Shelley on McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Shelley on McQuaid

Oh Boy! NAS,NAS,NAS!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And NAS, I've probably been in more hockey fights than you too. Anytime you feel like dropping the gloves...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

NAS: "Thornton has one more point than Jared Boll."

Ergoetal: "That's one more than Bergeron."

NAS: "Why yes it is.  If that's how you judge the two players, I think that's great.  I judge players a little differently."

That's beautiful stuff right there NAS, keep it coming.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I still maintain to this day.. when the league instituted the instigator penalty they took the game away from the guys who policed it..the players.. that's why you have this type of garbage all the time and nothing can be done about it .. The B's aren't the only team .. I saw tonite Crosby literally get punched in the face by Weber of the Sabres  about 4 good shots and no one on Pittsburgh layed a glove on Weber the rest of the game.. Look around the League this year how many guys got carried off the ice with borderline to nasty hits with no retribution by their team mates..It's just not the Bruins..

Everything changed in the NHL the night Todd Bertuzzi decided to take matters into his own hands on Steve Moore , probably something NAS and others were probably hoping for tonite ...Ask Bert the hell he went thru for about two years and still that episode is not over for him for that decision if it was worth it.. How quickly people forget..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We got one point and I dont remember us lighting it up on the scoreboard on the PP.  Its December and the Flyers continue to run over Bruins. 

The big good with the C on his shirt does nothing to make room for his team mates.  I saw him run Briere a few times. But other than that when has he stood up for his team mates.  Orr on Lucic last year....

The problem I have with Chara is that he thinks he is in a different class than most dmen.  And he is.  But he isnt here b/c he is a slick footed dman.  he is here b/c he used to be a killer.  He used to rock people and throw people around.  Has he done it once in the last 2 yrs?  I havent seen it.

NOT and I have our friendly wrestling matches on here but he is 100% correct.  A meaningless game where a message can and should be sent.  Worst case scenario is we skate 5 aside. 

Pathetic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

cowboy,

I saw the same thing.  Back in the day Samenko or McSorely or Probert would have been going postal on them.  Today guys like Avery, Cooke and others laugh and skate away after they run someone over with a cheap shot. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hey NAS if someone reported you, or deleted that post, I wanted to let you know it wasn't me. I wanted it to stay up so it would remain perfectly clear what kind of *$&%^ you are, and I wasn't about to run to 'mommy' to complain when I can stand up for myself. If you yourself deleted it... then how does that mesh with your contention of standing up and fighting no matter what? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid:
    [QUOTE]I still maintain to this day.. when the league instituted the instigator penalty they took the game away from the guys who policed it..the players.. that's why you have this type of garbage all the time and nothing can be done about it .. The B's aren't the only team .. I saw tonite Crosby literally get punched in the face by Weber of the Sabres  about 4 good shots and no one on Pittsburgh layed a glove on Weber the rest of the game.. Look around the League this year how many guys got carried off the ice with borderline to nasty hits with no retribution by their team mates..It's just not the Bruins.. Everything changed in the NHL the night Todd Bertuzzi decided to take matters into his own hands on Steve Moore , probably something NAS and others were probably hoping for tonite ...Ask Bert the hell he went thru for about two years and still that episode is not over for him for that decision if it was worth it.. How quickly people forget..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Great points.It's easy to say "punch someone in the face"when you're sitting at home and there are no real ramifications.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Oh For the Love of GOD spare me! Just because someone on the B's would've taken a shot at a Flyer for the cheapshot on Mcquaid; it would not have caused an international incident! If you can't handle some good ol' fashion "you hit us. we'll hit you back hockey? Maybe go & watch the ice capades! I was a goalie & I stood up for my teammates many times & they stood up for me. I wasn't calling for sucker punch like Bert did! I wanted someone to take Shelly on as he got up! Or, take Carcillo & throw down with him! Somebody,anybody! Just do Some Freakin thing! To continue to allow teams to come into your own house & run around like that is very hard to watch!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Boston/Philly, 3 penalties total in the game (one a major), zero fights even with a cheap shot by philly....sad, I miss the old days.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hey NAS if someone reported you, or deleted that post, I wanted to let you know it wasn't me. I wanted it to stay up so it would remain perfectly clear what kind of *$&%^ you are, and I wasn't about to run to 'mommy' to complain when I can stand up for myself. If you yourself deleted it... then how does that mesh with your contention of standing up and fighting no matter what? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I didn't delete anything.  Why would I?  I fully stand behind the statement that the PC Police had removed.  It's nice of you to come up with a judgement of me on something that didn't happen.  No one here needs any solid info on what kind of $^# I am.  There are over 3k posts detailing it.

Have you noticed, however, that hockey fans aren't backing up your Coward of the County turn the other cheek theory?  Read more, type less, learn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Oh Boy! NAS,NAS,NAS!!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Come on.  That was a good one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I said "if". I didn't judge you on the basis of something that didn't happen, I made an expression of what I would have thought of you had it been you who had deleted it. I'm kind of glad it wasn't you that deleted it . At least you stand by your convictions, as screwed up as they are. We've agreed in 95 per cent of the threads we've both posted in and when we finally come to a significant disagreement, on the reaction of the Bruins to one single play, you can't come up with any better retort than to attack me on the basis of sex? I thought you were wittier than that, and I've been reading your posts for nearly a year. But I guess you weren't thinking with your head... at least not the one that's above the waist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : I didn't delete anything.  Why would I?  I fully stand behind the statement that the PC Police had removed.  It's nice of you to come up with a judgement of me on something that didn't happen.  No one here needs any solid info on what kind of $^# I am.  There are over 3k posts detailing it. Have you noticed, however, that hockey fans aren't backing up your Coward of the County turn the other cheek theory?  Read more, type less, learn.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    For the big hockey fan you are I can't beleive you don't see the difference in this play from other situations.McQuaid was on the ice,not moving,looking like he  was knocked out at best(but could've had a broken neck-who knew at the time).So to expect a response any different is foolish.All the players came over and started picking partners when players on both teams noticed that McQuaid looked bad.And strangely enough they acted  like human beings rather than robots  and worried more about a hurt person than immediate revenge.You honestly think there was no fight because they were"pansies"afraid of Shelley and Carcillo?No,they were concerned for a teammate.How people don't understand that,I don't get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

TIn Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid:Forgive me for not putting a w
    [QUOTE]Oh For the Love of GOD spare me! Just because someone on the B's would've taken a shot at a Flyer for the cheapshot on Mcquaid; it would not have caused an international incident! If you can't handle some good ol' fashion "you hit us. we'll hit you back hockey? Maybe go & watch the ice capades! I was a goalie & I stood up for my teammates many times & they stood up for me. I wasn't calling for sucker punch like Bert did! I wanted someone to take Shelly on as he got up! Or, take Carcillo & throw down with him! Somebody,anybody! Just do Some Freakin thing! To continue to allow teams to come into your own house & run around like that is very hard to watch!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Forgive me for not putting much weight into your tough goalie(oxymoron)opinion.Goalies who fight look like the drunks at the bar  who put on the inflatable sumo suits and wrestle.So don't act like you know more than I about tough hockey because you slashed some people that made you mad.I.ve been in enough hockey games/fights to know the scariest thing in hockey is watching a teammate carried off on a stretcher and not knowing how bad it is.Whatever-I guess I don't understand the concept of tough hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : For the big hockey fan you are I can't beleive you don't see the difference in this play from other situations.McQuaid was on the ice,not moving,looking like he  was knocked out at best(but could've had a broken neck-who knew at the time).So to expect a response any different is foolish.All the players came over and started picking partners when players on both teams noticed that McQuaid looked bad.And strangely enough they acted  like human beings rather than robots  and worried more about a hurt person than immediate revenge.You honestly think there was no fight because they were"pansies"afraid of Shelley and Carcillo?No,they were concerned for a teammate.How people don't understand that,I don't get.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%, the Chara and Lucic comment was stupid, 2 guys not on the ice at the time, were supposed to seek retribution on a guy who was immediately tossed??  How does that even work, ference jumped right in and backed off when Mcquaid wasnt moving, Shelley was tossed out, the bruins needed to capitalize on the power player.. So people are arguing the way to respond is to what? wait 5-10 minutes and go after a different philly player?? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : I agree with you 100%, the Chara and Lucic comment was stupid, 2 guys not on the ice at the time, were supposed to seek retribution on a guy who was immediately tossed??  How does that even work, ference jumped right in and backed off when Mcquaid wasnt moving, Shelley was tossed out, the bruins needed to capitalize on the power player.. So people are arguing the way to respond is to what? wait 5-10 minutes and go after a different philly player?? 
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Not a very tough guy stance for you to take.Like me,you must not understand tough hockey...lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I saw ference jump in, but when guys are down on the ice theres not much you can do, had shelley been on his feet I do not doubt the situation would have been different.. I think the team  has been standing up for each other much more this year, but both guys were down, shelley still on mcquaid at the time, ference is supposed to pull the guy out of the pile (who i do think was genuinely concerned) to try to dram him out to a fight.. get real..

I would also make the point that brick didnt call it a dirty hit, he made the point of "I would give him the benefit of the doubt...but you don't make that play", that is exactly what I saw, that was an eerily similar situation to the bergeron hit a few years ago, the first concern is the player

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]Or it could be discipline - if someone goes after Shelley, they get a 5 minute major and offsetting penalties rather than a 5 minute power play in a scoreless game.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Nothing to do with discipline, if someone steps in and knocks the hell out of shelley then he gets 5 added for fighting.
    Neeley needs to visit the dressing room.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : Nothing to do with discipline, if someone steps in and knocks the hell out of shelley then he gets 5 added for fighting. Neeley needs to visit the dressing room.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    This opinion didn't count....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelley on McQuaid : I didn't delete anything.  Why would I?  I fully stand behind the statement that the PC Police had removed.  It's nice of you to come up with a judgement of me on something that didn't happen.  No one here needs any solid info on what kind of $^# I am.  There are over 3k posts detailing it. Have you noticed, however, that hockey fans aren't backing up your Coward of the County turn the other cheek theory?  Read more, type less, learn.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Relax, the psychosis will pass.  Once again are you doing the bait troll carp.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Can someone provide an example of when the "it's about the two points" theory worked in the Bruins favor? Seriously- Savard, Krejci, Aaron Ward, Mcquaid -when was the outcome helped by the non responsive-thank you may I have another scenario ???????????????

This is about the culture of this franchise under the direction of Claude Julien.
    Take liberties with our players -cheap shots, intent to injure, career threatening head shots...doesn't matter. All that matters is unemotional, robotic servitude to the passive defensive system. It will never work in most competitive situations as a general rule, and without doubt is doomed to fail in a game that has physical contact as not only an aspect of the game, but an absolute fundamental. If you can't acknowledge that simple truth- then be happy cheering, but be prepared for another brutal disappointment. Just think of the image of Mcquaid lying motionless on the ice while Claude was staring up at the jumbo-tron with that dumbfounded expression on his face - that's it in a nutshell.
    This team is a reflection of it's leader, and that ain't ever gonna work- you can write it down-

oh yeah - if you disagree, you can check the results.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

JW,

Agree 100%

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I'm with NAS on this one. The Bruins don't stick up for each other and aren't tough enough to compete with Philly.

Its NOT about one game or point, its about the whole season and playoffs. I certainly wouldn't want to go to work with the B's knowing nobody has my back. That one point becomes irrelevant if they get on a roll.  Have you all been living in a hole? Crosby fights when Pitt was playing poorly and they have since gone something like 14 -2. 

Bruins aren't tough to play against anymore, again!

Sections
Shortcuts