Shelley on McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shelley on McQuaid

Yet another cheap shot on a Bruins player, yet another bad guy gets yelled at by the Bruins players on the ice.

Bunch of pansies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Shelley on McQuaid

Or it could be discipline - if someone goes after Shelley, they get a 5 minute major and offsetting penalties rather than a 5 minute power play in a scoreless game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid:
    Or it could be discipline - if someone goes after Shelley, they get a 5 minute major and offsetting penalties rather than a 5 minute power play in a scoreless game.
    Posted by red75

And the next time someone wants to cheap shot a Bruin, there is no worry, because the B's won't do a thing about it.  And the time after that.  And the time after that.

At some point, someone on the team should see red and lose control.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Im with you NAS! freakin PATHETIC!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

unfu$$ing believable...what is it going to take???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

So sick & tired of these teams taking liberties on the B's & NOBODY DOES A FREAKIN THING!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hey, I'd like my pint of blood too, that was f n dirty, but I'm not a vampire, so I'll take two points over a pint of blood every day. It never worked out that time, but the strategy is sound. Pound the living *%&$ out of someone who takes cheap shot when the two points are already unattainable if you want to send a message. Take their f n head off and urinate down their neck. But in this game and that situation? I'm ok with the reaction by the Bs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : And the next time someone wants to cheap shot a Bruin, there is no worry, because the B's won't do a thing about it.  And the time after that.  And the time after that. At some point, someone on the team should see red and lose control.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Everyone was  piled on Mcquaid,who looked like he was hurt bad.Should they have continued piling on?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah, 

i think it's pretty gutless to let that happen tbh, Chara and Lucic, I'm looking at you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Just glad he made it back on to the ice to play. I thought he was concussed. Pretty tough (and lucky) kid!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

yeah,  i think it's pretty gutless to let that happen tbh, Chara and Lucic, I'm looking at you.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

If Shelley hadn't been laying on top of McQuaid I would agree but there was a pile of players and linesmen and McQuaid appeared to be hurt bad.I just don't see how revenge was so simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Too bad McQuaid was hurt or else I could see him sticking up for himself. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : Everyone was  piled on Mcquaid,who looked like he was hurt bad.Should they have continued piling on?
    Posted by dezaruchi

No, someone should have pulled Carcillo out of the pile and pounded him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hey, I'd like my pint of blood too, that was f n dirty, but I'm not a vampire, so I'll take two points over a pint of blood every day. It never worked out that time, but the strategy is sound. Pound the living *%&$ out of someone who takes cheap shot when the two points are already unattainable if you want to send a message. Take their f n head off and urinate down their neck. But in this game and that situation? I'm ok with the reaction by the Bs.
    Posted by red75

It's beyond that.  It's about protecting your players.  Clearly you just don't understand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yea & then of all freakin MORONS!! CARCILLO KNOCKS LOOCH DOWN! WTH happened to Lucic's grapes! He didn't respond with a hit, Chara didn't respond with a hit & to top it all off? The Flyers are saying not only can we come into your house & take liberties on your players, but wer gonna knock your best hitter on his butt & score the first goal! UHG....Disgusting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

And I bet CJ is in the room right now....Saying it's ok guys...just stick to the system, dont get angry now, keep your calm, keep the system, it'll be ok. I won't call a time out because what needs to be said is said in here. I'll still make sure that all 4 lines get used even though we're down a goal! SHHHH.....It's OK guys, stick to the system, we'll get thru this!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Jack & Brick just said that Shelley was making attempts to apologize to McQuaid in the hallway - and a Flyers representative was saying that "he's not that type of player."

Well, tough sh!t... Stay in your own room and keep the b.s. to yourselves.  Maybe Shelley isn't that type of player but that's beside the point.  The cheap-shot is a cornerstone of the Philly organization.  Has been since they entered the league.  If you're going to use that as a team philosophy, don't give bogus apologies and platitudes.  You are what you are - a dirty, cheap-shot organization.  Discipline your own guys or deal with it.

As for the Bruins, they need to sacrifice the 2 points one of these games when an incident like this occurs... they didn't know it was going to be a 5-minute major at the time.  Someone should've stepped up and pounded someone on the Flyers...  Otherwise, Nitemare is right - teams are not going to respect the Bruins anywhere, home or away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Jack & Brick just said that Shelley was making attempts to apologize to McQuaid in the hallway - and a Flyers representative was saying that "he's not that type of player." Well, tough sh!t... Stay in your own room and keep the b.s. to yourselves.  Maybe Shelley isn't that type of player but that's beside the point.  The cheap-shot is a cornerstone of the Philly organization.  Has been since they entered the league.  If you're going to use that as a team philosophy, don't give bogus apologies and platitudes.  You are what you are - a dirty, cheap-shot organization.  Discipline your own guys or deal with it. As for the Bruins, they need to sacrifice the 2 points one of these games when an incident like this occurs... they didn't know it was going to be a 5-minute major at the time.  Someone should've stepped up and pounded someone on the Flyers...  Otherwise, Nitemare is right - teams are not going to respect the Bruins anywhere, home or away.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots

Everyone in the rink knew it was a 5min major.Hopefully he's punished for the cheap shot rather than the result.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : It's beyond that.  It's about protecting your players.  Clearly you just don't understand.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Hockey's about winning... yes you need to stand up for your players, but just like in life you have to pick your fights. There's been many times when I've been swearing at the screen asking why the heck the B's never destroyed some cheap shot artist. This just wasn't one of those times.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NO! It's never one of these times! YOU tell me when was the last time someone on this team stood up to cheap shot to a teammate! I know I remember ONE!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm not saying they do - like I said, I've screamed many times that they haven't - and I'm not saying that they shouldn't. They should, and it's about time they do. I'm just saying this one wasn't a bad one to use discipline given the score and situation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

I'm with nitemare on this one... you can't just keep taking it and taking it until the 'perfect' situation comes.  So, they can only retaliate on a cheap shot when they're up by 3 with less than 10 minutes to go... Got it.  That leaves a whole lot of other circumstances where the Bruins will allow cheap-shot after cheap-shot to go by without a reaction.  Makes for a pretty good doormat, in my opinion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

You know what? The hit that Carcillo laid on Looch was a nice clean hit. ( I just can't stand the punk & I'd call him one to his face if I had the chance & wouldn't think twice about it) However, that was a good time to show discipline. Where Looch just got up & skated hard & got the puck in Philly's end. When there's a cheapshot from behind like that. 5 min or NOT! You pound the bastards! That was the perfect time to lose disicpline!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oh... you mysogynistic little creep. I've likely been playing this game longer than you have.  Because in one instance I appreciate the fact that the Bruins thought with their brains rather than their fists or penises, you're going to pull this sexist BS? Give me a bloody break you knuckle dragging buffoon. I had appreciated you NAS for some of the insight you bring to this board, but because I disagree with you on the B's respone to one bloody play you're going to resort to 1950's Ralph Kramden crap?

Go play with your hand, since it's obviously the only type of action you can get.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The B's played a decent game tonight. One of their better ones, but they took it away by not sticking up for Adam.  I played a lot of hockey over the years. My best teams weren't always the ones with the better talent. It was the ones where we stuck up for one another. We let everyone know that we had each others back! That's how a team gels, that's how a team becomes a team. There are times to be smart & then there are times when you just draw the line. Too many times this team has drawn a line in the sand. Someone crosses it; they just move back 5 spaces & re-draw it! Then they scream & say "Hey that wasn't nice! Don't do that again!" They don't take care of business!

Sections
Shortcuts