  the quick development of Smith makes this plausible....  PC didn't acquire the Swede to see him toiling on the third line with that salary....  

maybe the Stars would take him back for Alex Chiasson....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

if his game doesn't pick up in terms of putting points on the board this spring, Eriksson will be shopped at least....  the quick development of Smith makes this plausible....  PC didn't acquire the Swede to see him toiling on the third line with that salary....  

maybe the Stars would take him back for Alex Chiasson....

I don't know if he will be traded or not, but I know he wouldn't be bought out.  He wouldn't be hard to trade with his contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

That's fortune telling

Bruins in 4

What does this even mean?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Not shell shocked, frustrated...Bruins need to play a road team game ... Slow down the pace, don't skate with a faster team ; dump, chase, hit, grind -- repeat.  Shorter shifts, stay fresh. Score the first goal and then try to keep the puck in the corners and along the boards; plenty of scrums, win the puck battles. No dangerous neutral zone turnovers, play conservative and dump it or pass it up the boards. Create havoc in front of price, shooter goes low (yes low) cause Price gives up rebounds. Bruins hockey Win!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

That's fortune telling

Bruins in 4

What does this even mean?

Horton injured is not the point then Ireminsed u of ur prediction 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Bruins need break out scoring.  They're scoring is too subtle I.e. deflections , rebounds etc.. can't always rely on  that or rely in krug or ham to score.  

I saw a team which looked lazy at times and also got pushed around.  Now their first line players krejci march must score doesn't look like others will pick up slack. Rask needs to be great

We have made price look so much better then he his. Some of you have said this is the best bruin team you seen in long time.  If so this series should be going to boston.  

As I see it, (easy to say) all they gotta do is start puttig the puck in the net. There have been so many blown opportunities it's maddening. The mistakes are costly, no doubt. But, what team does not make them? MTL has made as many or more, just the Bs have not made them pay. Too many missed corners, hit posts and crossbars is the ONLY reason they're down 2-1. I feel if they did not try to cut so thin a slice they'd have outscored MTL 3 to 1. Maybe just squeezing the stick a little too tight?
    Maybe I'm all wet too...

Sections
Shortcuts