Shelly/McQuaid another perspective

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Shelly/McQuaid another perspective

Obviously with McQaid lying on the ice it would not have been the exact time for this TEAM to respond - agreed

BUT, what would have been the right thing to do was the very next time Richards took the ice - the 6'9" monster, who is the most intimidating physical presence in the NHL, the one who receives more than 7 million dollars to represent this TEAM, the one who wears the "C" on his jersey....should have rag dolled Richards all over the ice. Sending Thornton out there to have one of his "code" fights would have meant nothing.

That would have galvanized this team, and maybe the dbags on the flyers would think twice next time. And just for the record...we didn't "get the two points" by showing discipline. Taking a penalty in a situation like that doesn't mean you lose- it means game on. I'll never understand how anybody who cares about the success of this team doesn't get that. These incidents expose a serious underlying problem with this club...and as lifelong Bruin fan it's frustrating because I see it as a fatal flaw -to me this is why we lost 3-0 3-0 last year...CHARACTER ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Shelly/McQuaid another perspective

In Response to Shelly/McQuaid another perspective:
    [QUOTE]Obviously with McQaid lying on the ice it would not have been the exact time for this TEAM to respond - agreed BUT, what would have been the right thing to do was the very next time Richards took the ice - the 6'9" monster, who is the most intimidating physical presence in the NHL, the one who receives more than 7 million dollars to represent this TEAM, the one who wears the "C" on his jersey....should have rag dolled Richards all over the ice. Sending Thornton out there to have one of his "code" fights would have meant nothing. That would have galvanized this team, and maybe the dbags on the flyers would think twice next time. And just for the record...we didn't "get the two points" by showing discipline. Taking a penalty in a situation like that doesn't mean you lose- it means game on. I'll never understand how anybody who cares about the success of this team doesn't get that. These incidents expose a serious underlying problem with this club...and as lifelong Bruin fan it's frustrating because I see it as a fatal flaw -to me this is why we lost 3-0 3-0 last year...CHARACTER ...
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    I can't argue with you on this one.You're absolutely right that someone should've grabbed onto Richards(maybe not Chara as there is no chance Richards would do anything but turtle)the first chance they had.I'm all for dressing mcgratton next time against Philly.That's what he was signed for so let's use him instead of Paille anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I don't pay much attention to trends in November/December as the team (and the other teams) will look and/or play much different in March.  At this time of year, I barely look at the standings.  I just watch and enjoy hockey.  I don't spend all summer wishing hockey was back so I can be stressed out in the first week in December because the B's haven't be spectacular in division game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Agreed JW and your fu manchu stache !!!

I say roll McGratts as a 13th forward regularly, play him in NE games against Philly/Loafs/Pitt etc. Thorts can't carry the load himself. Some nites, just have to look for the offense from the top 3 lines and let a 4th line truly be a fouth line, like when LB and Jay Miller flanked a very nervous Billy O'Dwyer - lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Shelly/McQuaid another perspective:
    [QUOTE]Obviously with McQaid lying on the ice it would not have been the exact time for this TEAM to respond - agreed BUT, what would have been the right thing to do was the very next time Richards took the ice - the 6'9" monster, who is the most intimidating physical presence in the NHL, the one who receives more than 7 million dollars to represent this TEAM, the one who wears the "C" on his jersey....should have rag dolled Richards all over the ice. Sending Thornton out there to have one of his "code" fights would have meant nothing. That would have galvanized this team, and maybe the dbags on the flyers would think twice next time. And just for the record...we didn't "get the two points" by showing discipline. Taking a penalty in a situation like that doesn't mean you lose- it means game on. I'll never understand how anybody who cares about the success of this team doesn't get that. These incidents expose a serious underlying problem with this club...and as lifelong Bruin fan it's frustrating because I see it as a fatal flaw -to me this is why we lost 3-0 3-0 last year...CHARACTER ...
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    I posted on 12AUG10, that Richards has a bill to pay. You don't step on the whole snake, you step on its head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Somebody's gonna have to play philthy's game.target one of their skilledplayers,which would never include clowncillo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

lets all bring back the 70s .
    Julien is not for this .  he wants his star players preserved. its obvious in the play of Chara and Lucic. once the injuries start they linger with u for the whole season.  Julien wants a healthy squad going into the playoffs,  the real season. besides, no non goon wants to fight a Chara or a Lucic so whats the point ?  they r all scared of them.  sure a colton orr with 1 goal wants flight a lucic with 15 goals.  who wins that fight ?  even if orr is bleeding from the nose he won the fight. 
    pick up a copy of rock em sock em hockey if u want to watch the old days.
    i prefer a team going into the playoffs, where there r no fights, healthy with no broken pinky .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Shelly/McQuaid another perspective:
    [QUOTE]lets all bring back the 70s . Julien is not for this .  he wants his star players preserved. its obvious in the play of Chara and Lucic. once the injuries start they linger with u for the whole season.  Julien wants a healthy squad going into the playoffs,  the real season. besides, no non goon wants to fight a Chara or a Lucic so whats the point ?  they r all scared of them.  sure a colton orr with 1 goal wants flight a lucic with 15 goals.  who wins that fight ?  even if orr is bleeding from the nose he won the fight.  pick up a copy of rock em sock em hockey if u want to watch the old days. i prefer a team going into the playoffs, where there r no fights, healthy with no broken pinky .
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]
    Yeah the Stuart injury is a perfect example of what can happen when you win a fight.